Old 06-20-2002, 08:02 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default Daily: Thursday June 20

hey... where are you all???? did ruth get buried by hershey and lucy?? pooky??? scooby the exercise queen??? WAKE UP!!!!

and bella, so glad you came back to tell the chickies how well you're doing. you're rockin!!!!!

not much planned today. have work, of course. [what a nice thing to say after such a long siege!!] and bills. such a normal life. finally.

the saga of the support group continues. i wrote an 'annoyed' email to the director of the obesity center, the woman who makes everyone sign a contract to attend these ghastly meetings. it's not really her fault, but something must be done. some people, those farther out, are planning to form a breakaway group for themselves, and in some respects it's not a bad idea. they have no interest in talking with anyone they don't already know.

and i'm grateful for the ideas from debkay and barb. i sent them along as well.

mom closed her door and won't let the dog in. the poor thing has been sobbing at me since 5 am!!!! and she won't even go outdoors to do her morning essentials. she's moping in the hallway. when my cat runs by, they race through the house, and then the cat settles on the dining room table to rest. and the dog stares at her... and then it starts again.

so, have a good day, sleepyheads!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:03 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW where is everyone ?

Good Morning,

Boss is out today so I can plop in and say yodellllayheeeehoooo.

I gotta meeting at 10:00 and then one at 12:30 so I'll be talking to you later.

Have a wonderful day

Love, Leens

GEEEEEEEEEE JIFFFFFFFFF HAD TO POST IT HERE TOO LOLOL
Old 06-20-2002, 08:05 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

we're just tooooo efficient!!! or totally disorganized!!!

RUTH!!!! HELP!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:12 AM   #4  

MORNING!

Getting ready to go weigh in! YUCK AND DOUBLE YUCK! I read the book Forrest Gump and then had to EAT the box of chocolate. Then of course there was the pizza and cake fun fest!

So...I have a new goal for the summer, NOT TO GAIN WEIGHT! (pathetic!)

My kids...love them, but they make me nuts!

off to feed the neighbor cat and lizards and to shake my neighbors ups box from QVC wonder what the heck she bought...bet it is something crafty!

later gaters!

peach
for chickadee
Old 06-20-2002, 08:19 AM   #5  

I'm here, I'm here! Had to get brekkie in the wee one ya know!

Well, guess what I did? I chopped all of Miree's hair off into a cutie mini bob! She looks absolutely adorable! And more her age too. She has such a small face and now she looks every bit the imp I know she is!

As for me, I'm on my way to the drop in center this morning and burning off her energy. My energy was burnt off last night by mowing the vast wilds of the backyard. I have no small patch of grass to contend with, it's at least an hour and a half mow, if ya know what I mean. Pouring sweat last night and wow was my heart racing for all it was worth. Took a nice long cool down, beats the gym I tell you for cardio work!

Here's a fill on my fertility woes (or hopefully not too much woe!) I have found a support board for women like me, suffering PCOS and taking Clomid. Don't worry, you guys are my primary support, I love you all! I have been charting my temps and it seems I have indeed ovulated! Now let's keep our fingers crossed I got lucky this month!

You all have a great day!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:35 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm here! I'm here! Just moved the constipation thread into the FAQ section with a redirect. I am finally getting this techy stuff.
My damned email is screwed up and I've been working on that with my ISP techies. Isn't that great timing just before the Family Reunion? If you need to email me, please use my hotmail account [email protected].

I'm not online as early these days because my world wakes up earlier now. The Doggage are raring to go out by 5, we do breakfast and then I get into domestic crap before getting online. I should stay in my robe and then I won't get into other stuff after breakfast - like washing pawprints off the kitchen floor. The Dog Garden is still muddy!

Off to the Doc today for the results of my bloodwork, bone density and neurological testing. Was hoping to be closer to 200 but he will be happy with 204 after being 212.5 March 1. If he gripes, I'll level him AFTER he writes my prescription for my 4 hay fever shots! he will also be referring me to a surgeon for the carpal tunnel operation - right hand first - but I'm not in a hurry for that.

I have made a momentous decision and you guys have influenced it. Been reading about the NYC and SC meets and really want to go but this damned Treasurer of the Fair Board is interfering with my life! Basically, it ties me up June to the end of September with Fair prep, working the Fair and issuing prize cheques and preparing the annual report afterwards. Soooo - I am going to write a letter stating that I will not stand for Office again. Remember you heard it here first. The letter will be read at the next meeting and then the rumours will start! That is one thing I hate about a small town! I'll just state personal reasons but folk will decide I've a) had a fight with someone b) am breaking up with DH c) have a major illness d) am taking on another job
e) am studying for the ministry or f) all of the above. I've already told DH who thoroughly approves. Remember you heard it here first.

