Old 06-13-2002, 06:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily - Thursday June 13

Good morning! Sunshine at last - for a while anyhow. We are still soaked from all the rain so outdoor work will be pretty muddy today.

Would you believe DH was up before me this morning, let the dogs out and fed them - all on his own! Maybe he is maturing. I was handling emails and didn't know he was up and downstairs.

Just cooked that Italian Egg and Sausage thingie - whose recipe WAS that? I keep forgetting about it but had Italian sausage on hand so did it for both of us. DH got weighed at the Doc the other day and the jerk is now 142 pounds, way too low for a 5'8" guy! I think he has been cutting his carbs and not substituting more protein. So.... I'm gonna work on fattening him up before he starts to creak and rattle when he walks.

What a spread at the Church supper last night! It was not raining so we ate outside - just lovely. I said to heck with it and had a piece of pecan pie - my fave and the only kind of pie I eat. However I skipped the potatoes and rolls and just had ham and salad so it wasn't too bad. I was home early and went to the Office for three hours of working on a mail-out with two other Fair Directors. Stuff, stamp, label, lick and stick! Hardly challenging work. Last year I had Priscilla to help but we don't have an Ontario Works employee this year. (Priscilla actually got a real job after her experience with us so the programme does work.)

17 more days to Canada Day and I'm 206. Does anybody think I can make my goal of less than 200 by then? I have a doc appointment next week and hope to be closer at least. I am going to glug water, walk and avoid pecan pie! And if I don't make it, it's not the end of the world - I'll just keep on trucking!

Have a great Thursday, Chickies.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:13 AM   #2  

OK. I've the coffee and I've got the time. Who's up to "chatting"?

Went over my carbs yesterday but not my calories. I know this is the "low carb" thread but I have to admit that I'm leaning toward watching the calories more than the carbs. Of course, by keeping the carbs (refined stuff anyway) low, I keep the calories low. We'll see where this takes us. I did this once before (before marriage) and dropped about 80 pounds on my own.

L - My daughter is 13-1/2 (14 in September), my older son is 12, and my little guy is 6-1/2 (7 in August). I also have two grandchildren that live in my town. Granson is 10-1/2 (11 in October) and grandaughter turned 6 on Tuesday. How old are your kids? We are planning on one grand trip as a family to Water Country some time this summer. I'd love to coordinate it with your family. Not only would the kids enjoy someone else to hit the rides with -- I'd love the adult interaction (the extra eyes to watch the kids would be helpful to both of us, too ).

Expecting a HUGE Avon order today (my biggest campaign yet ). Will be spending most of the afternoon sorting, bagging, and then contacting customers with totals due and arranging deliveries. I just love this job!

Tonight it's off to the gym for an aqua class.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Old 06-13-2002, 07:27 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth I do think you can make it! But ehem, skip the peacan pie. It is a killer all the way around and has some ungodly number of poits on WW like 30! But Ruthy you have the will and the way, just put them together. & lbs in almost 3 weeks is very doable.

Jo, my boys are 8 and 5 and we would love to get together at water country. The 5 year old i think was tall enough for everything last year, but he wore a life vest. I do not believe you are a grandmother, how is that possible?

I am off to a WW meeting this morning. I am not really sure how well I am doing. Chineese the other day seems to have made me bloated. But alas it is about being honest with myself about what I have to do. I have been on plan and not goene over my points, so I will chalk it up to the salt for another day. The to run some errands. I think I am going o treat myself to sushi today. I love it! There is a great place in the town I have to go to.

Kids are home but DH is working home today so I can get out ALONE!!!! lol

OK I need coffee and a shower.
be well,
-L
Old 06-13-2002, 07:40 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Boss is out today < --- enuf said.

Its gloomy and chilly out today, we're supposed to get t-storms this afternoon. I just hope its nice this weekend.

Ruthie, your a pip. Jim weighs 145 lbs and he's 5'7" I'm constantly telling him if he goes below 150 he doesn't look good either. Why is it so easy for them #%@#&%#&%!!!!!

Went out to lunch yesterday and has a teriakki wrap OMG was it good, I was proud of myself because I only ate that and not the deep fried battered french fries sigh~ I guess every little bit helps huh. Does anyone wanna be my personal chef ?

Any way girls, have a wonderful day, I know I will

Okay, I'm out of here.

Love, Leens
Old 06-13-2002, 07:55 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning!

Gonna be a hot one here today, with possible thunderstorms. I hope we get a couple of hum-dingers, I just love a good storm.

