Old 06-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #1  

Default Is nausea common at the beginning/re-start of this diet?

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm looking for some support and some help as I try to loose about 80 lbs. I have been following this low carb diet for almost two weeks now and I slipped off of it for a day to have a burger and fries with my daughter. I thought, "fine, I'll just go back to some very rigid, phase one eating..." Well, my body has made me suffer...for two days now, I've not been able to eat anything--protein, vegetable, water--you name it without horrid nausea and "other" side effects. I've not been able to leave the house in two days. Is this a normal side effect or did I just happen to catch a "flu bug" at the same time?

I'm living on Bepto Bismal even as I type this....thanx
Old 06-28-2004, 10:54 PM   #2  

Hmmmm, it could be a tummy bug BUT I seem to remember eating clean for a long period of time and then eating carbs (some sugary thing - my carb of choice) and feeling very ill! And it didn't even taste good!!! My taste buds had gone all wonky from eating strict LC. So I don't know, it could be the carbs but doesn't seem that the ill effects would last two days. Hang in there and I hope ya feel better.

Kel