Gee, I guess I had to post that to make it real. The real reason is that I want my life back!

After the doc visit, I will get into my garden grubbies and planr PLANTS. It's getting too late for seeds now and Lurker Lorraine has generously given me the dregs from her greenhouse. LL's dregs are just excellent but this will be her last weekend open and her DH is a plant composter when he takes a notion. If Ashley is not "enjoying poor health" ie., has her arm back in shape, I'll have her do some digging after school today as I still have not planted my honeysuckle vine I bought before the Flood. We had 6 solid days of rain!

HAve a great Thursday and stay out of trouble!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:45 AM   #7  
It's MY Life

Morning to Everyone!!! It is about 7:30 here and DS is still sleeping so I have that morning moment of quiet. He is really exhausted from all of the football and basketball yesterday. In a small school so much is expected of so few I don't see how the kids don't get burned out on it--I know I would. He has basketball camp later this a.m. and then 2 basketball games this evening. Since it is the "big city" and not over til 8:00--supper is carryout and I don't have to cook! I'm thinking Subway--hey it worked for Jared! Got to Summer Reading Program yesterday, got the haircut and the highlights. Now at least my head looks like summer time!! I also got in my 2 Mile Exercise tape yesterday. It must be doing something because after 6 days straight of exercising I am feeling a "tadbit" sore. I even did well on eating yesterday--maybe the on the scale the other day is going to get me going??????

Pooky, Miree looked adorable in yesterday's photo, so I am sure that she is equally as wonderful with the haircut--good luck with that support group.

Peach, fingers crossed for your weighin--strip down to your slip--that always helps me!

Jif, sorry those meetings are working out like they should.

Goodforme, glad that inventory is over for you--that is always a stressful time for DH. Glad (I think) that Atila is speaking to you again also.

Bella, good job on the going down one size--that is terrific.

Okay, best go and do something or I'll lose my reputation as being productive. Have a good one ladies!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:00 AM   #8  

Morning ladies,

Not much on the homefront today. Just another day at work, Darren is home with his cousin and Don is at rollar hockey camp again. He has been there all week for a full day, and the poor dear is so tired when he gets home. But he is having loads of fun.

Baseball has occupied all my evenings, not only do I watch my two boys play, but I am going to their cousin's games. He plays seniors and it is great to watch them play. And tonight we are going to watch our local semi-pro team play. Friday Don plays, Saturday Darren plays once and Don plays twice. To borrow AdoAnnie's term, I will have one serious case of bleacher butt!

Ruthie I am so proud of your decision to give yourself more time for yourself. Go Girl!

Pookie, keeping my fingers crossed and prayers are being said for your fertility success! Yesterday's Miree pic was great!

Jiff poor pup, you should just open your mom's door and let her in!

Peachie, best of luck with the weigh in, hopefully the FG chocolates will not have any effect.

AdoAnnie, you busy girl! Sounds like you have a lot going for you, exercise and eating wise. I bet it may be do to the fact that you are so very busy. Hope ds has a chance to rest.

JenniW, welcome back, hope all is going well with the new place.

stay op!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:26 AM   #9  

Good Mooooooorrrrrrrrning!

Here I am! Whew, thought I wasn't going to make it, but did! Wooohooo!

Today I MUST get dh's dress pants ready -- there is a change of command tomorrow (a very big deal I understand) and they are in total disarray (sp?) -- but it is my goal!

I also really, really want to get working on this room -- it is a nightmare mess.

I hope all of you have a great day! I need to go make some spam & eggs.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:12 PM   #10  
It's MY Life

Ruth, Congrats on making that huge decision. I bet that DH and doggage will be equally glad about that!!! Good luck at your Dr. appt.

Jenn, Gotta LOVE that bleacher butt!!

Jenniwookie, good luck with the dress pants--I am not much good as a seamstress myself so DH would be in serious trouble.

Leens, what a cute little spinach eater!! Great picture!!!

Just popped in to check and see who all had been in--got in my 2 Mile Walk Away tape, got DS to basketball camp and just fixed DH an early lunch. Hmmmm.....maybe I will sit down and watch soaps and sort laundry. My life is so very exciting. Really not complaining, love to be able to be home!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 06-20-2002 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:36 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Talking Morning Glories!!