Where did we find all these skinny hubbies. Mine WAS 180 at 6ft 1 ins, until he stopped smoking two years ago. He has now added 30 pounds to his body. When he was 180 I felt like I was hugging a twig. I know he would like to lose the 30 pounds, but I enjoy hugging him more now, since his bones don't hit me.

I'm going out to lunch today with a couple of my friends. My nurse friend who was so wonderful while I was in the hospital, she was a great source of support for my husband. When my husband couldn't be with me she was always there. And my friend Val, alot of you old-timers remember me talking about Val, she is the one with breast cancer. She is doing great! She is still doing chemo, but her most recent tests show that the cancer in her bones is diminished, wonderful news. This is my first time eating out with friends since my surgery, hope everything goes well. I must remember to watch my portions. I hope the place will let me order off the kiddie menu, if not I will have lots of leftovers.......right Jiff!!

Ruth I know you can make your goal!!!

Have a great day everyone
Debbie
Old 06-13-2002, 08:01 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

Default battered french fries??? pecan pie???

oh my!!!!! you ladies are making me drool!!!!! [i just had the protein shake so i'm not HUNGRY, but. YUMMM those things sound good]

i guess i can't help you justify the pecan pie, ruth, by reminding you that pecans have protein and there are eggs in the filling? doesn't quite do enough to balance all that sugar, does it.

oh well

and why do these men have to be so skinny and not us???? NOT FAIR!!!!!

last night, i got home around 9 [long day at work, they're trying to kill me!!!!], and found that my mother had decided that a pair of MY pants were actually hers, and she had worn them all day!!!

i was amazed that she thought they fit!!!! she's not a tiny woman, and she could lose maybe 20-30 pounds, but she's far from fat, and she thought these size 26-28 pants fit her!!!!! they were dragging on the floor, for heavens sake!!

and believe me, even i think that these pants are too baggy for me. i guess i really should get rid of all of them just so that mom doesn't look more like a bag lady!

not much else is happening. have a great day, and try to stay out of trouble.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:44 AM   #7  

L - DS6 still wears a "bubble" for swimming as he sinks rather than floats. :rolleyes" We're working on that. I am DH's thrid wife (he had lousy taste the first two times ). His first sons were born when he was almost 18 and almost 20. They have since grown-up and provided us with five grandchildren. I was a grandmother the day I married John as well as an instant mother to DD and DS (now 13-1/2 and 12). DS6 came along about 1-1/2 years into our marriage. We've been married just over 8 years now. My granchildren are ages 10-1/2, 9, 7-1/2, and two 6 (boy, girl, boy, girl, and girl respectively).

Old 06-13-2002, 08:48 AM   #8  

Just read the posts about food! Yumm! Here one I tried yesterday. If there's a Friendlies Restaurant near you, try the new Chicken Fahita Salad. It's got a roasted, seasoned skinless chicken breast, monteray and cheddar cheese, some chopped tomato (can skip), lots of mixed greens, sour cream, rancho dressing (tastes like salsa in sour cream), and little curls of tortia chips (can skip). I ate all of the chicken, some dressing, some sour cream, and about 1/2 of the mixed greens. Very filling for an estimated 8.5 grams of carbs. And a nice change from the monteray chicken plate I usually order.

Old 06-13-2002, 09:07 AM   #9  
Senior Chicky

Talking Good Morning!

All this yummy food talk so early in the morning! I'm glugging down water glass #2 as I was definately not OP yesterday and have sausage fingers this morning!

Woke up early and discovered that now the fridge side quit working sometime during the night! I am definately upset with Whirlpool! This is the first brand new fridge I've ever had in my life! My poor old used one lasted ten years! grrrr!

All the chick get togethers have got me antsy! I want to meet someone too! lol Come on Tx chicks--maybe we should plan something---SOON! Barb, Dallas isn't that far-maybe we can meet halfway! Cathyxx-how far away are you from us? Stacey?
I might just have to be a party crasher at one of the out of state ones!

Tons of housework on the agenda today. I swear it's harder to keep my house clean with dh and the teenagers than it was when they were young!

I've been trying some new supplements that I ordered. I'll let you know the results. One of them is called carbs away. Seven pounds gone so far and I've not been OP everyday since taking them.

