Old 01-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #1  

Default Liver detoxing???????

Has anyone tried anything like this??? Wondering what one would take in the way of supplement's ect Thinking with everything i've tried with lowcarbing and being in such a rut for so long that "maybe" this might shake things up a little? The weight just does not want to budge I've feel like i have tried tweeking everything every which way with no result's in months.
Good or bad i would really like your input on this Also the other day when i called atkins, i asked the woman (btw very nice lady i talked to) what was the scale of % for fat protein & carbs ,she told me it was 60% fat 30% pro & 10 carb's.( Thought thats what i had read in the book.) The problem i have is getting my carb intake at the 10% without going over my 20 carb intake, I have a problem getting in 20 carb's, I have only been getting anywhere from 10 to 14 per day. So the last few day's i have been getting in at least 18 per day, Yesterday i managed to get in 20, But it threw me out of ketsis last night I was up set and thought to myself that today i would carb out, Good news is i didn't do it I've upped the protein like i was told to do for a couple week's i still stayed the same no loss there in weight or inches Anyway's Please tell me what you think i might try next to get things going and what you think on the detoxing.

Thanks for ALL your help,

Chuckie
Old 01-26-2003, 03:34 PM   #2  
CatGal

Question 10% Carbs!

WOW! I don't know what I would eat to get carbs to be 10% of my diet without going over 20g! My carbs are rarely over 3%!

Sorry I don't know anything abour Liver Detoxing, but I thought those numbers were interesting!
G
Old 01-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #3  

I thought the same thing, I struggle to get mine from 3 to 5% everyday.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmmmm. Are you sure this Atkins lady said 10%? Also, are you both using FitDay for calculations of the %? Are you counting all the carbs in veggies?

You might also take a look at Frequently ASked Questions and check out Nasus's post re stalls in the first few weeks.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:00 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

On the Fat Flush Plan, to detoxify your liver, you have to drink at least 8 oz a day of non-sweetened cranberry juice, diluted in about48 oz of water, plus extra water per day. You have to eliminate salt, aspirin, and only eat grass fed meats that have not been fed any kinds of hormones. You have to wash all your fruit and vegetables AND meat in a Clorox bath. You are only allowed a select few herbs and spices and you should be taking a whole raft of herbal supplements.
I think a person can do themselves a lot of good by doing a modified version of the above such as drinking lots of water, cutting out a lot of salt and not eating (as much as possible) any refined products such as white sugar and flour or things cooked in hydrogenated fats.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #6  

Yep, 60,30,10 is what she said, I asked her again & wrote it down. Yep I use fitday everyday Cound'nt live without it.

I don't use any sugar or any flour ever, I don't even use splenda to speak of, have had the same box for almost a year in my cupboard.
I don't think i could stick with the Fat Fast for very long, And i never salt anything i eat never have I eat fresh meat from the meat market & always have fresh veggie with my meals.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:45 AM   #7  

Default Love your liver

OK, I am a regular wine drinker so I have always been concerned about my liver and do the following things, with my drs. approval:

The liver is the filter of your body. All chemicals from smoke, pollution etc., medications are filtered through your liver. Alchohol and food additives also take a toll on the liver. It is very important to take care of you liver if you drink at all, or live in a city, or eat a lot of refined foods.

1. Aerobic exercise stimulates and cleanses the liver. Ideally you should do some every day.

2. Take Milk Thistle herb once per day. Milk thistle is believed to cleanse and protect the liver. It is completely safe and is used in Germany as a medical treatment for some kinds of liver diseases.

3. Drink hot water with lemon juice in the morning.

4. Drink lots and lots of water.

5. Minimize use of acetominophin and other over the counter medications.

6. For people doing Atkins, note that your body goes into a very acidic state when eating lots of protein and fat. This is why kidney stones form. Eating vegetables, and drinking hot water with lemon helps to alkalize your body and balance it out. Personally I drink barley grass juice every morning to do this and it also helps with the fiber intake too.

Hope this helps you...
Old 01-27-2003, 10:09 AM   #8  

I never knew that about Milk Thistle I'll give it a try. What i wonder is why the Dr's at the U of M never had my Mother on it While she was on the transplant list? Wonder if it's something she should take now with her new liver? I'll have to ask them.
I'm going to get some today and give it a try along with the hot water & lemon juice, is it a cup of hot water to how much lemon juice? I want all my organs to be a healthy as possible anyways for the fact that I am also an organ donor

Thanks again everyone for all your help.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:17 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

cider vinegar is also good too!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:19 AM   #10  

Default Sue

I never thought about this before cider vinegar? When i first started Atkins i was useing cider vinegar & oil in my salads and lost weight Then i started useing ranch dressing most of the time. There has to be something there I'm going to switch back to it for a while and see what happen's.

I also bought the milk thisel last night and started taking it along with the hot lemon water it's not bad
Old 01-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

the cider vinegar has some thing to do with the acidity of your body. It is suposed to help burn the fat some how. I had my PT tell me that but i could not bring my self to drink any but i know the sell it in tablet form!