Old 10-06-2001, 07:28 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default 10/6-7 Weekend thread

I can not believe i am starting this. hey all of you chickens up the coffee is on and strong.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:30 AM   #2  
Big Loser

It sure is strong Nasus, I forgot to put sweet n low in my husbands and he about choked to death on his first cup!!!

Rainy and dismal in Tennessee today. I am going to do a few flylady things and go get my nails done!! We had 2 BIG trees fall in the woods behind the house last night scared me, they are now precariously balanced on te hill, DH will be performing as Paul Bunyon again later today and cutting wood.

I am rereading my CAD and CALP book. I am setting myself a goal of 10 lbs by Thanksgiving. I think that is reasonable and attainable. along with that I am going to strive for 10 glasses of water a day and exercise 4x perweek. We will see how it goes.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!
Old 10-06-2001, 08:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Crappy Weather this a.m. so ...

.... I really need another coffee! Yesterday was rainy but mild and today it is rainy and 33F! I took my 12 pies to the Mill Sale before 8 - 4 sold to the workers as soon as I brought them in!

Am going to do some domestic stuff today and then turn into Mary Poochkins . My friend Morna is taking four dogs to a big show in Montreal and has entrusted me with dog sitting for the other 6 who she leaves at home. Montreal is a 4 hour drive and she was planning to commute because she had nobody to look after the darlings. So I am moving in there this evening for the weekend. It's a gorgeous house - I'll try to post the url. http://www.cedarplace.com/tantallon/ Can you imagine a pack of dogs in this house? LOL! But they have the run of it most of the time.

Hope that worked. I will lounge in luxury and maybe even get in some practice on one of the five pianos. Harry is going to stay home and look after the Little Mother because seven dogs and Harry might be a bit much!

So, if you don't see me around, that's where I am. If I can find where she hides her computer in all that Victorian luxury, I'll post from there.
Old 10-06-2001, 12:37 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Crapy weather here this am to but its now sunny and beautiful out 65 degrees and its 12:35 pm.

I'm on my 2nd HUGE mug of coffee....had a piece of turkey and cheese.
Got a little sore throat this am, think its the wacky weather (but then everyone's had colds around here)...hope its not a cold or the baby will catch it....OY!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a WONDERFUL Weekend Ladies..........
Love, Leens
Old 10-06-2001, 04:41 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

Got home from Scotland last night and found house absolutely sparkling. DH had hired someone to clean it all up nice for me. I also found a new car in the garage. He had mentioned perhaps trading in our car but I never dreamed he'd buy a brand new Chev Impala while my back was turned. All I REALLY want is a nice runabout that I can haul shrubs and trees and bags of compost around in. No such luck. Better not complain though.
Gosh it was nice to have a bath in my own lovely whirlpool tubby last night. Those tubs in Scotland are too narrow for my big caboose. Also, wonderful to sleep in my own comfy bed. Europeans just don't know how to make beds, I think. Like sleeping on a table top usually. Otherwise, we had a marvelous time and I enjoyed just about every minute of our stay.
I haven't weighed yet. I will probably wait for my usual Friday WW weigh-in, but I do believe I've lost an inch or two, especially in upper legs and bottom. I am definitely going to continue walking every day and will try to continue doing some climbing as well. Now that I'm feeling a bit fitter, I'd hate to lose it again.
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians.
Old 10-06-2001, 06:07 PM   #6  

Default Morning!

Well, not really morning...
You know I wrote yesterday and then something happened when I tried to post it. I couldn't be bothered writting again!

Speaking of coffee...how do you all make those protein shakes w/ coffee? Curves has a great tasting shake but I wanted to try it that way so instead of 8oz. of skim milk I put about 5 of milk and 5 of cold coffee (left over from the morning and refrigerated) is that how you're all doing it? (BTW: it was pretty good! )

Ruth- I envy you getting away...I kind of resent my husband moving out (even if I DID ask him to! ) because he gets to go home after work and eat, sleep and do whatever he wants while I'm going crazy with 5 kids, 3 dogs and a cat!! Isn't there a saying, "be careful what you ask for..."?
(I know it's not "fun" for him though...)

Well, I really fell off today, started off good: protein shake, then an omelet, then a burger (no bun) but then....
a handful of peanut m&ms, some swedish fish and KFC spicy chicken wings w/ a few wedges. I'm gonna eat some kettle corn tonight (I haven't had any in 2 mos!) and just start again tomorrow. I've been good for sooo long.....
Guess it's TOM, the seperation, and getting this new Curves ready to open (Oct. 22nd!!)

Hope you all are stayin OP. Hang in there!
Old 10-06-2001, 08:58 PM   #7  

My new nephew is here!!! I drove down yesterday like a wild thing--3 1/2 hours to the hospital only to end up waiting for my nephew's grand entrance at 11:33 pm. They named him Ashton Rain and he weighed in at 7 pounds 14 ounces. Mom and baby are doing just great and my brother hasn't stopped crying for joy! Here's a pic of the new wee one, just 45 minutes old!
Old 10-07-2001, 07:10 AM   #8  
Big Loser

Happy Sunday to all!!

Pooky the baby is beautiful!!!Iam sure you SIL is relieved, now the fun starts !!!!

Going to the early church this morning DS is going to SUnday school, first time at our new church for him should be interesting. DD is staying home with her Daddy.

Not much else planned. Hope everyone else has a spectacular fall day!!
Old 10-07-2001, 05:52 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Awwwwwwww the baby is cute!!!!!!!
Gee he makes my 6 week old look OLD ... lololol.

Leens
Old 10-07-2001, 06:51 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pooky what a beautiful baby!!! they must be jumping for joy!

Mumto5 all of us have a bad time near TOM it is the hormones that are getting the better of us. especially at high stress times. I know that i wish that i could just shoot my DH for being able to come home and sit!

Linda glad to have you back! and glad that the vbisit was great. keep up the exercise. i can not believe that you have gotten skinnier ON VACATION great going!!!

Leens watch it. i have the cold!!! it does not gfeel good. take care of the little one so she does not get it!

Ruth how is Mary Poochkins????