Old 03-04-2002, 06:23 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Monday, March 4

Good morning!

Monday again and back to work at that job I hate!

Nothing going on here, both kids have colds, hard not to when it is 70 degrees one day and 14 the next.....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-04-2002, 06:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Scooby. I know how hard it is to go to a job you hate. Maybe Lady Luck will smile one of these days and you will be able to change - or even retire!

Had something nice happen last night. My pal Bob came around with 4 huge containers of blooming paperwhites! He is off to Mexico and felt somebody should enjoy them. So I have glorious white flowers in kitchen, livingroom and bedrooms! I always forget to buy paperwhites in the fall to force. Will make a note for next October. Bob bought these at the same time he bought the 1500 tulip bulbs - the man does get carried away!

Not much on my Monday list. Miss Lucy goes for an anti-rabies shot today - would you believe we already have several cases in foxes and raccoons in the area! I am also going to schedule a shampoo, blow dry and manicure for later in the week. I will take her to Holly here in town to get her used to somebody but Mommy doing the deed. She will be going to the trainer for her proper Portie styling in another two weeks and I want her to behave. Unfortunately I do not like the kennel's trainer - she reminds me of Ilsa Queen of the SS! However, she can train and show. Lucy will not be shown for quite a while - right now she acts like a nutcase on the lead! So funny!

Will check in later. Gotta get the man and dogs fed.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #3  

Good FROSTY morning everyone! It's -21 degrees celcius--don't even watnt to think about farenheit rightnow--just COLD!! Have the day off today, yeah right, like mommies EVER get a day off!

Painted some more cabinets yesterday and hopefully I can finish up the white portion of the melamine today. I have to tape off again and pint the interior of the doors with yellow melamine--can hardly wait to get it done! Ohter than that, today is cleaning and reorganizing--when did my place start to look pack ratish?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:33 AM   #4  

Morning Ladies,

We have about 2 feet of snow and it is 1 F here this morning! I hope the weather warms up soon, even though I have enjoyed this winter, we have too many snotty noses in our house.

Tonight is our cub scout Blue & Gold Banquet. It had to be cancelled last month. I have been busy with programs, decorations, and food. I will be glad when it is all done.

Scooby, hate my job also! Wishing I was a sahm! I gotta go buy another lotto ticket, it is my only hope.

Ruth, Paperwhites? Not familiar with them.

Pooky, Melamine? I guess that I am just clueless today.

Welcome Goomba!

Have a great op day!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:45 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Paperwhites are a type of Narcissus that can be forced easily in the house in just gravel and water. The come in white and in yellow. I like to plant them on Boxing Day so I can have flowers before the February Funk sets in. Hey, maybe that's why February was so crummy this year - no paperwhites!

Hey Pooky - I think I have finally convinced DH that our kitchen cupboards would look good painted. What is it with men and "real wood"? The cupboards are pine which has darkened a lot and are sort gloomy. They also have black cast iron hardware! Am thinking of a light pinky shade like my counters. Whatcha doing next weekend? And Tippy is invited too as we will probably need to sand and strip before painting. And is Melamine a type of paint?

Just finally wrote that darn letter re resigning from the Habitat position. Whew! I feel like I have lost 10 pounds of blubber!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:21 AM   #6  
It's MY Life

Good Morning Everyone!! I have been gone so long I hope that my name still rings a bell!! I need to go through the last few days of posts and try to get caught up at least a little bit! How is DebKay doing? I have been thinking about her a lot!
Life here is at its usual frantic pace--between my school stuff, my very busy son's school stuff and just life, this computer gets lonely for me and I get lonely for you all!!! Dieting for me has stunk and I am getting nowhere with no one to blame but my self. I do great every day til about 5:00 and then the next few hours I just fall apart. Anyway, we have about 10 inches of new snow and a windchill of 20 below zero F. Last week it was 69 and we were grilling out! I have today off for some obscure holiday, but my DS has school so we were up early. He finished up basketball last Thursday by winning the Consolation Championship in a tourney and then started track on Friday. I am also proud to say that he has a part in the High School musical. I am always glad when he does stuff that is not solely revolving around sports. Anyway, I just wanted to stop and whine a little and get caught up a lot! Miss you guys!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:21 AM   #7  

