Default Sunday,March 9/03 Daily chat

Nothing opens the heart
like a true friend, to whom
you may impart griefs,
joys, fears, hopes and
whatever lies upon
the heart.

Francis Bacon

Good mooorning ladies. Coffee is hot, it is 5:30, temp is around 0, and I am ready to go to work.
I went to the walk in clinic and got some meds for this misserable cold. Hope to soon start feeling better.

I have to say at this point I cannot say anything bad about my DH. I know people do not believe this but he is a nice person. He cooks,cleans, etc., as when I went out to work I made it clear my 40 hrs. per week were the same as his. Ken has been as good a mother to our sons as I was. and he is a great grandfather. We will be married 30[I was 17 when I married this man] years on the 7th. of April. So I can't say what I would do to a SH???

Well I am doing a different job for this weekend at work, and I love it. What a differance.

I am goin to serve up a huge friendship pie today so take your slice and a side order of thank yous. Love to you all, stay OP.[I say this after eating a lg. cinnimon bun]
Tazcat
Old 03-09-2003, 06:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cheery Taz, and all to come. You sound and act like a very cheerful person and start my day with a smile.

We got another big dump of snow last night. This is getting ridiculous! The dogs are going to have to get paper routes to pay for the ploughing we've had done. When (and if) this melts, there is going to be a heck of a flood.

I finished the kitchen border yesterday and also did 3 hours stripping in the bathroom. Removing the paper sure shows up faults in the wall. I might have to paper instead of paint.

Church this morning, some relaxation and then Show Handling unless it is cancelled again. Today was to be the last day but there are two more make-up classes.

Have a super Sunday, Chickies!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:57 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ruth and Taz
.....and all to come

We're up early arent we?

Got some last minute running around done last night. Im heading off for a mini holiday with my daughter tomorrow. Without hubby this will be the first time we will have been apart more than a week!!! I hope I can manage, Im going to miss him. One the brighter side, dd and I will be swimming, shopping, and hitting the movie theatre, and probably eating too much!! lol Im sooooooooo looking forward to it.

Have a great Sunday, and a wonderful week, I'll see you all next weekend.

Robin

p.s. Im going to miss my wednesday weigh in, so I did it today...203 down from 207[I think, Id have to check the challenge thread, but I dont have time ]

Last edited by RobinH; 03-09-2003 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:40 AM   #4  

Good morning!
It's a beautiful Sunday! Thanks for the pie, Taz! Hello, Ruth and Robin!
Visiting with my parents and grandparents yesterday was wonderful. It's so hard only seeing them once or twice a year, but with hubby in the Air Force, we don't have much choice. Only 5 more years, and we'll be able to move back home again. Unless, of course, Tom decides to stay in a year or two extra, but I really hope not. All of our relatives live within a couple of hours of each other, and most of them are centered around our hometown, so there are huge family gatherings for every occasion. I feel bad that my sons haven't been able to grow up with their cousins, like my husband and I did.
Well, need to get the family organized and out the door. Mom and Dad are at the Holiday Inn, (no room at OUR inn ) so we'll go meet them and figure out what to do today.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Annette
Old 03-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone!

I feel great, dh let me sleep in from all my hard work stripping wallpaper from our bedroom yesterday. Dh plastered the holes (and my aren't there a lot!) and now he is just about ready to sand. Miree got in on the act too by helping us put the strips of wallppaer in the garbage bag and she will help me to wash the walls once dh is done. we also installed a new light fixture in there and took down the old ceiling fan that had seen better days about20 years ago. Just makes me feel like we're doing something! I am getting set to paint this afternoon when dh is out of the house. So now you know what I am doing! LOL

nettie, it's really nice to have your family around, let's you feel like you're not totally alone!

Robin, enjoy your mom and daughter time!

Ruth, I promise it will all be worth the effort once you get the plastering and such done. Pain in the you know what while you're going through it though.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:07 PM   #6  

Busy day for all of us. I spent the morning on the phone with my mom, after raking up more leaves out of the yard. Yesterday I removed the old mulch from my flower bed, and lo and behold I really do have perinnals that survived the winter. I even got in a workout yesterday. Today I'm giving myself a day off the workout and going to a movie with DH. SHould probably do some housework before he becomes a SH, but we'll see....
Old 03-09-2003, 12:49 PM   #7  
Big Loser

Happy Sunday - another gorgeous day in Tennessee - I am so sorry you northern chicks are having bad weather....but we have certainly had our share this year too!!!

