Old 06-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #1  

Default Intro

Hi, my name is Kim and I just wanted to come in and give a very brief introduction. I'm 28yrs. old but will be 29 on Saturday (June 19). I'm about 80 lbs. overweight. I'm following a low carb diet, but the diet I'm on really doesn't have a name. I'm not being as strict as SB or Atkins. I'm basically just staying away from the white carbs, like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and sweets. I'm trying to excercise when I can, but haven't been very consistent with it. I'm a member of Curves, but again, I'm not being as consistent as I should be. My biggest problem is my fluid intake. I've never been a thirsty person so it's very hard for me to drink water. As a matter of fact I probably stay in a dehydrated state most of the time. I know that's not good, but it's hard to drink when you're not thirsty. It's not a matter of making myself do it, it's a matter of thinking about it. I just don't think about drinking until it's really late in the day.

Anyway, I said this would be a short intro so I better stop here. I usually have more time for the computer late at night as I have an 11 month old son who keeps me pretty busy during the day. So I should be back later tonight.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:12 PM   #2  

Hi Kim. Welcome! Please join us and we call all share in the support.

I have a suggestion regarding the water intake: try to get one of those bottles with a long strap and wear it over your shoulder to remind you to drink more and often. Refill it just as soon as it is empty. The amazing thing is the more you regularly drink, the more you will want it. It's kind of a habit thing but also your body gets used to it and craves it eventually. Before you know it, you won't have to wear the strap-on bottle and will have the good habit of drinking the amount of water your body needs.

Kel
Old 06-14-2004, 01:41 AM   #3  

I forgot to ask if it's ok that I join your group? I guess it was kind of pretentious (sp?) of me to just jump right in with an intro and expect to be automattically welcomed.

So... Is there room for one more here?

BTW, thanks for the welcome and the water tip Kel!!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:52 AM   #4  

Kim, it's great to have new people, this is an open forum, just jump in anywhere! Most of us are doing some sort of modified LC, or using it to maintain, or just feel better eating this way. I like Atkins, but haven't been "strict" and have regained this year. I am in the process of getting back on track, and it's slow, but at least there's SOME movement. On any higher carb plan I feel hungry all the time and have too much blood sugar ups and downs.

The thread with the dates is a good place to stop in and chat and give updates on your plan. I've been trying to post menu's but get lax sometimes.

Anyhow, nice to "meet" you, stick around!
dottie
Old 06-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kim !!

WELCOME