Old 06-08-2002, 06:58 AM   #1  

Default Weekend, June 8th and 9th

Morning Glories up and at 'em!

Coffee is a bit crazy this morning....seems as though I have sprung a leak in my pot and had to tend to it second by second, pouring drips and drabs out of it as it brewed! BUT I will NOT be denied my morning cup of java! A girls gotta do......

Had a fun day yesterday going to the salvation army where I could stand and drool at the RAINBOW ice cream shop. Went to a garage sale and consignment shops too. I spent $27 dollars, and got some cool shorts for the little guy, two crystal (glass) lamps, 2 pewter hurricane lamps, a quilt for the boys room that looked like new and "stuff"! Should have bought a new coffee pot

Went with Gail to the local animal shelter to look for a cat. I have never had a cat that wasn't black. There was one there that I went up to and spoke with and he just rubbed himself (don't they all?) on his cage and purred. Then he hissed. I looked at Gail and said, "that cat just hissed at me". She said, "no". So I thought perhaps I imagined it and asked to hold him. He purred and purred and then hissed and tried to scratch me. His name is Blackjack; should have been "psychocat"

Baseball this eary morning. Dh is taking the little guy into NYC for a birthday party and the NYC Fire Zone.....Hot times!

Have a good one chikies, I was determined to get this in since my posting of late has been sporatic....call me psychoposter!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 06-08-2002 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to get off this computer right now and go put the rest of my garden in. Everyone have a great weekend. ))
Old 06-08-2002, 07:16 AM   #3  

I want to go outside, too! It's sunny and gorgeous today in NY, I am going to see the little neice play softball- her team of 7 year old girls finished the season 10 and 0, and she is on the "All-Star Team" Unbelievably cute. I am even making DH go to the game as he has not come to any games this season, even though they play at the field just a few blocks from our house. So today HE IS GOING! She loves her Uncle Bob, but he forgets how important these things are to her! He is a bit of a SH today, as he did not do well for my birthday(no card, no gift, as usual) and then had the nerve to ask me at 6AM yesterday to make a card on the computer for a friend. He didn't get it. (the card or the point!) This man doesn't have a CLUE!

Other than this, just outdoor stuff- put in some cherry tomato plants that have been waiting, and maybe paint the patio table(who else was doing this job yesterday, Annie mabe?)

So hi all, enjoy your day!

dottie
Old 06-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Weeked, Everyone.

Nora, I beat you into the garden this morning! The Girls and I were out there at 5 digging a hole for the honeysuckle I bought yesterday - well, I HAD to go to Canadian Tire for a new toaster and got irresistably drawn to the garden centre! The girls "helped" by digging with me. I will plant later in a tomato cage so Miss Lucy won't pull out the plant!

Peachie, sounds like you are a super shopper! Wanna come to our next Yard Sale at the Church? I've been feeling very Fly Lady lately and have two boxes of good stuff ready to go. Why do I have so many "things"? Like a dumb bottle covered with leather, embroidery and beads from Yugoslavia? Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

Dottie, men are such insensitive *******s! My DH is definitely in the SH category when it comes to birthdays and Mother's Day. I have to keep looking for other mitigating qualities - and sometimes they are damned hard to find!

My cousin Martha is coming this morning to make plans for the Family Reunion this month. She and her husband (under duress ) are renewing their vows and the whole crew will be around. I just realized yesterday that I am part of the oldest generation! I have a cousin who is older (I was her flowergirl) but am second in line for Matriarch of the family. Guess I'll need a hearing horn, lace shawl and old lady shoes soon. We expect about 80 people so I am glad we have moved the festivities to the Fair Hall instead of my house although there will be lots of visitors to the old family home.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - productive but fun!
Old 06-08-2002, 07:35 AM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Talking

Good Morning Everyone! What an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in lovely, sunny Long Island!!! (and about darn time, too - I was gonna start to look for Noah we've had so much rain the last 3 days!!!)

Peach - I'm with you, I've been so bad about posting lately, (but, I AM trying, so do I get a teeny bit of credit? puhleeze?) I think someone has to hit me with a BIG wet (LC)noodle!! - No problem tho' - you can do it in NYC!! Anyhow, I have an extra cup of coffee sitting here - waiting just for you! (bribery works, doesn't it?? )

Today I have a grand plan for the day - my friend and I are driving up to Purchase, NY (only about 1-1/2 hrs from here) to the SUNY campus, where there is going to be a PWD show - I have been looking to get one of these wonderful companions for months and months and months .... hopefully, today is the day I will be able to connect with someone who can connect me with somone who can connect me with someone....... I canNOT have a puppy - I know me! Hopefully, one of the breeders will know of someone who has a young adult that they can no longer keep - one who is good with children AND IS HOUSEBROKEN!!. Gee, Ruthie, do you think I'm asking for too much????? Of course, today will also be the test of whether or not my asthma/alleries will even permit me to do this! But I am totally determined! No matter how much meds I might have to take!

That's my whole plan for the day -- except, ooops, I almost forgot, my friend is up from Florida and tonight is the only time we can get together...... busy day gonna be!

Well, have a great day, everyone....... wish me luck!
Old 06-08-2002, 08:44 AM   #6  

Good moring friends!

Overcast today but nothing's going to dampen my mood. I've got the redceorating bug and I have to strike while the iron's hot--so to speak. Dh is helping me with the kitchen--a major project is already done, I stained and varathane the "spot" on the floor where the island was Of course it doesn't flow well with the existing wood, but it sure does look a lot better. The whole floor needs to be sanded down and restained and varnished anyway but this is a pretty good stop gap unitl I get the money to do it! Got the colour for my entrance way--a lovely warm peahie beige--right now it looks like a dungeon as you walk in--this is gonna change everything!

