Old 03-03-2003, 02:00 AM   #1  
Enjoying a new beginning

Question Has anyone tried the Nicholas Perricone program??

Hi Ladies...Have any of you tried the program by Nicolas Perricone?? My sister is having very good results with it. I've not read his books yet. Apparently it is more low-glycemic than some of the low carb programs. I am really missing fruit and haven't quite found a daily system that I am happy with. It may be time to modify my program ( which is currently as close to induction as I can manage) I really appreciate your input ...Lori
Old 03-03-2003, 09:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll move this post so you get a wider viewing audience! I've never heard of it but am all for low glycemic choices. it's the only thing on which my dietician and I agree!
Old 03-03-2003, 11:52 PM   #3  
Slimwithin

I think I saw part of his show on PBS late last night but I couldn't stay awake. I do know he promotes cutting out coffee and switching to green or black tea for longer life, fewer wrinkles and better weight loss. That's as far as I got in the show.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:49 PM   #4  
Enjoying a new beginning

I think it would be almost impossible for me to give up coffee. I know we've posted on the coffee topic before... I think I'll order his book since my sister is raving about it. I'll try the program and let everyone here know how it goes...
Old 03-04-2003, 05:07 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

I'm attempting to drink just green tea and water today. I think I may have brewed my last cup a bit too long as it tastes quite bitter. We'll see if it helps me lose weight.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:08 AM   #6  
Big Loser

Some ninny told me green tea will burn as much fat as exercising - so I say we all go drink some tea and pretend we are runninga few miles!
Old 03-28-2003, 11:54 AM   #7  

I love green tea. I get Celestial Seasonings Antioxidant Green Tea, because it has a tiny bit of orange and lemon flavor, and loads of vitamin C, plus E and betacarotene. Very good for you, and no carbs.

I'm not a caff-fiend anymore - I tapered off from diet Mtn Dew by drinking black coffee - but I like a little sometimes (bad me! bad!), so I buy the caffeinated kind. Green tea only has a third as much caffeine as coffee. *blush*
Old 03-29-2003, 01:59 PM   #8  

I saw part of his program on PBS too. He said it's not the caffiene in coffee that causes weight gain, it's the acids (I think that's what he said, maybe it was the oils). I do know he said if you quit drinking coffee and switch to green tea for 6 weeks, even if you do nothing else differently, you'll lose 10 lbs. DH and I tried to do this and lasted one day. I'll have to try again later. I like Liptons green tea, it has orange, passionfruit and jasmine in there too, really tastes good.
He said that a good breakfast is to stop eating cereal altogether and to eat some yogurt and fruit.
I didn't catch the whole program either, I thought it was really interesting and thought provoking. Please post what you think of his book, I think I'll order it too.