Old 01-15-2003, 12:53 PM   #1  
CatGal

Red face Induction Results

OK, so I promised that I would post my induction results, so here they are... I must say that I am a bit underwhelmed...

I eat between 2000 and 2500 calories per day
I eat between 18 and 20 carbs per day

I lost just 5 pounds on the two week induction phase. I expected to lose more because to get to a "healthy" goal weight I need to lose about 176 pounds! I am shooting for a much more realistic goal , but I am just going by what "they" say...

I will take measurements tonight or tomorrow and post those results here as well. I hope they are better than the scale results.

I feel pretty good, and as I mentioned on a separate thread, my ketosis sticks are in the moderate range, and according to the Atkins book that I have, as long as they turn, I am losing fat.

I am considering getting some of the Atkins Accell (At least that is what I think he calls it). It is supposed to help speed up weight loss... Does anyone have any experiance with this?

I also have TOM now, so I am hoping maybe next week will be super for me and I will get very motiviated.

DH and I will also start excercise this week, that should help...

OK, so back to work for me... Just popped in to let everyone know how it went.

You have all been a great source of support and knowledge for me and I can't say thank you enough!
GinaMarie
311/306/280 (first goal)/185 (goal)

Oh and BTW - DH lost 10 pounds to my 5... Hate him!
Old 01-15-2003, 01:10 PM   #2  

You're doing great! I've tried the Adkins Advantage and it did seem to help with some of the cravings, I'm trying Adkins Basic #3 now, but I haven't been using them long enough to really notice a change (except that my urine is florecent yellow).
Old 01-15-2003, 01:44 PM   #3  
CatGal

I am taking the Atkins Nutritional Pack. It is a little plastic baggie with 7 pills in it. Very convienient! And portable if I ever need to go anywhere!

Thanks for the encouragement!
G
Old 01-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #4  

GinaMarie-
I am alnost done with the 2 week induction also, and I do not notice a diiference, if you read earlier post you will see that my scale is way off soooo...but my pants are NOT any looser or anything, I was also hoping for better results

mis
Old 01-15-2003, 02:10 PM   #5  
CatGal

Mis - Do you not notice a difference in the way you feel? Because I do FEEL better. The weight is a separate issue. I suggest that you take measurements, if you haven't already. I have heard that some people do not lose much weight on induction because you are taking in so much more protein that your muscles absorb it. So you may lose inches and not so many pounds...

I am hoping that this is the case with me! Hang in there... Feel free to PM me for support!
G
Old 01-16-2003, 10:33 AM   #6  
CatGal

Default Measuring Results

Nothing! Nada! No change in measurements. Oh well...
Gina