Ya'll are so busy! Organized? Not in my vocabulary!

Have a few minutes to post. I was on my way to pick up ds and "the boys" from drivers ed - round trip with drop offs takes about 1.5 hours! DH called as I got 5 minutes from the house to let me know he was in the neighborhood and would pick them up! Yippee! I just love my new cell phone!

Ruthie~Good for you! Gee, any chance they'd make it immediately effective and you could make the July get together?

Pooky~Miree is such a cutie! Can't wait to see her new do! Fingers crossed for you!

Leenie~Little spinach face is too adorable! She's so precious!

Tara~that reminds me-you never did post a picture of your cutie, did you?

AdoAnnie~My ds has decided not to play HS football. He plans to continue with track and baseball but wants to pursue golf and tennis. His rational is that if he excels in those the likelihood of college scholarships will be based on his individual talents! More bleacher butt in my future too!

JenniW~So nice to see you posting again! Good luck with those pants! The only seam-stress talent I posess is splitting them!

DonDar~Wow! Your ball and activities bring back memories! I must admit, altho I lived thru it...sure glad it's over...exhausting!

Peachie~What did your neighbor get? Come on, we won't tell you peeked! Good luck at weigh in.

AND ~ Where in the world are you anyway Chickadee? Anyone heard from Sooner?

Jiff~Aww, that poor puppy! Why did mom shut him out? How're you two feeling? No problems since your fender bender?

to all those to come or lurking !!

More deep cleaning in store for me today. We've had such a bad year for spiders! The office is starting to look ready for a halloween fun house!! I'll get those tackled today and hopefully the mini blinds and windows cleaned. That and the never ending laundry.

Trying reeeeeeal hard to stay OP. The water is fine. I need to find time to get back to the gym. Or should I say...MAKE the time to go?

Have a great one !

J
Old 06-20-2002, 01:20 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the kudos for Miree--I hope to get a pic of her with her new short 'do. Everyone that has seen here has either said she looks older or younger. I'm going for younger because she has sucjh a petite face but my friend Karen says older since she sees many a kindergartener with the same haircut!

Leens, is she ever cute! What a wonderful pic!!!

Janice--Spiders??? YUCK!!!!!!!! I hate spiders!

Jenny, at least your boys have something to do and it keeps them busy! I just found out today that the drop in center we go to is going to summer hours in July and they aren't open on Thursdays! Now I have to find something to do every Thursday--sigh, guess it's off to the rec center to see what their summer programs look like...maybe public swimming?

Enjoy your day of soaps Annie, I know how it is some times!

Way to go Ruthie on that executive decision--now I just made the same mistake, I have been asked to join the board of directors for Miree's daycare and the nomination meeting is tonight!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 06-20-2002, 02:46 PM   #13  

I've been having a few challenges health wise so I've just not felt like posting ! Sunday, I knew I was retaining water, but I had no idea how much. Let me back up here. As some of you know, I had polio in 1946. My left leg had very little muscle so therefore it retains the most fluid. Anyway, I accidently hit it with a pointy part of a cable while helping DH wire the VCR on Sunday. It started leaking clear fluid instead of blood! GROSS! I bandaged it and started glugging water and taking two diuretics a day. Tuesday, my leg started hurting a bit, but I couldn't see anything wrong. By Wednesday night, it became red and sore to the touch. It's difficult for me to know how bad it is as there is also less than normal sensation in it. Anyway, I saw the doctor today and I have an infection. If it isn't better by tomorrow, I may end up in the hospital. NOT!

So here I sit, with my leg elevated...bored as could be. DH kidded me that I should get a caregiver and I answered only if it's a man with dark curly hair, about 25 and horney. He didn't appreciate that!
Old 06-20-2002, 03:19 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Tippy, 25 and wearing nothing but a loin cloth
Oh and he's got to know how to massage .................. FEET
And he has to have very long ...................................... FINGERS so when he's washing the glasses he can get to the bottom of them.

What did you think I was going to say

Old 06-20-2002, 06:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wink Wow!

Lots of posts to read today. Ya'll think I'm rude because I only type 1 thing every day (work)? I'm sorry. I wish I had time to respond to you all but I gotta get crackin on supper! Been a super o/p day and hope to see a loss soon, it's been a while! This new haircut has fooled people into thinking I've LOST weight, they say short hair makes you look fatter. I say, if long hair made me look skinny I would have it to the floor!

Ya'll have a great evening, okay??