Old 05-08-2002, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday, May 8 - Hump Day

Good morning all. Left the house at 7:15 yesterday morning and did not get to post. Lots to catch up on later this morning.

I met another fat-chick in person yesterday in Ottawa. So nice to meet someone when you already know a lot about her - the front end stuff is out of the way! Ellis and I had a great visit and still have lots to talk about next time. So strange - she is the same age as and looks a lot like my daughter.

Physio first thing yesterday was a disaster. I will never make an 8 a.m. appointment again. My shoulder has really been giving me grief and Roy, my Personal Terrorist, gave me poop for overdoing. He also did an ultrasound - OK - and then a treatment with this electric buzzer thing! Felt like a shoulder orgasm but was not that pleasant after 10 minutes. I am under strict orders NOT to stress that arm and shoulder. Somehow I feel I was being punished so will take it easy - well, easier!

Anyhow, it was a nice day away, aside from Roy, and I did lots of city shopping - mainly garden stuff and pet supplies. Did I ever mention I have two dogs?

I am back on CALP and did really well yesterday - it must be working because I did not feel draggy at 4 p.m. and dropped that 4 pounds I gained overnight on the weekend. Now I need to get that water in me.

Have a great day, Chickies. Hershey and I are off for our walk - and it's cold out there - 27F!
Old 05-08-2002, 08:50 AM   #2  

Talking Good Morning Ladies

Well, things have been very quiet on the home front ... YAHOOO!!!
It's so rare for me to have time just to do nothing .. well nothing isnt the word .. something for me. My garden is coming along great!! Still have tons of planting and we are changing the shapes of most of my flower beds. I just hope it all looks wonderful. I realize that it will take some time .. maybe a few years to reap the rewards of all this hard work .. but it will be worth it. I have already spent $200.00 on perennials .. $100.00 on soil .. but I would have spent that anyways just to plant annuals Plus I will be able to split and move the ones that do well once they are established. I share alot of plants with my neighbour who loves to garden .. last fall he gave me alot of peony!!! I love them and they have come up and are looking healthy.

DH is still kissing butt .. guilt is such a wonderful tool I told him that although we dont fight often .. we have had 5 fights in 12 years .. that he is verbally abusive when he lashes out. I even quoted him from other fights we have had!! I dont think he ever realized just how bad he was. I told him how close he was to lossing me .. that I had actually considered renting a moving truck and packing up. For some reason it seems to have hit home with him. Its nice to see a postive change. I also told him that I found when he worked around the house that THAT was a real turn on for me .. that whole he man thing It seems to be working ... hehehehehe God Im good

Tuppie (my cat) has been at the vets for 8 days now .. trying to get her better .. she seems to be improving .. and has gained some weight. I visit her daily and miss her little paw poking me at the dinner table With any luck she will be home Friday!!

Well I have to run .. have a wonderful day!!!
Laura
Old 05-08-2002, 09:20 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning !

Happy H Day !

This is my 3rd day OP !!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thats it.

Love, Leens
Old 05-08-2002, 10:06 AM   #4  

Hi Ruth...I know all about getting in trouble for overdoing it! As well, how the heck can I lose 4 pounds overnight...I need to get on board here...

Laura good for you and hubby! I have used the line "I get so turned on when I see you push that vaccum"

Leens that is so great! You go you OP girl!

Good day to all to come!

I haven't been up long enough to know what kind of day I am gonna have....tests with dd continue today...you don't even want to know what kind of specimen I have to collect today!

Going to take dd4 to the park today and then clean house as having company for supper tomorrow...thank goodness for company, makes me clean up once and a while

Have a good one all! Liz
Old 05-08-2002, 10:54 AM   #5  

Wow, are we lucky or what? How special is it to have all of you here on my side!!
What an incredible group of women you all are!
Thank you all for such wondeful, supportive, positive letters! And the terrific surprise phone call!! You are all just the best!!!
I am going in today to have my thyroid adjusted, and we'll go from there. I know that has a little to do with whats going on, but maybe theres more. I'll keep you all posted!
Thank you so much!!!!!
Stacey
Old 05-08-2002, 11:06 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning all,
I am on the phone this am looking for a summer sitter. My regular one bailed on me so lots of networking for this mom. I like to have a few hours a week to play golf with friends and do a little me stuff. Better than camp and actually a little less costly. I have about 5 calls out so now I need to sit back and wait. Little man is visiting his new school today and was so excited this morning to go, he gave me no issues and did not ask once to turn on the TV. (The answer is always no but he feels the need to ask anyway.

