Old 10-21-2002, 07:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Monday October 21

Good morning, chickies. This will be quick because Gail arrives at 8 and I still have some stuff to do. I had great intentions late yesterday afternoon but some friends dropped in and stayed for dinner. Luckily DH made a huge Osso Buco so I just cooked rice and threw toghether a salad. I love entertaining without planning!

Looked at my agenda for this week and loved being able to cross off the left wrist operation on Wednesday! Changing the date was a good decision. The right wrist still hurts a bit but IS healing. I do have a periodontist appointment tomorrow morning in Kingston but will be shopping and meeting my sister for lunch so that will be a fun day.

Lordy! Look at the time. Back later.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:12 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Nothing much new to say, the weekend was nice, but aren't they all as long as I'm not at work

Ruthie I don't know how you could jump into another OP this fast....your brave. I know I need my right wrist done realllllly bad but it will be a while before I get it checked out. I just can't imagine changing diapers with one hand

I made some Yams yesterday....nobody ever told me those things were gasy - poor Grace woke up with a stomach ache.

Have a great day everyone !

Love, Leenie

Last edited by Leens; 10-21-2002 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:34 AM   #3  
Hang In There

Where is everyone? Making the coffee? Don't have much to say just wanted to stop in and say "Good Morinig" got to ge on the bike. I'll try to check in later in the day. Maybe by then I'll have something to say.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:44 AM   #4  

Unhappy I'm in a funk today

Piles of snow on the ground this morning...feeling guilty for fighting with my kids....they don't want to go to sleep at night and they do't want to get up in the morning....homework, room cleaning.....the same issues that parents have dealt with for 100's of years....just feeling discouraged...this too shall pass.

Happy monday everyone!

Elizabeth
Old 10-21-2002, 11:30 AM   #5  

Grrrrr.....VENT ALERT!!! Went and got my oil changed at the quick lube place in Walmart and they didn't tightne the filter and overfilled my car with oil! Had smoke coming out the back end all up the highway and when I finally got home had a neighbour check it out and I had to rush it back into another lube place here in town to discover half the oil was gone and the filter almost falling off!! Can you say steamed!!??!! At least there is no major damage done and it's now fixed properly. Got on the phone with the manager at Walmart and flipped out. He's backpeddlaing big time and expects to make reparations to me when I next visit.

Other than that, my ultrasound went great, I did indeed ovulate and the little egg is now a swimming. Hope the spermies catch up with it!

Hope you all have a great day! (and don't even ask me if I'm OP, we aren't going there)
Old 10-21-2002, 05:47 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Well, I decided to face the music today and got on the scale. Surprised that I've only gained 3 pounds since falling off the OP wagon. That will quickly increase to 5 and then 10 if I don't smarten up. What the heck is going on? Is it a full moon or something?
Pooky, tell that little egg of yours to slow down and get caught. No more playing hard to get.
Ruth, I'm sure we'll have lots of aches and pains in common when we meet in November, but I'm also sure we'll have a lot of laughs too. I'm so grateful I was blessed with a sense of humour. Life could really be the pits without it.
I'm still under the weather with a head cold. Funny thing about over the counter cold meds. They help you breathe but you still feel like last week's dog food. Today it's been fever and chills all day and all I want to do is sleep. Peter's cold settled in his chest so he keeps me awake half the night with his hacking. I finally drugged him up with Niquil so I could get some sleep.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:16 PM   #7  
Living Juicy

Angry I'm here toooooo

I am back from my little vacation in Vancouver, Canada. It was sooo much fun. My hubby and I needed just to get away. We did a LOT of walking and my food was okay, Saturday night I splurged and had gelato (like ice cream...yum) and a helping of fried potatos...eeeek. Then last night I went a little too crazy with cheese and Wasa crackers so I am trying to do really good today and am planning on dragging my tired body to jazzercise class. ugh.

I have been so proud of myself for eating my veggies and salads lately. I am not a very good veggie eater and have done pretty good. I still need to do better, but slowly but surely.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:27 PM   #8  

Question Just wondering can you see me?

