Old 01-01-2003, 02:08 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Low Carb Freestyle Jan 1+

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!!!

I hope you all had a great night! DH and I stayed in alone, ordered Indian food takeout and watched movies together-it was great since we haven't really been alone for the last two weeks.

I plan on just hanging around the house all day tomorrow and not lifting a finger

Today is day one of getting back on the low carb wagon for both me and DH
Old 01-01-2003, 04:37 AM   #2  
Ready!!!

Good "Happy New year to You",
Just a quick note to say I am glad it is 2003.
Why, I don't know, but I might as well be happy about it.

I am ready for work and it looks like the roads are hellish so I will leave somewhat early.

It is back on program full force for me today. I have been messing around and my pants tell me. Haha.

Is anyone having trouble loading threads? It seems to take longer than usual. Oh well.

Love to you all, have a stay on program day, First day of the year, start by being good to yourself,
TAzcat
Old 01-01-2003, 08:12 AM   #3  

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!
Enjoyed a quiet new years eve with the family, we ordered
pizza and celebrated!!

Today I am going back on program. Personally, I am not
going to get weighed until January 11, 2003. I don't want to
bum myself out looking at any carbo gain I may have managed
to put on!!!

The next break I will allow myself is my birthday on March 25,
so I have a nice smooth run between now and then.

I go back to work tomorrow, I wanted to start on Thursday to
get myself use to the "old routine" with an ultra short
week!!!

Nikkic!!
You lost weight over the holidays! Congratulations!

I am hoping to join you in the winners circle again early in
2003 Off to start drinking my water and re-reading PP Plan
Book. I need a refresher after the last 10 days or so.

Anne.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:43 AM   #4  

Angry Hey guys!

A Happy New Year to you too! Hope you all enjoyed New Years Eve.

Had a quiet New Years Eve. We got a pizza and watched a movie. Then we had SS Pots de Creme for dessert. I thought it was delicious, but DH didn't care for it, he doesn't like Somersweet. I'm disappointed because I really liked it. At least he'll eat SS pancakes, which we had this morning for breakfast.

I am going to start eating OP today. I haven't gotten on the scale in awhile. I didn't go to WW yesterday because we were having on and off freezing rain. I have a few very steep hills I have to drive up, then drive down, and I didn't want to take any chances.

We have to go to Walmart later this morning, but other than that I plan to just veg out.

Take care and have a great New Years Day. Aleka
Old 01-01-2003, 10:35 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone,
January 1, 2003. We are all winners, we're all much smaller than we were last year at this time. I am looking forward to next year at this time as well. I hope we are all at our goal weight and working on something like muscle definition or something that we would have never have even dreamed of 5 years ago.
I must confess, I've gained 3 lbs. now. Part of that loss was water and part of the gain is bad eating. Still, didn't gain back the whole 6 lbs. So, a fresh start today.
I have a 5 lb standing rib roast to cook for dinner. I've never made one before. I'm cooking it in the rotisserie and will have some green beans, spinach and potatoes to go with it. I won't eat the potatoes, but will eat the other vegetables. DD is coming over.
I am so glad the holidays are over. Kind of stressful. Here is an article that I ran across while I was on another bb. It is from USA today and is titled, Psychologists now know what makes people happy. I thought it was a good article and makes a lot of solid points about what makes people happy people.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ppy-main_x.htm
Have a great day everyone, Nikki
Old 01-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #6  

Happy New Year!

I usually post on the other daily thread so I don't kow some of you but I wanted to take the time to invite you to the "Kick your bod back into shape" thread. It doesn't matter what program you follow, just that you join us on this quest to get ourselves back on program!
Old 01-01-2003, 12:43 PM   #7  
CatGal

Default Good Morning!

Well, I hope we all had good New Years! DH and I certainly did!

Today is my first day on Atkins Induction and the smell of DH cooking Bacon inthe next room is driving me mad! I can't wait until breakfast is ready!

I promised I would post my stats, so here they are:

311 / 281 fist goal / 185 goal

I know that my goal weight is probably heavier that some of you weigh now, but being over 300 now... I just can't see locking myself into a the 135 pound cage that the weight charts say I should weigh. I think losing 126 pounds will be a big improvement in my life!

Here's a question... Can you consume too little carbs on the Atkins plan? Or is it the less the better?

Thanks for everything thus far!
GinaMarie
Old 01-01-2003, 03:44 PM   #8  

Hi Pooky, I'll have to check out the thread. My bod is needing a good kick.

GinaMarie, I think it would take awhile, months to eat too few carbs. The reason I say this, is because when I started, I hardly ate any carbs for a long time. I was Somersizing and did not eat any carb meals. Then switched to Atkins and ate well below 20 carbs a day. I found that I stalled though and when I started to eat more carbs, my weight lose practically doubled. So the answer is yes and no. It is always best to follow the advice of the plan that you are on and eat what they recommend. Atkins starts out low and progressively adds more and this would be the way to go. Love that bacon too. I started at 274 lbs. I know your a little more than that now, but not by much. You will feel so much better soon. Getting sugar out of your system makes a difference.
I'm at 231 today.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:09 PM   #9  
CatGal

Default Thanks Nikkic...

So far today I have conumed 4grams of carbs and I am STARVING! I think I am going through sugar, caffiene, and aspertaime withdrawls. DH and I are getting ready for dinner though, so it's almost the end of day one... I'm gonna work on keeping carbs under 20 and calories at a max of 2000. I hope it works!
Gina
Old 01-01-2003, 05:44 PM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well back OP this week tonight we are having chicken Kiev and mixed veggies for dinner. I have had way too much bread over the Christmas holidays

Thanks Pooky-I will check out that thread!

