Old 01-24-2004, 02:22 PM   #1  

Smile Any recommendations off the new low carb menus?

I just returned from eating a buffalo chicken sandwich at Blimpie's. It is on their new low-carb menu (17 carbs - 10 grams of fiber = 7 net carbs). It was okay. I expected it to be a bit small (it was), but I didn't expect it to be the same price as a large sub. I'm glad I tried it, but from now on I'll stick with their salads. I was just wondering if anyone has tried something off the new low carb menus we've seen popping up everywhere that they want to recommend.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:06 PM   #2  
workin' my way back down

I tried the turkey/bacon/ranch dressing rollup at Subway - it was (I think) 7 or 8g net carbs... not bad, a little small, but ok -- I doubt I'll make it a regular part of my eating, but I was in a bind that day, on the road w/no lunch, 5-6 hours until getting home, a pizza place next door to the the doctor's office I was working at, and only fast food joints on the way there! It did, however, hold me (along w/a couple of string cheese's) until I got home for supper!
Old 01-24-2004, 05:42 PM   #3  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I have tried the Subway wraps too. They are not big by any means but they are good. I am especially happy that I have a quick food alternative that I can eat and drive with as occasionally I get stuck with that scenario.

I think we are going to have to keep a good eye on the stuff they are advertising as low carb to be sure we are staying under on counts. Some of the menu items I have heard about in some of the sit down establishments are kind of on the high end. Seventeen grams is high when you are only eating twenty for the day. I guess it is up to us to stay educated.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #4  

Kids wanted to stop by Hardees for lunch today. I stopped when I saw their sign out front advertising low carb meals. I discovered it is the usual hamburger (filled with saturated fats), but without the bun. It is served between two pieces of lettuce that takes the place of the bun. Not exactly a new menu item..... oh, yea, and it was just as expensive, if not more so.