Ruth-maybe dh is still kissing up after destroying your plant!
Thanks for keeping me from being redfaced earlier! lol

My dh was skin and bones when I married him! 6' and about 180 - I took care of that! He's about 210 now and I like him better this way! We were cleaning out his closet a few months ago and he found a summer dress (size 7) stuck in the back. He pulled it out and said - here baby, see if it still fits - with a smart @$$ grin! The payback came when we were going thru his old slacks and he handed me 2 pairs claiming they belonged to the boys! Here baby -- See if they still fit!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

J
Old 06-13-2002, 11:33 AM   #10  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone! We have rain again today! Not just rain but RAIN--as in like 3 inches since 2:00 this morning. More flash flooding etc. What an incredibly weird June we are having here. I wish we could send some of this rain to Colorado where they are having those terrible forest fires! I have to say that I am still not feeling terribly motivated again today. I am going to blame it on TOM and not laziness. Reading program went great yesterday, I got to do the read aloud sessions and I love to ham it up so that was fun. DS helped out in the games when there were small groups and with one on one reading when there were large groups. He was handsomely rewarded with lunch at McDonald's--I made good on my promise and did the chicken salad thing. Then we stopped and picked up my prescription at the pharmacy and since we were at the mall I broke down and we got DHSH a Father's Day gift. I guess I'm not as mean as I thought. Tonight DS has two basketball games and we are picking up some kind of takeout food for supper. I have been OP so far today--even drinking water so hope to hold out the rest of the day. Better get going and at least make it look like I'm doing something here when DH gets home for lunch--maybe I'll set the vacumn cleaner out so it looks like I am in the process! Have a good day ladies!!

jd--I am PMing you an Avon question.

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 06-13-2002 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:35 AM   #11  

Late start and much stress this early morning....glad that is over with!

Hey JO! I was a grandma before I was a mother! Of course I don't really count as anything other than that nice fluffy lady that is married to their grandpa and buys them things and remembers their birthdays and feeds them. They truly make me But it is nice for my little kidlets because they are around the same age and it is like having cousins.

Ruthie! That egg and sausage thingie is a recipe that was one of my Dad's. LOVE IT, although I haven't had it for quite some time now. Now that I have met you in person, I can say without a doubt that my Dad (and yours too Jiff) would be pleased as punch to know that you were enjoying it! Of course if you choose to have it at dinner, he would prefer that you sip some scotch while preparations are being made and perhaps a bloody mary or two in the morning....it was just his way!

peach
Old 06-13-2002, 11:39 AM   #12  

Talking Good day all!

Mama J no doubt about it...much easier to keep house clean when the children were little...I was thinking the same thing yesteray when they came running in from outside with dirty dusty feet all over my freshly cleaned floor and rugs....hands all over the walls etc....wasn't everything easier when they were babes in arms?

Deb how about half orders, most places around here do that.

Jiff what size of pants are you in now? It is so strange when I first started losing weight, I don't know what size I am, no body image at all, hard to explain....haven't lost anything lately so not a problem

The water park sounds like fun Jo and L.

Ado stay dry!

Ruth you can do it!

Leens how ya doing?

Peach

Liz
Old 06-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Happy Thursday to me!!

A coworker took me to (drum roll please!!) Red Lobster tonight. You have to know me to know that I don't eat most any seafood. Well, they do have these delicious cheese biscuits, but we swore that secret was going to the grave with us! A few glasses of wine, some catty talk (hey, girls will be girls) and I feel just fabulous. What a good thing to do on a crappy week!!

Ya'll all sound so busy and I just wanna lie down and sleep for a week. Maybe some new vitamins? Maybe a vacation! Have a good evening, talk to ya'll later!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:08 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

deb... how did lunch go? i find that when my stomach's iffy, fish usually works best. or chili. as long as it's moist, it works.
what really bothers me, though, is that i can get 3-4 meals out of each dinner out, and by that time, it's just enough 'off' even if it's still really good enough to eat, that it doesn't sit well.

and crab cakes, if you know that they're made without filler.

oh i didn't want to talk about food. a terribly busy day at work. no lunch until 4, and then i was eating during a meeting and it just upset my stomach and i couldn't finish what i needed to.

liz321... you didn't mean to ask me such a trick question did you???

i bought some linen blend pants, and they're size 30. the leggins are a size 26, and kind of loose. the pajamas [those shorts and t shirt combos] are 22-24, the knit ones are loose, the cotton blend ones are snug. the cotton blends i got at the thrift shop, the ones with the zipper, are 26, and snug in the belly. i figure i can wear them next week.

but hey.. the 32-34s were getting tight last summer!!! so this is indeed progress.

just wait until peachie shrinks out of her clothes!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 11:52 PM   #15  

Default Hey Jiff you rock!

That is so great! The incredible shrinking woman!

Liz