I'd be happy to help, Ruth. Just so the cupboards don't have fifty-year-old varnish under layers of paint! That varnish has got to be the worst cr*p I have ever encountered. The colors you are thinking of sound very cheerful.
Am going to do some cleaning later, but I'm going to put the varnish remover on to soak awhile first. DH is home and he's working on the closet again. Tomorrow is shopping for lighting for the closet and picking up some fresh veggies and fruit.
The February funk was mentioned before. I truly believe that it is caused by lack of color and light. Next year, I'm going to buy flowers or force some bulbs. Maybe that will make me stop wanting to bite ankles!
Brat the cat is back to normal. Awful little animal! He likes to bite things...any things. My black purse has teeth marks on it as does my DH"s dressy work shoes. Some photos left out got his mark on them and so did the shower curtain liner. The list goes on and on. Did I ever post the story of the duct tape and DH's night stand?
Old 03-04-2002, 10:22 AM   #8  

Good Morning to everyone!!!
Well I must admit it is really chilly out ... but the good news is the snow missed us!! Yahoooooo!!! I have only had to shovel out once this year!! I personally feel the smog in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) deflects any snow that we could possibly get I was raised in Northern Ontario, Sudbury to be exact so the lack of snow is actually a bit weird to me.

Well today will be my lazy day .. take the dogs for a walk, some errands and clean out a few closets. I did however weigh myself this morning and to my suprize I have lost 10 lbs!! GO TEAM ME!!! I guess there is something to be said about Crystal Lite and minimal carbs / fat!!! I know that this won't keep up but for it being the last day of my period .. I think I did really well over the last week and a half!!

Ruth, from what I have read, I would assume that your breed and show dogs .. what breed?? I wish I could do that .. it would be my dream job!!! And yes Melamine is a type of paint .. its great I have even used it to paint bathroom countertops!!!

Well ladies have a rainbow day .. and keep smiling

Old 03-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon all,
Well busy day on the homestead. Contractor is pushing for all the work to be done by Wednesday or Thursday, just in time to leave on vacation! The upstairs bath is usable as of tonight so the kids can get out of my bathroom. YEAH!!!! The new bath should be on line tomorrow with just some shelves in the closet. The shower door man was here so I have to go confirm my order and that will take 2 weeks, but I will be gone anyway for that time. The tile man is coming to seal the tile today too. The painter will be done soon and I should be ready for the 35 I am expecting for Passover! OY am I run down. I am off to the plastic surgeon for a follow up from my surgery in October. I have to drop my pants and it is TOM so poor guy, and I still can’t wear undies! (Shhh don’t tell anyone!)…lol, but what can I do. I have to go.

Alright, maybe the stress levels will be gone by the end of the week, my stomach can’t take it.

Be well,
-L

PS Ruth the smell of Paper whites must be an acquired thing. I had some sent to me one year and it took me forever to figure out what the smell was in the house that wouldn’t go away. If I get any I will send them your way!
Old 03-04-2002, 01:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default GOOD AFTERNOON GANG

hey there!

Well we all survived our Disciple Now weekend and I have to say it was great! The 8 girls that stayed at our house were absolutely great and a blessing to be around!

I actually have more energy today then I did on Friday so you gotta know that God is Good!

My boss had a crawfish boil for his birthday yesterday afternoon and it was a real treat to go and just eat and visit with everybody - no work at all - just pure enjoyment. I have to say tho that I have never eaten crawfish in 30 degree weather before but that wasn't gonna stop me from eating those wonderful little bugs! haha We were inside a huge barn with lots of heaters so it was perfect!

I took off of work today so that I could get my house back together, but it really wasn't bad at all, but I do feel better knowing that it is all clean again - so silly I know!

Nowwwwwwwwww I have got to get myself back to eating healthy, lots of water, and not too many carbs and walk walk walk. Today is that day!

