Old 05-14-2003, 06:57 AM   #1  

Question Any thoughts on Protein Power?

I just purchased Protein Power by Drs. Eades and haven't seen too much about it mentioned here and am just wondering if anyone else is using it and how they are doing? Caci
Old 05-14-2003, 07:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have the book but just gave up on all the figuring out how much protein I needed. Lots of good recipes in it. After years of dieting, including the first Atkins diet, I've decided that all LC plans are about the same! Call me a cynic!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:53 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Cacikat

I did protein power about 2 yrs ago, and lost 100+lbs on it. The only reason I didnt go back on it was because I didnt have the book anymore, and atkins was in at the library But they are pretty close and I would recommend both.

Good Luck to you!
Robin
Old 05-14-2003, 09:50 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I agree I actually do PP (PPLP is a bit more lax on the fruit) but atkins and PP are about the same (but do not tell that to the die hard PP people, many have not read the new atkins bood and think like all other folks that no fruit or vegies and no carbs are the norm for atkins)

The min protein is based on the lean body mass and well if you eat a mon of 60 grams and try for about 100 - 120 then you are doing great.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:05 AM   #5  

Thanks to all of you for your information on PP. It was very helpful. Robin: How wonderful to lose 100 lbs on PP. You should be very proud of yourself. I am going to attempt to figure out what I am suppose to weigh and how much protein I am allowed. I started on this last night but then discovered I was using my waist measurement when I was suppose to be using my abdomen measurement and since it was late I decided to wait until I had more time today. Hopefully my brain will be working a little better this morning. Thanks again for all your help. Caci
Old 05-16-2003, 12:31 PM   #6  

I agree, PP, Atkins and CALS are all great LC programs. I started out on Atkins, switched to CALS and then started incorporating recipes from PP into my WOE. I'm losin, I'm happy.
I do need to start adding more fruit into my diet-I've been great with vegetables-no problems there.
This a.m. I had my favorite breakfast, an omelette with about a TBSP each of chopped onion and green pepper cooked into it, then stuffed with LF Cheddar and topped with spicy LC Salsa over a bed of shredded lettuce. The hardest part of my day, now that I eat breakfast, is working up an appetite for lunch-I'm usually not hungry...but if I wait until dinner, I'm famished and might overeat. Anyone have any other good breakfast ideas, besides omelettes (I think I've tried every combination)? Have a great weekend.