Just wondering?

Elizabeth
Old 10-21-2002, 07:57 PM   #9  
Senior Chicky

Angry Evening !

Yes Liz, I can see you. Having puter problems?

Please excuse my quick in and out. Today is DSS's b-day. Somehow I've got a house full of company! What was I thinking on the night before surgery? Oh well, I just hate the thought of the house being trashed (or up till midnight recleaning it) .

Things here have just been very hectic. I've had a chance to lurk a bit but very little.

Love to all and I'll check back in as soon as I can.

Janice
Old 10-21-2002, 08:22 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

hi girls trying very hard to stay Op for one day at a time. HHHMMMM can some one come over ahd hide all the cookies?? please???

pooky i am still cheering my legs are tired and my pompoms have all lost its fluff tell the egg to stop running and just wait till those guys catch up i am tired!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 10:02 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

Default having ISSUES liz???

yep!!! you're coming through loud and clear, darlin..

and everyone is busy. i miss seeing you all. and sherrie, i'm resisting sending down a whole bunch of lipsticks for the princess.. it's not easy!!!!! and she looked sooooo cute with that lipstick on!!!!

people are starting to not recognize me. i'm ignoring them. fortunately, peachie still knows it's me, and i saw an old [30+ years!!!] friend yesterday. and actually thanked him for recognizing me through all my size changes. he was confused. he doesn't QUITE get it, which is ok with me, as long as he still recognizes me.

mom said something last night that SHOCKED me... she said that she wanted to do some volunteer work because it was better than sitting around the house, staring out the window and feeling sorry for myself!!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!! what progress!!!!

PT starts tomorrow [and i sure hope that this healthy stuff rubs off on the rest of you. not that i mean that you should all exercise or anything sweaty like that: just that you can all find your way to healing and comfort. however that works for you]

work is... well, let's not discuss it.

and i've now thrown up for 11 days. once a day. whether i needed it or not. almost a record. and it's still the stress. hope it stops soon!!! or i'll waste away to nothing [yeah, right].

pooky.. still holding preggy thoughts for you... just let me know when i can start baby booties!!!!

love to all... eat your protein.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:27 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Linda, Boy do I relate to you!!! Maybe together we can hold these 2 or three pound down and start loosing again. I know I need it.

Pooky: thinking good thought for your little eggie:

Janice, I'm thinking about your day tomorrow.

Dad's STILL in the hospital and it's getting old. Of course If it's getting me down this much just think what it's doing to my Mom and Dad!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 11:19 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

Hi Everybody! Just my flyby....still working on the cookbook!

Bringing Protein Power with me to work to read this week on my lunch breaks. I have a feeling it won't be as intriguing as my Motley Crue biography I just read...

Had my 2 year wedding anniversary today, celebrated all weekend! It was a nice day. Ok, back to the grind. See you all tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:42 AM   #14  
Slimwithin

JUNEBUG, you were in Vancouver? I live just outside Vancouver. Too bad we couldn't have met up but I've been sick all weekend anyhow. Next time let me know when you're coming my way.
JENNIFER, happy anniversary. Wow, two whole years! And still starry-eyed. LOL Congratulations.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:36 PM   #15  
Living Juicy

Well, shoot, I'm sorry I missed you too. We will definately plan on going again. Had a really nice time. If you ever come down to Seattle, please let me know too. I hope you are feeling better.

Jennifer, how was the Motley Crue Biography...heehee. I bet it's a Pulitzer prize winner. Those guys were something else. I think I may read it for some entertainment. I was never into Motley Crue or any of the Heavy metal bands but it is fun hearing about them and their INSANE lives... Hope you had a fun anniversary!!!

Right now I am reading Stephen King and Peter Strause's Black House, its the Sequel to the Talisman. Haven't been able to get into really good yet but I will keep plugging along, its a long book.

Today I am doing pretty good. last night had ANOTHER bout with cheese so need to NOT buy any more of that kind because I cannot stay out of it. sigh...