Old 01-24-2002, 11:48 AM   #1  

Angry I need suggestions

My Dr. suggested these guidelines for me to follow. 1200-1400 cal., 60 gm of carbs, & 30 gm of fat. I am having trouble eating my calorie limit without going over my carb limit. Yesterday's calories totaled 915. This morning for breakfast I ate half of what I ate yesterday, trying to keep my carb limit down. This means less calories, so my daily calories for today will possibly be even less than yesterday's. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to eat more calories without going over my carb limit. Thank you. Aleka
Old 01-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Aleka,

Wow, your diet sounds hard but I bet you lose weight like mad.

You can eat some veggies with maybe some onion dip (just a little because you have to watch your fat intake).....Some cheese (regular) How about some turkey or chicken. If you like beef jerkey they have some in stores thats LOW fat and no carbs or very very low carbs.

How about a low fat beef patty with some tomatoes on it, a dab of katchup, lettuce, dill pickle.

Hope it helps !
Love Leens
Old 01-24-2002, 05:27 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Gosh 60 grams of carbs is a lot!! I have been taking in what you need with 30 grams of carbs. I do have a self imposed tough diest as I am trying tolimit my fats. post a few days worth of meals and lets see if I can help or some of the ohter girls too. we all have been doing low carb we can see where you can cut back.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:47 AM   #4  

Smile Thank you for your suggestions,

nasus40~The first day on this WOE I had 1 cup cantaloupe chunks and 1/2 cup cottage cheese for breakfast, that had a total of 12 carbs. So the next morning to cut back on the carbs I had 1/2 cup cantaloupe chunks and the 1/2 cup cottage cheese. For lunches I've been having slices of an egg fritatta I made. To bring the calories up on the fritatta I put a little more cheese on it and some turkey pepperoni. I've been having meat and vegetables for supper, and there are carbs in vegetables too. This is basically what I am eating.

leens~Thank you for your suggestions. I love cheese and that hamburgh patty sounds great!
Old 01-26-2002, 09:03 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well One thing I would knock out the cantelope. not much flavor for the carbs. how about some berries. strawberries, blue berries blackberries rasberries??? you can get the frozen kind without sugar. when eating carb stuff if you subtract the fiber from the carb count you get what is called ECC (effective carb count) as the fiber had a negliagable effect on the insulin levels. One thing i eat and really enjoy is soft boiled eggs, and have fiber one cereal in it. that has 24 carbs per 2/3 cup and 14 fiber so i usually have 1/3 cup in it. it adds texture and a crunch as if i was eating poached eggs on toast. it is really good. you also can eat 2 whites (scoop the yolk out) and one whole egg that will knock out much fat and give you extra protein, fiber and some wholesome carbs. veggies eat all you want, but try to limit the squash peas and corn. those are very high in carbs. (yellow squash like hubbord and butternut) zucchini and summer are very good for you.

I do the hamburger thing and put it between 2 large chunks of lettuce. it is delishious that way. One big this is to eat it is actually hard to eat extra food on this dies.

now there are soeveral things that you will find in the recipe section here that is great.

some of my favorite is faux rice pudding - cottage cheese pack of blue sugar dribble of cream and cinnomon and dribble of vanilla. that is a great desert.

Plug your food in a online food conter during the day to see how you are doing as far as calories and your numbers are going www.fitday.com there is one you can down load a trial version which is very good www.lifeform.com the whole program cost 40 for the deal. but I do like the program it can graph everything for you.

continue sending us some menues and we can see what we can do.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:15 PM   #6  
banned

i lost 5 pounds week1 and i dont count anything, not even carbs