Nikki-that was a great article! Funny how these pschycologists are telling us what should be common sense anyway

less stuff-less debt-less stress + more time with family and friends+valuing the more important things in life= happy!
Geez-who would have thought

GinaMarie-I think you have the right attitude by choosing a realistic goal for yourself and taking things at your own pace -good luck on your plan
Old 01-01-2003, 06:39 PM   #11  

Mauvaisroux,
I thought it was kind of funny that they said in the 90's there was one study on happiness for every 100 studies on sadness. They will study anything, won't they?
I need to remember this stuff more. I need to forgive easier. I have a bad habit of holding a grudge forever.

GinaMarie, we all have tried things our own way on this thread. I hope you succeed. It takes about a week for the sugar withdrawals to get over with. Then you'll feel amazingly better.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:08 PM   #12  
Doing This For My Future!

Happy New Year everyone!

I for one, think this is going to be a wonderful year. I have so many wonderful things going on..all are new starts, and things that will benefit my future. I am so happy that I have another year to live, and will live it to the fullest!
Old 01-02-2003, 07:06 AM   #13  

Smile Back on track....

We had some freezing rain overnight, now it's snowing. I guess it's to be messy until Sat.

I bit the bullet and got on the scale this morning. The damage wasn't bad at all. I did gain about 2 lb., it wasn't quite 2 lb., but close enough. That was on MY scale, what WW's scale says next week will be another matter.

I see that we have some new people posting. MandaPanda, GinaMarie, and Pooky a BIG welcome!!

Pooky, I will check out that thread. Now that the holidays are over it's time to get back to losing weight.

GinaMarie, it does take awhile for the sugar to leave your system, but once it does you will feel so much better. I am not familiar with Atkins, but if you are starving by dinner time, can you eat some meat and cheese, or hard boiled eggs for a snack to get you through the afternoon? If you can have lunch meat, take a slice of meat and put some cheese on it, then roll it up...it's really good. I know you will succeed with this WOE because you have a realistic goal in mind.

mauvaisroux, I also ate way too much bread over the holidays. Yesterday was a low carb day, and I felt soooo much better. Last night we had zucchini/summer squash noodles with a meat sauce and cheese, then for dessert we had the rest of SS pots de creme. How was the chicken Kiev?

nikki, that was a great article, thank you for sharing it. You are right, I guess they'll study anything. Geez, I'm one of the happy people...who woulda thought!!! I was watching an HSN segment on A New You. I bought the perfect portion plates they were selling. I was hemming and hawing about it, but when they said you don't have to weigh or measure anything, I thought I'd give it a try. I have to weigh and measure everything I eat, since I use WW portion sizes, and it gets old after awhile. My Gazelle should be coming today. Gaining 3 lb. isn't bad, they'll be off in no time. I usually don't hold a grudge, but depending on the situation I don't feel the same towards that person that I used to. I will be friendly towards that person when I see them, but will not go out of my way to seek them out.

MandaPanda, I love your name! That's great you have a good outlook for the coming year. A new year is a clean slate.

Take care and have a great day. Aleka
Old 01-02-2003, 08:49 AM   #14  

Good Morning All

I'm back at work today but is still on vacation until Monday
so I can sort of "ease" my way back into my routine.

I had a good day yesterday diet wise so at least I am starting my
new years off on a good foot.

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast so I am off to a great start
today as well!!

I too am hoping to hit my goal weight this year. Day by day I
am determined to make my goal my reality!!!!

My dad goes back to the doctor next week to see what the plan
of action will be to fight his lung cancer.

I can see this year will be stressful
but I also know that is part of life for all of us.

GinaMarie, my weight climbed to 309 pounds 10 years ago when
I quit smoking. I went to WW lost 100 pounds and started to
get up again in my weight. By August 2002 I was back in the
270's, my weight before Christmas was down to 230 although
I am sure I've gained a couple of pounds low carbing has really
brought my weight down. Welcome aboard.

Have a great day!
Anne.
Old 01-02-2003, 01:18 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,
Aleka, I bought way too many things the last few days from HSN. One big thing, was that inversion table. I've wanted one for so long and with the free shipping, plus a coupon that I found on the bb over there for 20% off, I couldn't pass it up this time. My back has given me fits all year and I figure I've spent over $2000 at the chiropractors trying to relieve the pain. The other day, I was in line at the grocery store, turned my head and bam, pain and unable to turn my head back. I went home and ordered it right then. It is expensive, but not like the chiropractor. I sure hope it helps. There are lots of positive testimonials about it.

Anne, I know your going through a lot and things don't look like they will get any easier. I sure hope that things start to go your way. It seems like I know so many people right now that are having such a hard time. It is the way life is sometimes, but I wish it wasn't happening to you and your family.
We are still neck and neck with our weight loss. I think I gained about 4 lbs. this week. I replaced all that fluid I lost, plus, ate way too many things that were not good for me. Last night, I ate soda crackers and milk. Of all things to blow your diet on, that's not one of the one's I'd normally pick. I really have to get a hold of myself and stop that. I want to be under 200 lbs by spring time. How tall are you? I'm 5'8 or 9 depending on the day.

MandaPanda, welcome and I hope you achieve everything you aspire to.

Well, I'm off. I must find something to eat that is OP. Later, Nikki