Well, i'd best get my butt in gear and get some coffee before I start all the con(de)struction !
Old 06-08-2002, 08:48 AM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good morning everyone!

peachie, sorry about the coffee pot, but glad to hear you overcame the problem.

All this garden talk makes me wish I had planted one this year, just couldn't do it with all that was going on. Oh well, there is always the fall.

My next door neighbor is building something in his backyard, it looks like a play set for the kiddies. He is an engineer, it is so funny to watch him do something in the yard, everything must be just so. My kids call him the Yard-****, we swear he combs his grass so it all goes in the same direction. Don't get me wrong they are great neighbors, just a little diffrent.

My only plans for the day are to catch up on the piles and piles of laundry I couldn't do without my dryer. Hubby is going to pick it up this AM, and I get to wash all day long. Fun, Fun!!!

Have a good weekend everybody.

Debbie
Old 06-08-2002, 08:48 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I am on the fly today, as I have been for the last week and will be until I go to NY in another week!

Jiff I do that dinner thing with my friends all the time. We get 2 tables, kids/ adults. We have a ton of rules that we self inflict. Dinner before 5:30, kids always in reach and never anything but a kid friendly restaurants. Now my kids are 8 and 5 and so are their friends

We are usually too many for one table anyway. I know you were not speaking directly to me, but it truly is a way for the moms and or dads to keep a handle on what is going on at school and how the kids are interacting with other kids.

have a good day!
-L
Old 06-08-2002, 08:50 AM   #9  

Talking Sunny Saturday

Hi it sounds like you all have lovely days planned!

I am off to work days and then dd's are going to a bowling party so I will play in the garden here. I have a couple tomatoe plants to get in...some more annuals for a pot or two and a "forget me not"...have tried to grow them since the summer my son died and they never live so this is my last attempt...maybe God is trying to tell me something....like "you won't ever forget"...they grow well for the rest of the family though

Well have a good one everyone, was out late at a work related long service award ceremony...was so fun and the food! ...well just say as of now I am OP

Bye for now! Liz
Old 06-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #10  
Big Loser

Gorgeous in Tennessee today as well!!!

Off to Karate with DS then to pick up the cake etc for the little birthday party....

Then just to sit by the pool for the rest of the weekend. YEA.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!!
Old 06-08-2002, 10:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wink Good morning everyone!

Whew, who's NOT busy today??

I'm off to clean, cart garbage, bathe dd, and wait for grandma to get here! Guess who's got a free night?? Anyone wanna go out??

Got lots of shopping to do today, kid-free of course! There's this rule I have: if they don't have buggies, there shouldn't be small children there! Even though dd is too big for the buggy now, I can corrall her by telling her if she lets go of it for 1 second she gets no goodies at the store. It works most of the time!

Major job woes on this chick's mind today, won't get into the details here, but it's looking like the unemployment line for me come Monday. Hmmmm, have I seen this coming or what??

Ya'll have a wonderful day, take some time for yourselves!
Old 06-08-2002, 10:29 AM   #12  
Hang In There

I started to write that I was jealous of all of you who are off today, as I sit here at my desk at work, but then I remembered my day yesterday (If you haven't read about it go to the end of yesterday's daily) and decided that I can't complain about a think.

My weight finally went down a pound today. First one all week, so it makes me feel a little better.

Hope everyone enjoyes there day.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:50 PM   #13  

Default Liz!

I posted about Curves at the bottom of yesterdays daily. Just wanted to make sure you saw it!

Busy day with older son going to a party at noon, younger son having a baseball game @ 1 then going to a party at 5! I might get in some housework and laundry here and then but it won't be enough to make a dent. I'll have to enlist the help of 15 year old daughter who lives on the computer! (wish me luck - the girl could have a career as a lawyer with all the convincing arguments she presents as to why she should stay on the computer for 8 hours a day)

Have a good one Ladies!

Kel
Old 06-08-2002, 04:48 PM   #14  

Good afternoon!

Day started out great with a trip to the gym for the last Saturday aqua class until September. Guess everyone forgot because only 6 of us showed up! We had lots of room to streeeetch.

Came home -- had a couple of hard-boiled eggs and 5 med strawberries (needed something besides toast). Grabbed a water bottle and the kids and it was off to the BSA car wash.

Been working on my Avon orders since then. Joining the gym has not only helped me get my workouts in (and some seriously neede "me" time) but I've gotten 3 new customers in the last 2 weeks. Everytime I go, I bring a few books -- most of which are taken by members before I leave that day. I figure at this rate Avon will be paying for my membership within 6 months.

Ruthxxx - If I were you, I take that leather-covered bottle to an antique dealer before you give it to the yard sale. Sounds like it might be worth some $$. Very unique -- and from a country that no longer exists. Even if you wanted to donate it to your church, they'd get more money from a dealer if it's actually worth anything. Just a thought.

Day two of starting over (again) and have stayed OP with little difficulty.

Getting on the scale in the AM and taking my measurements again. Hoping to see some positive results in the measurements at least.

Old 06-08-2002, 07:41 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

a lovely day todaY!!!! and peachie and her oldest boy joined mom and me for a divine lunch. nephew dearest had his game boy, french fries, and a yankee game. the two very elderly ladies at the next table kept sending him up to the television in the bar area to get the score, and find out who was up, and who was pitching. he was very very polite and helpful. not bad for an 8 year old!!

he did his mama proud!!!

and L... sounds like you have the kids/adults situation under control. these kids were NOT within arms reach of their parents, and there were a couple of food fights as well.. and it was about 7:30 in the evening...

and the yelling!!!!

but all that's over now.

what else is going on? not a whole lot.

trying to keep myself organized and going.. and marveling at all that you ladies do!!!!