Old 03-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #1  

Default Well I did it;

Well I did it, I went thru my cabinets and got rid of all my high carb flour and mixes and cookies and crackers that I knew my boys weren't interested in. It's amazing what I had lurking in my cabinets waiting to sabotage my efforts. It kind of made this LC hit home and I knew I was in it for the duration of whatever. I did keep the items I knew my DH and DGS's enjoy. They don't appeal to me anyway. I looked at some of the labels, and I saw one boxed mix that was 41 carbs a serving. I never bothered to look at it before. Just needed to share with someone who understands the significance of the act of emptying ones cabinets. Later, Judy
Old 03-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, thanks for sharing! It must feel good!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:36 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good for you Judy!!

I still find it strange when I go to the cupboard when I have the munchies, and there isnt anything there!! Regular pasta is about the only thing left and some flour so I can make hubby's breakfast bread.

Robin
Old 03-02-2003, 12:01 AM   #4  

It felt good to make the decision to do that, but also it gave me an odd feeling. Even though I've been back at this since before Thanksgiving It's like I know I'm not going back to my former eating habits ever. It's like I've officially started another chapter in the book of life, hopefully a thinner healthier chapter. I kept flour for hubbys pancakes, and pasta because he loves spaghetti and the boy's favorite snack foods but that is about it. All in all tho I'm glad I did it. Later, Judy
Old 03-02-2003, 01:15 PM   #5  
CatGal

Default It amazes me...

How many carbs I was eating before this WOE. Noone ever tells you to look at carb counts. There are those things out there where just one small serving it like 2 days worth of carbs! Now the snack food of choice at my house is nuts... :LOL:
G
Old 03-03-2003, 10:48 AM   #6  

You are right about one thing, you can sure eat alot of carbs if you're not careful. I looked thru one of my LC cookbooks that I just got, and even there you can consume 18 carbs for one serving if you are not careful. I guess I'm always going to be checking the carb count on everything I eat from here on out. Judy