Old 02-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default Another Wet & Wild Wednesday

Mornin', Chickies!

It is storming up a, well, STORM out here this morning! It started in the night and kept me awake. I keep wondering what is getting broken out there when I hear the wind roar and things bang around. Not much I can do about it now - I'll just have to clean up the aftermath.

Kinda sucky too because our baseball team was really hiped up about our 1st game of the season (pre-season game) this afternoon. I don't believe THAT will be happening. Even it does stop winding/raining in time, this storm dumped LOTS of water and the fields will be a mess.

I've got an icky, throaty cold this morning - might even be running a temp. I've got to go to Crack-A-Back doc this a.m. but will probably just come back home. I don't think that office of MANY accountants, who are working 10 hour days right now since it's their busy time, would like me coming in to spread my cold germs around. I might get tarred or feathered or something.

Have a good day all - I hope it is 'spring-is-coming' like in your neck of the woods today.

Kel
Old 02-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We are sunny but still VERY cold. I took the junk to the road at 9 for dump run pickup and my feet and legs are still cold two hours later. I think Hershey and I will not walk down for the mail this morning! We are going to her job at noon and then to town to pick up my dark glasses. We'll do an urban walk when we are there.
trying not to whine but it sure isn't spring-like here at 23F with a strong wind and huge banks of snow but it IS sunny
Old 02-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #3  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Good morning!

Kel - sounds like a good day to hide under the covers with a good book!!! Hope you're not coming down with something! I've know a few accountants that I'd love to tar and feather --- but not you!

Yesterday was one very busy day. I almost opted out and made a quicky dinner but stayed OP with turkey breast, brocc/caul mix and salad. I was sooo very tired that after cleaning the kitchen ds, Stephen, wanted me to watch Runaway Jury with him.... I tried but fell asleep with prob about 30 minutes of the movie left. I've watched more movies since that boy's been back home that I've prob watched in a year! I'm enjoying just being with him so much. DH woke me to come to bed and I slept good until around 3:30 a.m., guess that ol' body clock said six hours was all I needed! It's a good movie in case anyone's interested.

Today is lots of office work that didn't get done yesterday. And yes, tonite will be a lighter dinner with less mess. But I'll start it off with a salad and omit any breads, etc..

Hope everyone has a great day. Plan your menu and drink that water!!!

Hiya Ruthie - You snuck in on me !!! Sending some your way !!

Old 02-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I am Spending the afternoon packing. I am taking older boy to MN to visit friends tomorrow for the weekend. I have the laundry done but have to pull together my cloths and pack. We leave right after school tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing my friend but life is frantic.
Kel feel better, Spring I promiss is just around the corner!
Ruth, I hope you had fun in town today, how was the eye Dr?
mama, good for you for staying op and PLANNING! I am so bad at that!

I spent 2 hours in a comittee meeting for our school auction. I do tech stuff and the woman who runs the finances for the school has said that everything that goes to print will have to go through her first....Our time frame does not include a week for her to turn things around....another meeting on Monday to hash this issue out!

Ok off to help with homwork....
-L
Old 02-25-2004, 04:33 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

I went swimming this morning but we went to the warmer pool because it is closer to the hospital where we had an appointment for mammograms. After swimming, my friend took me out for my birthday brunch. I had lovely bacon, sausages and eggs. Then we went for the mammo which really wasn't bad for me but quite painful for her. I guess sometimes it's a good thing to have small boobs. I'm expecting a visit from my sis and her hubby this afternoon. I will put him to work pruning my grapevines while she and I visit and play Scrabble.
Yesterday I gave in to temptation and bought a 10 oz bag of mixed salted nuts with the intention of only having 1 oz. Well, you guessed it. I ate most of the bag in the course of the day. NOT a good thing but I'm over it now and back on track. It's a terrible thing how these goodies just jump off the shelves into our shopping carts and from there into our mouths, isn't it? At least it wasn't Krispy Kreme Doughnuts which had their grand opening not too far from us yesterday morning. Thank goodness doughnuts are not a weakness of mine (one of the few treats that aren't )