Old 12-16-2002, 12:01 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Do You Dress Christmassy?

I don't mean party frocks or Christmas day fancies but just the little touches every morning.

I have a couple of Christmas T-shirts, a red silky blouse, several pair of Christmas earrings, a jingle bell pendant - DH knows the season is upon us when he sees me start decking myself with the stuff.

Do you have an everyday speciality?
Old 12-16-2002, 12:13 PM   #2  

gee! funny you should ask, Ruth!

I have on a black turtle neck with little pine needles and poinsettas, a few, tiny stars!

I have two snowmen sweaters and another snownan turtle neck!

ho ho ho

off to take the big kid back to school!

peach
Old 12-16-2002, 12:18 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

The truth is, when I was thinner I did dress up, some times nice, some times in a sweatshirt w/something Christmasy on it.

With all this added baggage I haven't even given it a thought. But the true meaning is inside and no matter how much blubber covers my body, it can't cover or alter that

Okay maybe a pair of silly earings

BUT I still dress my dog up
Old 12-16-2002, 01:16 PM   #4  

I am the queen of Christmas dressing here. I have a different top for every day of December and more. Another one of my additions, collecting holiday sweaters after Christmas when they are dirt cheep. I also have quite a collection of earings and bracelets. I just came back from working at school where I was wearing a santa hat along with a Christmas sweater and holiday santa earrings that are bells, I love shaking my head and having the ringing sound!

For my Christmas dinner Tuesday night I have adapted a red satin pajama top with a white feather boa and bangles to make my comfy holiday attire. I will also wear a pair of velvet pants.

Did I mention that I have a dozen or more pairs of holiday socks?

Love the holidays!
Old 12-16-2002, 01:33 PM   #5  

Wow Jenny! You must have a huge closet to hold all those clothes.

Right now all I have is one Christmas vest with teddy bears all over it.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:46 PM   #6  

I have just a wee touch since I am not much inot holiday dressing. I have a littel bell on my coat that I wear all the time and that just makes me smile when I hear it tinkle.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:37 PM   #7  

LOVE THOSE HOLIDAY SOCKS!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:37 PM   #8  
Ready!!!

I would love to have all the bells and whistles. I have four pins, three pr. earrings. I have one "Santa I want everything" sweater that I picked up at frenchies. I cut a Christmas vest pattern out this year, but my dang sewing mac. won't work, this makes me so, so, "Happy Christmas". But I think it all looks so wonderful! I have every intention to pick up more christmas dress after Christmas this year. love
Tazcat
Old 12-16-2002, 03:18 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

Gosh, now you've got me all inspired to rush out and buy myself a couple of festive everyday tops. It's just that I get so darned warm in sweatshirts and I haven't seen any Christmassy short sleeved t-shirts which is what I usually wear around the house.
Being the resident Grinch I rarely wear anything especially seasonal but I promise, I will make the effort. I'm off to the large ladies discount shop to see what they have.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:01 PM   #10  

You rarely wear anything? Isn't that cold up there in Canada?
Old 12-16-2002, 05:00 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ive got dozens of holiday socks!!! I love when the kids and adults alike spot them in the stores lol
Old 12-16-2002, 07:30 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

LOL Dyan, you have to read the entire sentence. I said I rarely wear anything especially seasonal....possibly not the best grammar but I think it says what I meant to say. I rarely wear clothing designed especially for the holiday season. Clear as mud? By the way, you seem to have the usual misconception that all of Canada lies under 10 feet of snow and ice at this time of year. Sorry to disappoint you but here on the Wet Coast we lie under a blanket of cloud and rain most of the winter with temps well above freezing.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:55 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I just bought me a pair of socks with bells on them they look like elve socks!! I had a bunch of turtle necks but the got stained in the wrong places and i grew too small for them I need more !!!
Old 12-16-2002, 10:29 PM   #14  
WW Moderator

I have some socks with reindeer on them, and some panties with candy canes. Now I bet that was more than you wanted to know!
hehehe...
Old 12-16-2002, 11:41 PM   #15  

Linda, I'm from FL, anything above the Georgia state line is cold to me. LOL

Being a former travel agent, I do know a little (not as much as I'd like) about Canada. Someday I'm going to visit the North West Coast. I hear it's beautiful. - Arrgh I'm racking my brain trying to think of the name of the lodge I saw on the travel channel. Darn it. Shoot! Well I'm off to do vacation wishing now..