Old 10-22-2002, 06:39 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Daily, Tuesday October 22nd

starting us up, coffee is on, strong and leaded as usual. Back in a minute

----------------

Okay, back now, with a full cup of coffee!

Janice I'm thinking about you, hope everything goes well.

I finally did it!! I went shopping yesterday. I have been putting off and putting off buying new things. Well, when you have NOTHING to wear you must do something. This time last year I was in a 32-34, yesterday I purchased size 20 jeans and 1X tops. I tried on a pair of black jeans and a maroon top to show my new things to hubby and the smile on his face said it all. It was a true WOW moment. Don't get me wrong, this man loved me at 340 pounds, but it is so nice that he can now get his arms around me.

Jiff I hope the throwing up ends soon. I have still never done that, I always said I have a tummy of steel. Barb, does ole Alvin throw up??? Sorry ladies, I know this is not the most appealing topics.

Sherrie, Tommie needs the little girl lipsticks that come in the flavors. My daughter, when she was younger just loved them, so did her Mommy, especially the watermelon flavor.

peachie, where are you????? Deep in CRAFTS!!!!!

Jennifer hope you and hubby enjoyed your two year anniversary.

To all to come Have a great day.

Debbie

Last edited by debkay; 10-22-2002 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:48 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the coffee Deb.
I am off to the school library for an open house to answer any and all questions. Little do they know, I knw nothing! I am off to the gym after that and then probobly to costco. I do carpool today, then home then off to karate.
I am having a naming ceremony for the boy's this weekend to give them their Hebrew names. I have a name for older boy, but am still working on a name for little man.
I have 25 adults and 1 Rabbi, and 20 children ranging from 1 year to 10 years, but the biggest bummer for me is my mohter, stepfather, father and father's lovely bride will all be in my house at the same time. You would think after 25 years life would be better........ghave a goodone ladies and I will be thinking of you Mama J and wishing it was me!
-L
Old 10-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Lovelies. I never did get back here yesterday and today is another rush rush morning.

I have to leave at 8 for Kingston and the Periodontist and need to do 4 months worth of flossing first! I will do some shopping afterwards - I really want jeans and a jean shirt! Then the Superstore and meet my sister for lunch. I hope it all works out because I have to be back here before 2:30 to hit the Bank and to the Library before 3:30 to return books. Sometimes I seriously consider moving back to the city!

Will check in later today.

Hugs to Janice this morning!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just got a reprieve! Poor Perio-baby is sick so I'm rescheduled for November! This means no hour's drive trailing behind school buses. I am going into town later to shop and meet my sister for lunch, however. I've been planning this "day off" since before the wrist operation! It looks like I might get everything worked in after all.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:07 AM   #4  

Good Morning everyone!

Thanks for the good thoughts--just 2 more weeks to know if it's a keeper!

Deb, that's an AWESOME feeling! Congrats! Nothing like buying new clothes to go with your new body. Hope you and dh had, um, er, a GREAT time last night!

L, that sounds so neat! If I can ask, what name did you pick?

Ruth, enjoy the day off!

Jiff, maybe your mom's right? I volunteer for my dd's daycare board and I love it. We meet twice a month and that's it. In essence, low commitment and lots of impact. Tons of worthwhile causes out there, just choose the one that's right for you!

Jennifer, Happy 2nd anniversary!

Speaking of commitment, I have an exec meeting tomorrow and then Thursday night the big board meeting here in my dining room. Been going crazy with the beautification process. Some nice artificial plants in my dining room and I wrapped fake ivy all around my chandelier--really looks attractive. Went out and bought a new bathroom set, shower curtains, lace panels and matching towels for the bathroom. At the last minute I am going to put on the slipcovers for the couch, but I need to iron them first. The kitchen now sports a new area rug and touch up paint--I can now officially say that the kitchen is finished--finishing touches included! Not touching the bedrooms--Miree's room and the study are finshed but the master bedroom and ensuite are rough around the edges. Basically, the last outpost in decorating!

Off to get ready to go to drop in. And it's snowing!!!!!!!! OMG! Guess a trip to Zellers to get Miree a snowsuit and boots is in order too.

Have a good one!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:08 AM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Morning all...... mmmmmm.... that's great coffee. Thanks Deb!

I don't know what's going on here lately, but I'm feeling BORED! Not that I'm not doing anything ('cause I seem to be always busy) but nothing seems to hold much appeal - anyone want to play hookey and play one of these days????

