Old 06-11-2002, 06:39 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Daily: Tuesday, 06/11

Wakee, Wakee, Little Chickadees! The coffees on (herbal tea for those who prefer it ). Let's "talk"!

Went to the gym for the aqua class last night. I'm starting to feel the difference (not just in the 7.5" lost in the last two weeks either). I'm putting more effort into it now that I've got most of the moves down pat and my muscle are a little achy this AM (first time). Feels GREAT!

Made up an Eggplant Parmesian dish last night that actually, drum roll please, tasted great! Hey, there's a first time for everything! DH actually asked me to write down the recipe so we could have it again (another first!). Very low carb for a casserole-type dish and a great way to get in lots of veggies. I'll post the recipe in the Entre thread if anyone is interested. (It's also a fairly cheap dish -- something I have to pay attention to until I find a job.)

Gotta do checkbooks , and errands today. Maybe stop by the gym for a light free-weight work-out if there's time.

Hope you all have a great day! Will check in later.

Last edited by jdoneil1; 06-11-2002 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:57 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Morning jdoneil and all to come!
Sheesh! jd, you already had a workout ?!?!? You make me feel like such a slug I'm ready to go back to bed!
Well, today is gonna be "interesting", to say the least it is my last "official" day of my clinical hours (altho I will do a few more hourse "off the books") - now I have to look for an actual job - you know, where someone will actually PAY me to do this! YIKES I don' wanna grow up!
Oh well, I guess I gotta get to it...... have a great day eveyone!
Old 06-11-2002, 07:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rainy morning and I stayed in bed as long as I could. We are off for fasting bloodwork this morning and I really miss my breakfast and coffee!

Yesterday was a morning of gardening and went well until DH/SH decided to whipper snip the edges of things. He cut off my 6-year old clematis at the base! I was using the hose at the time and really let him have it! Men and Machines! &@$#&$%@$#
I also went for a long bath while he made his own damn lunch!

Lucy and Hershey ate a bed pillow yesterday! It was on the rail of the deck drying in the sun and the Terrible Two decided it was time for fun. The lawn in the Dog Garden looked like it had snow on it. It was fibrefill, not styrofoam or down which would have been worse. I have about 11 more pillows to wash and will dry them in the dryer.

Did office work and banking in the p.m. and spent a whole hour sitting on the deck reading a book and sipping water while dinner cooked. Got the good news that my friend's husband is cancer-free which was a great way to end the day.

I guess we will go out for breakfast after the bloodwork - I'll resist the homefries and toast. Darn weight spiked overnight - up 2.5 pounds - so will have to glug lots today. I am in football feet and sausage finger mode so may have to go back on a diuretic. AShley comes to garden later but I will have to cancel if it's still raining. I wonder if she would clean my basement. Hmmm.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:13 AM   #4  

Good morning, Samsgrandma! Oops! Thanks for catching my typo. I've not finished my first cup of coffee yet and didn't realize I was writing like it was still Monday! I did the aqua class at 7:30 PM yesterday. Hoping to get in some free-weight exercise this morning.

Have a great day!

Last edited by jdoneil1; 06-11-2002 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:22 AM   #5  

Hey, Ruthxxx. You snuck in there when I wasn't looking. Your DH did WHAT to your garden? Is he now speaking soprano? He would be if he was my DH. Make him get you some replacements! And a nice dinner that you don't have to cook would be good, too.

Reminds me of the time my dad decided that he couldn't stand all of the leaves and debrie that were under my mom's rambling roses. These roses ran along the entire post-and-rail fence that enclosed their 1.3 acre property. Rather than having someone hold up the roses with a rake while he raked them out (or vice versa). He poured charcoal lighter fluid over them all and lit a match! Can you say MORON?!? Don't get me wrong, I love my dad but I swear to God he just doesn't have a brain something. It's like it just suddenly shuts down but his body keeps moving. This was not the first (nor the last) dumb thing he did but the one that is most remembered. That was 14 years ago and Mom is just now getting the roses back to the state they were in before the pyromaniac got to them. MEN!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you soon.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:49 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ninnies,

Its going to be a hot one today. Glad this place has A/C (psssst. I don't like to sweat )

Hope you all like the pictures, Ruthie why do you look so sad in them

Have a great one !

Love, Leens
Old 06-11-2002, 08:30 AM   #7  

Morning ladies.

Had a great day yesterday, I played sahm with my boys. I love being with them and I am so jealous of those who can afford to stay at home with their little ones. Today the boys are home with their 15yo cousin from Tennessee. He will be watching them 3 days a week during the summer. I just hope my boys do not exhaust him.

I had a great op day yesterday, hopefully I can continue that today.

Catch ya all later!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:48 AM   #8  

Wow! You all should have heard the thunderstorms that went through here early this morning! The cracks of thunder were unbelieveable. They made the house shake and had us wide awake! It really rained too, which is great for the gardens and the cornfields. Poor Goldie the doggy is afraid of thunder and the poor thing just shoke like a leaf.

DH and I are going to buy some flooring today and I have to remember to buy some lemons. We're trying to include broiled fish in our diet once a week and he likes lemon with his. I'm not a big fan of fish unless it's breaded and deep fried!

See you all later then........
Old 06-11-2002, 09:30 AM   #9  

Talking Good day!

Morning all....it is a beautiful day here..I am enjoying another 5 days off while hubby is away in BC golfing with friends....

Did some gardening and housework yesterday and even spent the morning at the park with dd and a friend ...we visited and the kids played.

