Old 04-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #16  

HI
I'm still the same today and maybe not as well as yesterday. This head cold is worse. Lynn, I was told by a Dr a long time ago that I have fibroids, but nobody wants to do anything about it. This is ridiculous, I can't even exercise with out stopping to go to the bathroom. I feel all drained of energy.
I didn't feel like exercising this morning, but then after I did, I actually had a better work out than I've had in a week. It helped me for a little while, so I went out and planted 4 rows of beans. Later this afternoon, DD and I went to Walmart and I bought some tomato plants. Not enough, but they didn't have the variety of cherry tomatoes that I like, so will have to wait.
Lynn, glad to hear your sleeping better and you got something to help. What's your B/P running? Do you test it at other times besides the Drs? DH's always runs high at the Drs, but not at home or at work. He gets pretty stressed out at the Drs. We bought a little wrist monitor and it works pretty well, but they also have free b/p checks at Walmart.
Aleka, where are you in FLA? I see on the weather map that it's cloudy and nice down there. Our temp is 87 and the days not over. It's rather hot in the sun.
Think I'll go eat a frozen dinner. Nikki
Old 04-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #17  

Wink

Hi guys!

It has gotten warmer. It was in the 80's. Nikki, it was warmer where you live than in FL.

ANNE, that is too bad about No matter how miserable she is as a person, I wouldn't wish this on her. Hopefully she will have a bit more compassion for everyone who is under her.

nikki, sorry that you're having such a tough TOM. I agree with lynn, it does sound like fibroids. That is the reason I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs. ago. I had a lot of them. But, my TOM was always light to non existant before my surgery which surprised everyone. I'm in Ft Myers, FL, which is on the southwest coast, just above Naples. How is your diet coming along with the frozen dinners? I'm thinking about trying that when we get home. I saw someone on another thread that was going to try it. I thiink it would be easy to do. Have a frozen diet dinner for lunch and one for dinner.

lynn, what is your blood pressure? I always have elevated B/P whenever I go to the Dr. She was going to put me on medication so I bought one of the wrist models and took my B/P at home and recorded the numbers. I brought the machiine into the offiice with me and also my numbers. My B/P at home was around 115/70. She did not put me on any meds. Try one of those blood pressure machines, take it at home and see what the numbers are. Was the Premarin causing your blood pressure to riise? Also, I'm interested in you gettiing off Premariin because I am thinking seriiously of getting off of it myself. Did you wean yourself off of it, or did you do it cold turkey? That is great that your step-father found his friiend. Now he'll have someone to do things with.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Aleka
Old 04-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #18  

Hi,
I'm posting early, because I think I will be in the gardens all day. It's gorgeous outside. Last night, there was a big storm north of us. They had winds up to 70 mph. We didn't get much here, it was windy, I saw the lightening and smelled the rain, but we didn't get any rain and we really need it. I can't remember the last time we got any moisture, but I think it was that big snow fall last month. I'm going to have to water my flower beds if we don't get any rain tonight.

Aleka, I eat 2 frozen dinners a day. My favorites are Healthy Choice and Life Choice (both made by the same company, Conagra). They taste more like food and have less of the weird spices in them. Then, I eat cereal and soy milk for breakfast, toast and pb, or some other bread type of thing. Several times a day, I'll eat fruit, salads, some toasted low carb bread with some sugarfree jelly or spread of some sort. I told myself I can have anything I want, but I can't eat all I can hold. So, if I want a Krispie Kreme, I can have one. It's 200 calories. The thing is, I haven't had one, I want to use my calories on things that are healthier. I was trying to keep it under 1800 calories a day, now I'm lazy and quit counting. So I decided that when I eat, I will eat no more than 300-400 calories at a meal and the snacks are around 100-200. That way, if I eat the maximum amount each time and eat 6 times a day, I'm still around 1800 calories. Most of the time, I don't eat that much. If I go out, I try to pick places that I can find out what the calories are, so I can eat the right amount. I've always had a problem with night time eating and I found that if I eat a couple of snacks at night, I feel better and I'm not starving. I'm never hungry during the daytime. I don't buy that idea of no eating after a certain hour. I think the body processes food 24 hours a day. The cells will continue to require nutritents after 8pm. If I eat 1800 calories a day, why would the time I eat them make any difference? I have continued to lose weight at 2 lbs a week and will decrease the calories to 1700 when I stop losing. Anyway, that's the plan and I can live with it so far. The diet meals are ok for now and I do cook sometimes too.
Better get going, have to exercise before I get in the gardens, Nikki
Old 04-18-2004, 10:35 AM   #19  

Hi All: I will start a new thread