Old 09-29-2003, 10:19 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Mon. Sept.29/chick-chat

Morning to you all. I am at home sick. Not feeling that good as I have a sore throat etc.
JUST TOOK SOME TIME TO READ BACK OVER SOME POST, GEE, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE DOING GREAT. I am not doing so well with the low carb thing. but I am going to start as of right now. Yes I am.
Has any one done the Zone diet?? I borrowed the book from a friend, but I have not opened it.

Ruth where are you today.

Well going for a quick pick up around the house, will check back after,
A lg. slice of stay on prog. pie for me today,

Tazcat
Old 09-29-2003, 10:21 AM   #2  

Default Monday! Monday! 9/29

A west coaster is starting the daily?????????

Well - it was bound to happen. So many people have moved over to the new Atkins board that it has left our little slice of heaven here soooo looooonely! (I myself perscribe to the logic that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!' - but that's just me...)

Very fall like around northern Cali lately! I'm taking the boys new coat shopping (actually, hooded sweatshirts - they're too 'cool' for actual coats) after school today since it is a bit too nippy wait for the bus at 7 am in t-shirts and shorts.

Cleaning my desk, fighting ants in the kitchen and finishing the laundry is on the slate for me today. How about everyone else???

Kel
Old 09-29-2003, 10:32 AM   #3  

Morning.

I found out today that the student that I was worried about has cancer. Lymphoma. He starts chemo today. The ***'t principal says that there is about an 80% cure rate. If the chemo doesn't work he'll have to have a bone marrow transplant (I think). I'm so worried about him. Please pray for him.

Karla
Old 09-29-2003, 10:44 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh Karla - that is so sad about your wee student! You were right to worry. Let's hope and pray that the chemo works.

Taz, I was in earlier but didn't post as I had to get Harry cranked up for a trip to the doc for bloodwork. I was supposed to fast but just had to have a coffee. The poor nurse jabbed and stabbed but could not get a vein for a sample so my coffee guilt was in vain. I'll have to go to the lab later this week to give them a sample. I hope you feel better soon. I find zinc lozenges work well for my sore throats.

Kel, you nearly started the daily but that East Coast Chick beat you by 2 minutes so I merged you. I don't have ants to fight - just mice again, dammit! There was one cute little guy in the dog kibble this morning. I captured him and sent him oustide but he'll be back.

Laundry is on my schedule this morning but first another coffee!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Im with you Kel!

Im off to paint moose on the outside of the store, but I need to dress a whole lot warmer!!! We may even have to turn the woodstove on tonight in the house.

Started week 4 this morning on BFL its going pretty good. I need to go buy another new bra, they just keep getting smaller and smaller Im not complaining!! and Im not listening to the complaining by my other half!

Thats about if for me, all's pretty quiet. Have a great day all

Robin
Old 09-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

Kel - I didnt leave! I had a busy weekend! Today is my 13th Wedding anniversary! So we celebrated all weekend! Didnt get near the computer! I do post over there, but not over the weekend!

I have great news to report! I am down 2 pounds for a total of 14 in 8 weeks! I also lost another 7.5 inches over my entire body for a total of 17 inches gone forever in 8 weeks! I am on !! This is going to be a great week!

Well I am off to the gym! I will check in later!! Hugs to all!
Old 09-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

Hi Chicks. It's Late-Again-Linda.

Somehow my mornings are always too busy to get on the computer.
Today was my morning for the swimming pool so I spent over an hour there trying to get my heart rate up. Then, I had to have breakfast and coffee and read the paper which all takes up time. Then I made some yogurt and changed my bedsheets and did some laundry, etc etc. Usual stuff.
This afternoon, I have bread on the go in the bread machine to be baked in the oven after it cools off. We're still having some record-breaking warm temps here on the Wet Coast. I don't know how long this heat wave can last but it's very nice. Especially when we know there will be a long dreary winter of rain, rain, rain.

Today was the Great Pumpkin Challenge WI and we're still waiting for some of our chicks to check in. I have lost a grand total of 5 lb in the first four weeks and I'm celebrating every darned one of them. I'm sure they're gone because I've made a couple of little changes including Body Flex and more recently, full fat home made yogurt. My goal for the end of October is to lose 12 lb so I'm hoping this small but steady weight loss will continue. With Body Flex we are supposed to measure every week and so far my numbers haven't been too inspiring but I'm convinced that I'm losing in places that I don't measure. My upper and lower abs, waist, hips, thighs (shudder) and upper arms only show a total of 6 inches lost. I think I should have also been measuring my boobs, caboose, my knees, my shoulders and my neck because that's where my clothes are hanging looser. Too bad my tummy fat is so stubborn.

Karla, I'm so sorry about your sick little student. We feel so helpless when a child is ill. I sure hope they can help her.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

An even later chick checking in. How's everyone today? I'm feeling much better, just in time to start dreading my dr. appt. on Thursday with they gyno. Yech! Anyway, that's life, right! Hope you're all doing well and shrinking, can't wait to weigh myself this week. Cross everything for me, ok? I can ALMOST button my 14's, I haven't fit into those since high school <gasp> 11 years ago. Where does the time go? Ya'll have a great night, talk to you tomorrow!