Old 03-03-2003, 04:07 PM   #1  

Default The Wendy plan

Does anyone else know about this? I heard about it through Weight Watchers, although I'm not real clear on the details. It's named after a woman who did weight watchers and found that if she 'binged' or had a free day once a week, that it raised her metabolism and she lost more weight. Any answers?
Old 03-03-2003, 04:50 PM   #2  
CatGal

Default As an old Weight Watcher...

I can tell you what I remember...

Let's say that you were allowed up to 27 points per day... That would be 189 per week. So you would eat really low on like 2 days and medium 2 days and at range 2 days and then have one HUGE point day.

I guess this could work one of two ways with LC... You could do it with Carb count... 140 per week, or with calories... That would vary by individual, I guess...

Sorry to not be much more help.
GinaMarie
Old 03-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #3  

Thanks Gina Marie. My question is, does it work??
Old 03-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #4  
CatGal

I never tried it, but it does make a certain amount of sense as far as calories are concerned. If you keep your body guessing, there is not time to slow down the works...
Old 03-03-2003, 09:23 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I saw this plan in Woman's World Weekly magazine about 3 weeks ago- it was the February 11 issue) if you can get a back issue from someone you know it had all the details.

Her plan went something like this: working with 22 to 29 points

Day 1: less - 22 ww points
Day 2: more - 28 ww points
Day 3: less - 23 ww points
Day 4: most - 36-39 ww points
Day 5: less -22 ww points
Day 6: more -29 ww points
Day 7: bit less -27 ww points

If you get the magazine they have menus for each day with different foods to choose from and the points and calories for each.

Hope this helps
Old 03-03-2003, 11:47 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

I actually did try it for a while last year and Mauvais has it right. I got all the info from the WW website and a lot of the WWers were trying it. Some had more success than others. I'm so glad you reminded me of it because today I had at least a 40 point day. I will try to stay low tomorrow in the hopes I can make up for my bad day today. I can't say I was very successful at it though.