Old 02-13-2004, 05:19 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Tgif 2/13/04

Coffee is done and ready!!!

I am getting ready to go and exercise. Hope all is well. My weekend is not promising to be good but I will try!!! I have a busy weekend planned and not relief. I will not get much time to even clean the hosue except for about 4 hours on saturday. But what else can i say Kids do come first. they do nto remembe that the house has several dog hair balls running around but theyd o remember what I do with and for them.

Well got to hit a load of laundry before I hit the gym!!

Enjoy the coffee I got my cup and that is about all I will get!!

See you all this evening if I can get near the computer!!
Old 02-13-2004, 07:51 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Susan, kel, Robin.......

I am getting ready to exercise at home. kids are off today. They have Monday off too. For Winter break. We get a few weeks off in March so not too bad.

I got my execercise in yesterday. Although I did really well on that, my food choices were not so good. But I had remorse about it so that might be a god sighn right?

I caught Survivor last night, then I watched extreem makeover. It is amazing to me to see the changes that these people go through...It gives mr hope for my tummy tuck in a few years

OK gonna hit the WO, have a great friday, a great weekend, and POST PEOPLE!!!!!
-L
Old 02-13-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tgif!

Hey a new smilie! Changed for Valentines Day, I guess.

You exercising chickies are really getting to me. On one of the journals, someone referred to their inner slinky and I need to get in tough with mine soon! Hershey does too!

There's a huge prehistoric orange animal in the lane next door - it's sort of a steam shovel with a hook on one end and a shovel thing on the other - a back hoe? Steve has finally decided to fix his dead water system and they are digging up the well. Now get this - I bought that house in the late 80's and put in a brand new well in the 1990's. So....they call in Ralph who bought it 39 years ago and asked him where to dig for the well. Ahem! I went out and explained where the new well was but.....four hours and $$$$ later they found the old well which was not connected to anything. They poked and probed and found my well finally. Men!!!!!!! I'm trying hard not to feel too superior and will refrain from comment when they get back to digging today. I may even offer them coffee and muffins later in the morning and try to smile rather than smirk.

Odds and ends on the "list" today including one of my least favourite jobs - replacing a zipper in a jacket! I'll sit by the woodstove and drink coffee while I pick out the stitching on the old one so don't pity me too much!

Hey busy chickies - love yourself a bit for Valentine's Day, please.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:07 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Love You Too
Old 02-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies!!

Ruth~ you earned the right to smirk!! Go ahead and smirk! (would sauntering towards them be too much?)

L~ if you felt remorse, then your doing great!!!

Its nice to see so many working out!! Good job!! It keeps us all motivated I did my upper body w.o. this morning, and I DIDNT want to do it!! I was nice and snuggly warm in my bed, hubby spooned up to me.....it was heaven. But I did it.....I dragged my lazy butt out of bed, and did my thing. Im soooooo happy its over!! Breakky eaten, lunches made, and showered.....Im definitely more organized this way!

What does everyone have planned for valentines day? We havent planned anything Hubby has an appointment with the tax man, and we will be at the store most of the day. We arent ones to go to restaurants, and celebrate with everyone else. Maybe, I'll dig out some of that sexy stuff out of my closet

Have a great day ladies, I'll check back later to see what everyone is up to

Robin
Old 02-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #6  

Happy Friday the 13th!

That's right, Ruth - kill them with kindness! Why is it that men think they are the only ones that know anything about MANLY 'outside' things? Couple weeks ago I showed up at the high school ball field clean-up day with my shovel and was looked at like I was a bit crazy. It was only a shovel! I can handle a shovel and a few weeds!

Sad here cuz there is a very cloudy sky out this morning. I was really looking forward to another sunny/warm day.

We have a three day weekend here (2nd one in a row) but with cleaning, laundry, baseball practice and then the first practice game on Monday morning it will hardly seem like 3 days 'off'.

Gotta hit the showers and get my day rolling. I dreamt about college aid apps, scholarship forms, federal grants, etc. last night since Melis and I have been filling out oodles this week. It's really starting to sink in now - she will be on her way into the world in just about 6 months! YIKES!

Kel
Old 02-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

Put a gold star beside my name too. I dragged myself off to the pool this morning and put in an hour of very gentle deep water jogging. I'm afraid we were too busy yacking with a pal who hasn't been around much lately due to a death in her family. But, at least I did go and I did keep moving which should count for something.
Ruth, you should have just let them muddle around on their own looking for the well. Obviously they didn't want to listen to a woman's advice so let them waste time. Yeah, yeah, I know. I couldn't have kept my mouth shut either.
Say, Ruth. How the heck do I read your journal? I can't find it anywhere.
By the way, can you believe I just planted that peony you brought me last year. It has spent the winter in the same plastic bag you brought it in, out on the patio in that large pot where I tucked it the day you arrived. Yesterday, while sweeping dead leaves off the patio I dared take a look at it thinking it would surely have expired but lo and behold, there were new red sprouts! Halleluja! It is now safely in the ground. How could I have been so neglectful. I just don't deserve nice things.
Looks like our gorgeous weather (3 whole days) is almost at an end. Even though it's sunny right now, the clouds are closing in. Darn. I still have so much garden clean-up to do. But, I'm off to do some grocery shopping now so I will check in with you later.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:11 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda, go to Journals, select the member list, click on R, find Ruthxxx and you are away. Or just browse through the pages. I'm on the second or third page now since SOME OF US GET UP AND IN HERE AT A DECENT HOUR. roflolpimp!
I'm sure the peony will be just fine. That is one tough plant that goes back to at least 1894 when my aunt helped her mother plant it when she was a wee girl! Lord knows where it lived before then!