Deb - wowowowow!!! I don't have any other words than that one for your accomplisment! I need to do some shopping, but really hate to spend any money on clothes yet - I have closets and drawers FULL of stuff that are my goal to be able to wear (instead of a "scale" goal - although I DO have one in mind!! - I want to be able to wear my clothes again).... the only thing I'm going to have to buy are scrubs -- they are getting soooo big that I can almost wear a wintercoat UNDER the tops!

L - I'm wishing you all kinds of luck this weekend with the whole mishpocha at your house...... I must have missed something somewhere. How old are the boys? It'll be so cool for them to look back when they are grown and remember that they shared their naming day.
I've got a news flash for you tho: after 54 years, it still isn't easier/better/whatever word you want to use!!! example: at my inlaw's 60th anniv on Sunday my shfil named EVERY SINGLE person at the table (all 25 - kids, grands and great-grands) except one - guess who!!!!! So, when you see your father and his lovely bride, try to do what I do around my shfil: ignore them!

Ruth - if you figure out how to do 4mos worth of flossing in 1 hour let me know: my appointment is on Saturday!! BTW: how's Miss Hershey doing? any word yet? Glad to see that your hand is healing and that you decided to wait for the other one! Sometimes it just pays to give yourself a break.

Jif - I'm so sorry about your tummy, do you think that some of Veniero's biscotti would soothe it? I'd be willing to make the supreme sacrifice of meeting you there for some

Janice - all good thoughts and prayers and hugs are going out to you today - but I promise to make the hugs GENTLE ones, so as not to hurt you any!

Barb - hope you're not wearing yourself out between trying to get things straightened out at work and being at the hospital for your folks. When are you and Alvin going to make up that weekend? Seems like you could really use it!

Sue - great to see you back...... sorry about that virus....... hmmm, do you think that we can somehow get a puter virus to eat up all the cookies and junk food that we've got lying around?

Jennifer - happy anniversary! Hope you had a really great one. Ours is coming up in less than 2 weeks (yikes! 33 years!!!!) - hard to believe that time just flies so fast.....

Pooky..... my arms are tired from waving those pompoms, and I really don't look so good in that yellow cheerleading suit, so please tell that little egg to slow down, stand still and get caught!!!

Everyone else....... (my crs is kicking in big time!) ... have a great day!
Old 10-22-2002, 11:07 AM   #6  

Good Morning, My name is Laurie and I'm new at this, so please excuse the errors. I read about this whole idea in the women's world magazine. It sounded like a super thing to do. I have been on every diet there is!!!!! I'm 55years old, a retired school teacher( kindergarden) and now doing my favorite thing. Crafts!!! I'm a fabric artist. I do murals on walls of the childrens hospital around the area , I have my own quilt business and I'm a hospice volunteer. So rewarding. I have 2 grown children and 4 grandchildren. one of my grandsons has special needs. Has jad 34 brain operations to control the shunts in his head. Love them all to death. I'm back on my no carbs diet but just starting out AGAIN! I know that this is the one for me because when I'm on this I lose the sugar cravings that are uncontrolable. I hope that this gets posted since I don't know what the heck I'm doing. It was great reading all your postins and I hope your day is a happy one. Keep smiling. laurie
Old 10-22-2002, 11:23 AM   #7  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Welcome Pooskie!

My weight is going down, I am at 184 today! Waaaa hoooo. I try very hard to stay on plan and remind myself that I am doing this for me and me alone.

Too bad you don't live closer Laurie, I am doing a celestial mural for our son's room!! Been reworking the design till I get the right one, then I will attempt it!

Have a great day all.

Last edited by Meowna; 10-22-2002 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:14 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

WOW pooky!!! your response to my post from yesterday sent me scrambling back to see what i'd actually written!!! mom was talking about HERSELF doing some volunteer work, not me!! since dad died, she's been sitting in a chair, staring out the window and feeling sorry for herself, but there's been a big change in her over the past couple of weeks. and i'm so very glad to see it.

and debkay, oh great and glorious thin one!!!! can't WAIT to see new pics of you!!! i'm NEVER going to catch up to you!!!! and you're not missing much on the digestive front. trust me!!

lunch is doing ok now: had some shrimp and lobster salad, edamame succotash [with some corn and dried cranberries], 2 crackers, a few carrot shreds and a slice of tomato. and now, i'm munching on a tiny seckel pear and some goats milk cheese.

and so glad to see you sam n rosie's grandma... did you notice our new nyc folks? maybe when they get off of induction we can have another field trip!!!

gotta go do some work. hope to see ya'll later. if i can catch ruth, that is. oh, and peachie has been spotted. she's doing fine, but she has a whole room full of unpainted wood [at least that's what she SAID!!!!]
Old 10-22-2002, 07:56 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