Have a good one....now if I could jut get on program ...Liz
Old 06-11-2002, 09:49 AM   #10  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone!!--Gloomy, gray skies and rain and thunder here this morning. Many towns just north of us are just starting to clean up after the flooding from last Tuesday's storms and now more rain. I really feel for them. Around here the rain is good for my garden, but my DS's mood is as gray as the sky. They are supposed to have their football league tonight and it already got rained out last week. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Ran all of my errands, did my grocery shopping and got my dad's and my DH's dads Father's Day gifts mailed off yesterday. I am still debating about being petty--DH didn't observe Mother's Day around here and wouldn't take DS out so that he could shop. However, I don't want my DS to think that that is the way it is supposed to be. Tomorrow I have a Dr.'s appt early and then DS is coming with to help out at our school's Summer Reading Program. The kids love having him there and I think that it is a good model that older athletic boys enjoy reading too. (I do pay him off with lunch at McDonald's though ) Today I am cleaning out another closet--isn't my life exciting??????

Take care everyone!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:50 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Talking Morning Glories!!

A quick hello before dh/ds arrives. Hot-hot-hot in Houston! Hey, makes me a Houston Hottie!

Just came back from having my first ever facial! Loved it! Now have lots of cleaning to do. I loved having my brother/new fiance and her baby visiting from SC but my house looks like a tornado hit it --- again! lol

Tension and stress keeps hovering in my life. Had a really bad argument with dd last night. Not like us at all and I've been sooo upset ever since. The only good thing is that she actually let out anger. I've hoped she'd let it out for months instead of holding things in. Well she did and I hope that it helps relieve some of her stress. But kills me inside with any upsets with my babies. No matter how old they are.

Still interested in when dates are worked out for the get togethers. My brother got his tickets thru priceline.com and they're so affordable I may actually make one or two! lol I just had a thought-I'm looking forward to the out of state get togethers AND I HAVEN'T EVEN MET THE TX GIRLS! duh!

As predicted here comes dh so better run. Will check back in later! Have a great one!
Old 06-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Hello everyone!

I had a very revealing conversation with one of my bosses today. The good news is, they realize that I'm not screwing up nearly as bad as someone is making it out to be. The bad news is, they know this someone is being malicious and THEY AREN'T GOING TO DO A D@MN THING ABOUT IT! I should be the bigger person, he said. I should document EVERYTHING I do from now until eternity to prove that I'm doing exactly what I should be. I should realize that she's after me and be on my guard. UGH!! I love my job, have loved it for years, but now I hate to go to work. I dread it, is more like it. Today I was so tense when I left that my facial muscles were clinched. Has that happened to anyone? Better yet, have you noticed? Anyway, there are offers, so maybe I should consider some of them. The company doesn't have any loyalty to me, why should I have any for the company??

Anyway, another O/P day today, yippee! Hope to see the clothes get looser any day now! Ya'll have a wonderful day, I'm off to cook!
Old 06-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #13  

Default What is up with that Sherrie

What exactly has been happening and what kind of work do you do? Maybe it is time to hire a PI and get some camera's set up....that is what I would do.....Liz
Old 06-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #14  

Goodforme--document, document and do it some more. As long as the bosses know that this person is doing it I think that you're safe. I guess that there are some really strange people out there. Don't let it get to you and unstress that jaw! Don't let her get to you! Kill the b*tch with kindness! That's what I do when someone is after me. I smile and complement and it drives them nuts. God bless!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wink Remind me again why God made squash?

I love it, I really do, but my neighbor has an abundance in his garden and he keeps bringing it to us. I'm starting not to love it so much anymore!

I know ya'll are going to think this is stupid. This job is not with the government, it's not even with some important company. I work for a cemetery. We are owned by a large corporation that recently came out of bankruptcy. They are all very concerned about revenue and the almighty dollar. I am not so concerned about that as I am the poor families who come through our doors every day. If there is any way possible to describe my job it is to say that I am a glorified secretary. Who is solely responsible for every tiny detail of every tiny thing that goes on in my office or in the cemetery. Every contract that gets written I have to go over with a fine-toothed comb. If there are any errors that I let slip, I could get fined or canned upon audit time (every quarter) and so could this woman. So, she's had some issues personally that have caused her to be, how do I say this kindly? Paranoid??? That if one thing is done wrong it could mean her job. She has returned contracts to my counselors because there aren't dots over the i's in someone's signature. And, of course, since my name is signed on it saying it's ok to put it through, it's my responsibility. The thing nobody realizes is: she's making it all seem like much more than it really is. And I've been friends with her outside of work for a while, so I know how she is. Once you p*ss her off, that's it! And apparently I have p*ssed her off big-time. By the way, nobody cares that she hangs up on me if she answers the phone and it's me. (She has her assistant screen her calls and if it's me she has the assistant take care of me.) And the fact that it's all so 3rd grade! "I'm mad at her so I'm not speaking to her, I'm pouting!" Let's be adults here, let alone be professional. Brother!!!

Anyway, as ya'll can see, it's all trivial stuff but it bothers me to have these feelings about a job I've had since 1994, and it really hurts me that someone could sabotage me this way! I'm having a hard time with it, but it will be okay. If it doesn't resolve itself, I will move on to greener pastures. Can ya'll picture me driving a limo?? It's only about 11 hours a week, and more money than I'm making now! Sounding better and better every day.

That's my saga, sorry so long! Thanks for listening.