Old 05-24-2002, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily - Friday, May 24

Whew! TGIF although today is packed to the brim with things to do.

Got up early to bake my pineapple cakes for the Church Yard Bake and Plant Sale tomorrow. Am out of baking soda!!!!! Had the other ingredients all measured and the oven heated and no baking soda to be found. The store opens at 8 so ... I am waiting. Need to leave for Lucy's class at 9 but I think we may have to skip. DH has the bad habit of committing my time without checking my schedule and has a "lad" coming to till the veggie garden this morning. To protect my rows of herbs and tulips, I need to be here. (Of course this means I won't have to deal with Miss *****y Drawers at class - Yippee!) It'll also give me a chance to gather up some more "junque" for the Yard Sale.

Yesterday was a hard work day but very satisfying. I finished my planters and dug and packaged perennials for the Sale. I also had Kevin here installing the powder room fixtures, friend Susie dropping in to dig Hostas (she brought me asparagus and eggs), friend Claire dropping in with rhubarb, Rob came to pick up the first load of Yard Sale stuff and numerous phone calls. I hated being without water - I ended up going to the Office to wash up before lunch. Sure was pooped by 9:45 when I got home from the Fair Board Meeting.

Well had better get going. Hope everyone has a great Friday and if you have baking soda, please come right over!
Old 05-24-2002, 08:44 AM   #2  

Ruth I have baking soda but I don't think I can throw it that far!

I had a very pleasant and welcome surprise yesterday--I got my period!! OK, it was only a little but it was enough that the doc wants me to start Provera--the stuff to make it come on faster. Now is a waiting game--after 3 good days of bleeds, I'm to start the Clomid. You know , I've been having daydreams of twins! LOL I think dh might fall over if that happened! The bad part about all of this? Well, it looks like that the big stuff will happen in the middle of our Niagara Falls trip! Oh well, we gotta do what we gotta do.

Managed to plant my morning glories outside yesterday (yes I'm taking a risk due to frost). I have them up against my lattice I nailed up on the house so hopefully I will have a wall full of glories! I also planted some pole beans along the garage wall and tacked up a garden net to help them along. I figure it's going to be a really lean year for gardening and plants and any climbers I can get will make my gardens look more substantial.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Pretty quiet here this morning!!

I am at work, looking forward to the long weekend here in the US!!

Pooky, what exciting news....triplets would be good too!!!

Ruth, you are the busiest person I know!!!!

My poor little DD's boils seem to be back, have just made her a doctors appt for this morning ....

Other than that pretty quiet, I have tomatoes and peppers on my plants, very exciting.

Dogs woke up barking like crazy in the night, we had a big fox in the yard eating their dog food that we accidently left out...I didn't know fox liked dog food!!

Hope you all have a great Friday
Old 05-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well, happy long weekend to the US chicks!

I am off to Washington this morning for the wedding. I have to call DH to find out the name of the hotel (good plan huh?)

Jealous of you chicks that will get to meet but I know some day I will be in the right place at the right time!

We went to a friends farm yesterday and saw some 4 week old Dalmatian puppies, 2 new colts and some piggies. The kids had a ball and I found it a great way to spend a sunny afternoon with the kids.

I have to go finish packing and download a book to my MP3 for the plane rides. Be well and happy weekend to all.
-L
Pooky. I am a twin...nothing wrong with it!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:25 PM   #5  

I suppose I shouldn't complain, because in Colorado we are having a terrible drought, but it's snowing and I am not happy. It's flippin' May 24 already, so what's with this darn snow? I have broken trees all over the place and am hoping against hope that all the beautiful baskets and barrels I've planted will be okay. The only good thing is that I did not put out the tomatoes and peppers yet. Grumble, grumble.

Peachie (the amazing flat-assed girl), I just finished a really good, really funny book called Lamb, (the gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal). It's probably not for the very fundamental, but it was really good. That and A Prayer for Owen Meany are high on my recommendation lists right now.

Not too much exciting here except that my wonderful Rockies (baseball, not the mountains) are playing fabulously and are no longer in last place. Woo Hoo!

Talk about two sides to a coin Pooky! I got mine too (again!) and am very unthrilled. I'll think good and hopeful and double thoughts for you!

Have a good day everyone,
Chickadee

Last edited by Chickadee; 05-24-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:45 PM   #6  

Angry Happy day to you all!

Good day! Off to weigh in today! Hope I am down....bummerd out reunion in less then 2 months and I am 10 lbs heavier than I was a year ago...I am a self destructive beast.....working all weekened and into next week....looking forward to gardening early June...not recommending anything sooner than that in these parts....

Have a stiff neck...slept funny last night

DD4 is playing Go fish with DH...so sweet!

Have a great day all!

Liz
Old 05-24-2002, 12:50 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

OH AM I READY FOR THE WEEKEND !! 3 GLORIOUS DAYS !!

Well 3 days anyhow What are you US chickens doing for Memorial Day ? any good BBQ's I could crash ? Ruthie do you chickens celebrate this day also ? oh and by the way, your killing me with your pineapple cakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!

We went to a bakery for lunch to get a cake for my boss and they had samples of cakes on the display table....needless to say I didn't need any lunch when I left that place I'm so bad I can't stand myself. Lizzy..talk about a beast < ------- .

Well anyway, Have a Wonderful Weekend and Holiday Ladies, I'll be talking to you on Tuesday.

Ruthie I hope we can meet !!!

Love, Leens
Old 05-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Happy Happy Happy HAPPY it's Friday!!

Do I sound like I worked hard this week or what??

Hold onto your hats ladies, I have an announcement to make:

I HAVE BEEN 100% O/P TODAY!!!

Whoooooooooopppppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I feel wonderful and am enjoying it as long as it lasts. I am handling this the same way I handled quitting smoking. 5 minutes at a time. (Funny how everything I do still revolves around smoking, huh??) If I get a craving I just tell myself to wait 5 minutes and then I get busy doing something and forget about it. Hopefully that will continue to work through the weekend!

Ya'll have a good one, too, I'm going to be slaving in the yard and visiting family all weekend, so I'll probably sleep all day Monday! Talk to ya'll later!
Old 05-24-2002, 09:26 PM   #9  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Posting on behalf of Tippy -

She's going crazy! Her computer is down! Her house is clean and she's sewing! Hopefully things will return to normal when her DH fixes that darn machine! She's suffering from withdrawls.......

Poor Tip!
Old 05-25-2002, 12:06 AM   #10  
Senior Chicky

Angry Hey Zookeeper!

Thanks so much for letting us know! Please let her know that she is missed and I KNOW she'll be kickin booty soon!

Hurry back Tip!

J