Hello, all. Ruth, I had a sister lunch today too. My sis phoned this morning and asked if it would be convenient for her to stop by as her dh wanted to drive into Vancouver for a haircut. MEN! They live in Chilliwack, a good hour drive from Vancouver and he's willing to drive it to go to his old barber. I'm not complaining because it gave my sis and I a chance to play two games of Scrabble, two games of crib and had a nice yack over lunch. Luckily I have lots of ripe tomatoes from the garden and I had leftover oven fried chicken and warm homebaked buns. My cold is much better today too. In fact, if she hadn't come by, I would have gone outside to do some garden cleanup.
I'm still having a bad time fighting carb cravings and just can't resist those bags of mini chocolate bars I bought for Hallowe'en. Guess what. Soon there won't be any to hand out to the kids at the rate I'm going. This is not a good thing for my diabetes.
OH! BTW, speaking of diabetes, I saw an ad in the paper this weekend asking for volunteer guinea pigs to try out an experimental diet drug designed for overweight Type 2 Diabetics who are taking one Diabetes control medication. Sounds like me so I phoned them up. It's being done out of St. Pauls Hospital in Vancouver so I know they're on the up and up. I'm just not sure if I want to commit myself to a year of making weekly visits into Vancouver to have blood tests done, plus dietician and exercise counselling. They do pay $20 a visit to cover travel and parking though. Only thing is, there's no guarantee that I'd get the test drug or a placebo and the drug could have unpleasant side effects and/or not work anyhow. What do you all think?
Old 10-22-2002, 08:10 PM   #10  
Hang In There

Hello everyone.

Deb, yes ole Alvin has some episodes of throwing up. I think they call it dumping. It's usually after he eats carbs or sometimes meats. He says they "set heavy" in his pouch.

It's day 22 for my dad's hospital stay. Boy is it getting old. For all of us.

I've just about made up my mind to stop selling AVON. It's not fun any more, it work. And I do more than enough of that. The only thing is I need to make arrangement for my customers to be serviced by other reps. I've been doing it for 5 years now and never really made much money from it, but always said it was fun (And besides, it aggrevated ole Alvin, He's been on me to quit for years)

Hope Janice is in recovery and doing great about now. I've been thinking about her all day.

Jiff: heard anymore from J & J?

Alvin's been sick today, needless to say I worry when he's sick. His fever has only been up to 101, so I guess it not too bad. Well, I've got to go find something for supper.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! Mom's 62 today, so we've had our steak dinner that she requested. She is reveling in the attention, let me tell you!

I had a fun day at work, got shut out of my computer by the home office for some cleanup, then got a project that is due tomorrow, and of course, I need the computer to do it! You would think they would communicate with each other, huh?

Anyway, off to bath and then one more load of laundry, but I hope ya'll are having a wonderful evening!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:52 PM   #12  

DOH! Sorry Jiff! Advice still applies though, I think your mum would love it!

Linda go for it!!! If anything the dietetic advice and counselling would so be worth it.

Welcome Pooskie, enjoy our board!

Sounds like you had a nice dinner with your mom Sherrie, have a nice night!

YAWN! nightie night everyone....
Old 10-22-2002, 09:24 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

Welcome, Pooskie! Glad to have you hear.

MamaJ, hope you are recovering painlessly!

Jiff, hope you are feeling better. I can't stand to throw up. I haven't lost it in 19 years! I think it is a mind over matter thing...

Linda, if you have BAD side effects, can you quit? Or do you have to stick with it no matter what? If preliminary safety tests are done, I would go for it. You have nothing to lose but weight! I understand how dreadful the halloween candy is. I bought a ton yesterday at the store. Suzanne and I went to K-Mart together, and we HATE crowds. As soon as we walk in the door, I don't know what happened, but we grabbed buggies and practically burnt rubber shooting off different directions, looking like we were on that old supermarket sweep tv show where they run wild with the buggies tossing things in...we were trying to get back to the checkout asap and get it over with. Wellllll, she beat me by about 10 minutes. I got lost in the candy aisle...
Sigh, can't take my eyes off it!

Goodnight all, gotta get back to work!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:12 PM   #14  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Busy, busy as usual.
Welcome Pooskie, nice group and you will get the support you need.
I am exhausted. I have spent the last 4 hours making chocolate covered pretzels for the school bake sale. I had different items I was suppose to make for each kid, but screw ‘em! They have 2 choices, Take it or leave it!

Jiff I hope you are feeling better today,
Deb…WOO HOOO!!! You are doing so well! nice to get those looks!
Good for me, I love the cow.
Night ladies

see you bright and early. Tomorrow is another day.
-L

Last edited by L144S; 10-23-2002 at 07:17 AM.