For all you mom's in the throws of it, I just bought a book called Odd girl out. It is about the secret life of girl bullies. Although I have boys, my older son, 8, is experiencing a lot of this stuff at school and the mothers of the girls are not willing to think that their little darlings can be this cruel. I actually have a call out to the child physiologist to get a grip on how to handle older boy and how sad it makes him to have his friends turn on him daily, and to deal with the one girl that has nasty stuff to say under her breath at any given chance. The poor kid. There is a saying, you are only as happy as your saddest child. Boy is he sad and I feel so out of control.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone!

I have been up since 3:30 AM with a little pee-pee girl! DD#1 is sick and I think has passed it along to her sister. We got up, changed sheets, read a book, listened to the stereo (she likes Placido Domingo -- good taste for a 2 y/o) and I gave her some Tylenol -- FINALLY at about 6:30 she went back to sleep. Only now it was time for her sister to get up. So, lets say I'm just a LITTLE BIT tired today!

Well, call Ripley and write it down in history -- my mother is coming today to spend two days helping me get my house in order for dh's return and for the movers on Monday! I had to look outside and make sure there were no pigs in the air! I think the reality that we are really moving far, far away is setting in. At this point, since I am moving and don't like when I don't talk to my mom for months, I will take what I can get and be grateful. (That's a good daughter, right?)

So, after the reading the Lean for Life thread, I was thinking of buying the book and trying it out. I like the fruit idea -- I sure miss it, especially with summer coming. I think I could eat strawberries until I started growing seeds on my body! LOL! (Wouldn't that be a sight to see?) I'll check it out when I get moved.

Well, right now I need to go start some laundry and feed the kids. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-08-2002, 03:39 PM   #8  

Where is the Lean For Life Thread?

L sorry about the bulley trouble...that is so true that we can't be happy if our kids are sad, and from what I can tell, it goes on for a mother's entire life time....we definatly deserve metals for what we do...especially living with our broken hearts!
Old 05-08-2002, 04:03 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Liz its under Diet Plans at the top of the forum list.

Leens !!!!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 04:09 PM   #10  

Thanks Leens...you rock! Liz

P.S. Is there anything that you do not know.
Old 05-08-2002, 04:24 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Liz, oh boy is that a loaded questions ROFLMFAO...okay the rest of you keep quiet

Leens
Old 05-08-2002, 06:32 PM   #12  
Only 150 lbs. to goal!

Default HELP

Hello Ruthxxx,
My name is MB. I am new to 3fatchicks and new to the forum concept. I just subscribed to this thread but I don't really know what that means. Can you fill me in on the forum and thread concept as well as what the site has to offer? Also, when do the Low Carb groups chat? I live in a very rural, very small town in NV, USA and have no overweight friends or even skinny friends who diet, if you can imagine. I'd love to hook up with some fellow dieters on line. Chat. Encourage. What ever is needed. Please let me know how this works and what time they'll be people in the low carb chat room. Thanks in advance.
MB
Quote:
Now is the time for all good women to come to the aid of their sisters!

Last edited by optimal_allusion; 05-08-2002 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:18 PM   #13  
Senior Chicky

Boy MB, have you come to the right place! We LOVE to chat, chatter, encourage, motivate, exchange info, as well as laugh and cry together! Welcome and looking forward to getting to know you better!

Liz~~Leens a know it all?

Leens~~

Stacey~~How did it go at the docs today?

jenni~~Hope dd is feeling better soon!

Goomba~~I think the only time we remember why we married our SHDH's is when they're in that kissing up mode! Mine is on day #2! (of kissing up that is!)

Ruth~~A shoulder orgasm? roflmao !! I want to be you when I grow up!

Of course SHDH just walked in the office so that ends my few quiet minutes before all the kiddos get here for the b-day celebration!

Hope everyone has a great evening!

J
Old 05-08-2002, 07:23 PM   #14  

Thumbs down It's Over!

well, i just turned in my last term paper for the semester. finals are all over and so i'm done with studying for awhile anyway! i'll still be working in field full time and i'm taking a distance ed course over the summer...but it's only ONE class--not FOUR or FIVE! So I should be cruising the rest of the summer

i had set my exercise routine aside these past two weeks while i studied and researched...and i noticed the slump in my weightloss :P So...now I have no excuses! I will start my tae bo workout back up tomorrow! i know it will make me feel better.

ateyah
Old 05-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #15  

Aaahhhhh, I'm back! I couldn't get in this morning or all day for that matter (thanks Ruth and Suzanne! ). Besdies, there wasn't much more going on, just carpet cleaning as usual. I have the entire living room area done now and I'm starting on bedrooms tomorrow. I'm really starting to hate looking at the steam cleaner now! LOL

Hope you all had a good day!