Old 11-22-2002, 08:59 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Unhappy Im in Carb Craving ****

I just dont know whats happening.......well maybe I do. I just didnt expect it to affect me like this.

Yesterday and today, Ive been craving sugar and carbs as if my life depended on it. I managed thru yesterday ok, but today....I didnt fare so well.

You know when your an addict you can justify anything!! I tried, and I tried, and I thought I had justified the sweets I wanted and the ravioli I wanted, and thought hubby would say "ok, but tomorrow you get right back to it" ......He didnt. He is a pro at this addict stuff, and has been sober for 13 yrs. Like he said, there is no justifying anything when its an addiction.

There has been a series of things that has happened the last week or so....as well as my having troubles with my bc pill. So, after trying to justify, I then started reasoning, and was able to figure out what was happening to me, and why I was craving sugar the way I was. Since I started Atkins, I havent had ANY cravings, just missing certain types of food. Missing is easy to deal with.....cravings arent. I was getting antsy, and breaking out in sweats at work. The cravings have had alot to do with why Ive been so cranky.

So, here is whats going to happen...the bc pill, as of tomorrow morn, its gone!! out of here!! history!! I'll deal with the hair on my chin in another way! (thats why I was taking it, for pcos)

Im off the coffee as of tomorrow morning!! coffee gives me heartburn, which in turns makes me eat tums, which has sugar.

NO MORE ATKINS BARS I believe that the sweet taste is fooling my system. Regardless as to what they tell me about splenda, I no longer believe it. These bars also give me heartburn, so I take tums, which has sugar!

See a pattern here?

So hubby and I settled on whole wheat pasta with an alfredo sauce instead of the ravioli I really wanted. He has been my rock....and when he gets his blood work back, I'll be his rock, because I think he'll be joining me on atkins

Thankyou for letting me vent, Im feeling better already

Have a nice evening ladies, I think I'll go see if the satellite signal has come back on (its snowing here-LOTS)

Night all
Robin
Old 11-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Arrow Oh wow Robin!!!!!

Been there -- done that !! And I'm sure soooo many of the chicks here have also!

First and foremost ---- protein! Yes, I have those cravings - but protein, protein, protein. There is a definate difference between "wanting" something and "craving" something. I find that when I am wanting those carb "binges" that if I start intaking lots of protein and water, it definately helps! And remember just one day at a time. Do something to help take your mind off of that ravioli while intaking that chicken breast with melted cheese on top!!!

You can do this !!! And thank the good Lord that your DH is so supportive! Has he read your LC book or become familiar with your program of choice? That may help in his offering his support!

Repeat after me ~~

Decaf coffee is good AND good for me!!! (hi Sherie)
Sweet cravings - I love SF puddings !!

Come on chickies! I don't have alot of sweet thing alternatives as I don't crave them! But I just know ya'll have got suggestions for her! Hey, How about LindaBC's LC cheesecake?????

Hang in there! And don't give in to the carb monsters!
Old 11-22-2002, 10:15 PM   #3  

OH Robin, I soo hear you!

I have PCOS too--are you on Glucophage? I'm on Actos myself since I had pretty severe GI problems with Gluc.

I KNOW I am a carb addict too--I know how you feel, when the cravings hit, it's like you're running uphill on an escalator. I have had 3 dinner rolls tonight and I realized that I didn't even really want them. I even found myself in the kitchen scouting the cupboard. Now who's addicted?

All I can say is pick yourself up and dust yourself off and remember that tomorrow is a new day. And don't look back, just keep going forward. The minute you start looking at your failures, guess where you are--back in front of the cupboard filling your face. So me and you hon, great OP breakie, lots of water and do something with our hands! LOL
Old 11-22-2002, 11:20 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

lol, hubby likes the "do something with your hands" idea...filthy bugger!

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Pookie and MamaJ. Yes hubby knows all about atkins, and helps me at times, pick out whats for supper when Im stuck for ideas. He's been great!!

Pooky, im not taking anything at all for my pcos. My doctors have not been any help at all, and any research Ive done, and put into practise is what has helped me the most. Knowing that I have to get this weight off to control it is the most important (regardless as to what someone else thinks in the pcos message board) I'll give the "no-pill" a try for about 6 months, and if the hair on my head starts falling out, and the hair on my chin starts to look like hubby's.....I'll call the doc

Otherwise, its onward.....and thankyou so much for your support ladies, it sure is a HUGE help.

BTW the whole wheat pasta gave me wicked heart burn, so Im eating more tums......its off to the drugstore in the morning for some pepcid ac!!!

Thankyou again!!
Robin
Old 11-25-2002, 08:27 AM   #5  

Default Hey Robin!

Don't despair. You have been so good you were due for a cheat. Have you tried any of the low carb substitutes (bread, crackers, pasta) out there (I haven't so I can't recommend any).

How are you feeling this am? I'm going to start the weekly food postings. I find those help me be motivated.

PS-I'm having a planned cheat on Tuesday night - a friend is coming over to dinner and I'm going to make pizza

Keep up the good work -- you'll get through this.