Hope to catch some of you guys in chat soon!

hugs, cathy
Old 03-04-2002, 01:31 PM   #11  

To Jenny and Ruth--yes, melamine is a type of paint that paints over countertop material and on that plastic coated stuff on cupboard doors. It was especially designed for this so the ugly almond colour that is on my doors now an finally go away! Ruth, send me a picture of your kitchen so I know what colours are there--do you have pink in the room? I think that the black accessories might be a bit much with an almost white door--might want to consider changing the hardware or spray painting it! There--the goddess of redecorating has spoken!
Old 03-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #12  

Hey Pooky, do you think that melamine would work on veneer? So many dressers these days have that yucky veneer surface, but are in serious need of sanding and paint to look decent!

WELCOME GOOMBA!!!!
You will love it here! This has got to be the most supportive group of genuine ladies I have ever encountered! If you ever need a thing, just speak up!

Hi Everybody!

Didn't make it here yesterday. Church, cleaning, kids, cars, dh. The list is endless and I couldn't believe the weekend was over when I went to bed last night. Whew!

Trying desperately to stay op. I seem to do ok, but I'm not eating any set meals, just sort of grazing all day long. And, forget the treadmill; it's back to collecting dust!

BUT....Wednesday is another day! (Tomorrow I have to go for 2 hr drive to get my expired registration taken of!)

Take it easy and I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!
Old 03-04-2002, 05:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs down Happy Monday!!

Froze my......well, froze nearly to death today. It's not 1 degree or anything, but it is chilly!! Probably get sick again, ugh. Why does mother nature do this to us??

Had a terrific and very productive day today, was able to clear a lot off my desk (and my mind, know what I mean?) and even the S***head boss was in a good mood. Must have taken his medication today!!

Pooky, I would love to know if that paint will work on my old ugly masculine looking dresser and chest of drawers. It's laminated or something, and it's awful! Would love to do some pastel something or other on there.....

Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday, too!
Old 03-04-2002, 06:11 PM   #14  

Hi!

Hey Chickadee! Just want ya to know that I really appreciated that tune you posted on Friday! That was very sweet and it is now hanging on my fridge and I have been singing it all weekend! Liked Davey, LOVED Mickey!

Speaking of singing! I did forty minutes on the treadmill today. My goal is to be able to do 40 minutes while singing my lungs out not gasping for air and of course not getting my feather boa caught in the treads...it ain't easy but it is a start!

Still op and enjoying it!

AdoAnnie, good to see you! I was just asking about you last week! I will pm you soon...if not tonight, tomorrow.

Dottie, boy, did you say the words I had to hear....you know, that Mike Piazza has a nice butt!" Good to have that confirmed by a reliable source! Hope you had a great time, eat lots of protein ok?

The big kid is having problems in school again conference on Wednedsay with his teacher...send good thoughts. I will keep him home tomorrow for a mental health day. He is just too pooped from wrestling. Conference for the little guy on Thursday, I think they are going to boot him out of that school for good behavior (how shocking!) and try to put him back in our neighborhood school for next year...I have such mixed feelings about that. I know they love him where he is and understand his special "quirks"

oh well!

the injuns are restless!
have a good night chickies!

peach
Old 03-04-2002, 08:16 PM   #15  

Default SAHM- without the M, sounds good to me!

It is sooo hard to go back to work after a vacation! Ugh, really hard. I could use about 2 years off. I am trying to tempt DH into wanting me to work less- I'll make you lasagna and garlic bread and other great dinners, I'll do housework, I'd even iron(well, I'll promise anything, I'm desperate!) He likes the idea of the garlic bread, but knows I am lying about the ironing.LOL

But, today was my second perfect day OP. Of course, as I have experienced about 50 times in the past 2 years, I feel much better. I always do. I am not too quick a learner, it seems. but at least, it is reliable. eat protein. drink water. there, I should embroider it onto a sampler!

Hi to each of you- Peach, goodforme, jenniwookie, Pooky, cathy, L, Goomba, Tippy, Annie, Ruth, Jenny,and Scooby! Nice and busy around here, it's great to see.

have a good night-
dottie