Getting ready to take DD to the doctor - she is not getting any better- her eyes are so red she looks like a demon!

got some yard work done yesterday and general cleanup outside - it is so nice to be outside for a change. Well off to the doctor-I am headed out of town on biz this week and can't leave DH with a sick kid he would flip!!!!!

Have a great day!
Old 03-09-2003, 01:22 PM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

Good afternoon all!! This Sunday morning went by so fast. Sunday paper, nice breakfast, and than hubby and I did a bunch of yard work.

Ruthie, I am so sorry about "more" snow. Spring will be here before you know it.

Taz, I have a pretty special hubby too. We will celebrate 23 years in July. I have a very dear friend going through some pretty terrible stuff with her husband right now and it really makes me thank my lucky stars that I met my hubby all those years ago.

Add me to the sick kid list, my daughter has a terrible head cold......she is upstairs as I type soaking her cares away in the jacuzzi. She's first chair flute in her band class and they have a concert Tuesday night, hope her nose clears or she will have a hard time playing.

nettie, my BIL is in the AF, he is stationed at MacDill in Tampa. He is very close to retirement. He did a remote to So Korea a couple of years ago so he could retire from MacDill. He and my sister have put down roots in that area. My Mom and Dad even retired 5 miles from my sis.

Robin enjoy your time away.

Ruth and Pooky don't work to hard.

to everyone else

Debbie
Old 03-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

I've had a very busy day and it may have all been for nothing. Tomorrow is my club's Spring Workshop and it will take place in Chilliwack, a small city about 35 minute drive east of us. Well, they got a dumping of snow yesterday while we just got a wee bit. Now the ladies out that way are phoning and asking if we are going to cancel the workshop. I have a feeling it will be mostly all melted and it will be raining by tomorrow morning and if not, well nobody is being forced to go. I did think of cancelling it but I figure people should have enough common sense to stay home if they don't feel driving is safe. Besides, there are a lot of people who commute on the freeway between Chilliwack and Vancouver so they have to keep the main roads clear and salted. Anyhow, I started my day by making a Citrus Couscous salad for our pot luck lunch. It's a recipe I got out of Cooking Light magazine and I followed it exactly. I've never much cared for couscous but this turned out lovely. Then I baked a couple of loaves for our bake auction and all afternoon I've been painting berries on box lids and planning how I'm going to conduct a demonstration on how to go about doing them. Of course, they're just not turning out right for me which is a royal pain.
Ruth, I loved your joke and have copied it to read to the ladies tomorrow. It gave me a good chuckle.
I'm going to pick up my sis and take her to the workshop with me in the hope that she'll like it enough to want to join the Chilliwack branch. At least she'll get a free lunch out of it.
Not doing very well on any diet this weekend and tomorrow won't be any better but I will definitely get back on track on Tuesday.
I so admire you gals who are doing your own wallpapering and painting. I'd be totally crippled up with bursitis if I tried that. I hope we get to see pix of the finished jobs.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 PM   #10  

Well Ladies it's kind of quite in the coop today!

Things are going along fairly well for SHDH and I today, I am not ready to give up the SH part of the phrase yet, but maybe steady waters are ahead we will see.

SATURATED FATS;MONO&POLY SATURATED FATS, SUGARS, CARBS,FLOUR--I have eaten it all this weekend and more and the thing is--I was AWARE of EVERY single thing I put into my mouth--and did not stop! We have this neat little restaraunt that is called "Tom's Ice Cream Bowl" It has been here since 1948,and NOTHING in it has changed--I mean interior&exterior-they use the same dishes-same tables-same owners-it is a small family restaruant and they seve homemade ice cream-so -I had a steak sandwich and a hot fudge sundae-- I am starting back on induction tomorrow.................

Linda--you sound like one busy chick--sheesh..slow down girl, and enjoy the workshop--will that be possible??

Dyan--I am gonna have Miss Psychic lady at my house for the next party...wanna come to OHIO?? It'll be a hoot!! !!
I'll let you know when!

To all of you who have wonderful husbands--Do not be ashamed--even when I am ranting about my own, I love to hear about all your wonderful hubbies..it gives me hope!! I was married once before--I'm not sure it counted, I was young and it lasted less than a year, you would have thought the second time around I would have found my soul mate--although THAT did not happen-I feel like this will work, and "this too shall pass" I usually do not talk about my home troubles to anyone--but I was getting to the breaking point--thanks to all of you for understanding and helping me!!

Loveyaall!!
mis