Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Teeth: implant or bridge?

I’m not sure where to put this but figured you feel better and look nice w teeth, so why not!

I have a question for all of you who have one or the other or both. I have two teeth I have to replace, one more urgent then the other. I have been given the option for the one side as implant only - teeth neighbors are an existing crown and a good tooth- no damage. The other tooth to do is neighbored by teeth that have existing fillings one worse then the other. That one I have been given the following options besides doing nothing once the tooth is out:

implant: but risk risk potential for the neighbor teeth to need to be crowned in future and have the ongoing issue and cost

bridge - grind neighbor teeth and crown and make a permanent bridge cost is about the same as an implant

partial - cheapest (no thanks I feel this may cause future issues w the jaw and I don’t relish taking my teeth out nightly)

so if any of you that have a bridge or implant let me know if you are happy with it, glad you did it or problems you have encountered. I’m leaning toward the bridge due to the one neighbor tooth and amount of fillings; but I’m afraid of the bridges life expectancy, food catching, and future issues as I age.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-29-2018 at 08:57 PM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I don't know much about either. I have crowns but no implants or permanent bridge. I would ask the dentist to address your concerns about the bridge and long term possibilities before you make the final decision. Hope all goes well!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have a bridge. I had to have one of my front teeth pulled (the nerve had died) and because of the cost I chose the cheaper option - the bridge. Because it was a front tooth I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the right shade to go with (there are a lot of them). It looks ok, not a spot on match but pretty good. I had one issue fairly early on. I was eating a granola bar and the bridge came out. I had to wear the temporary bridge until I could get to the dentist. He used a different bonding agent and it hasn't been a problem since that time. The best part to me was the cost compared to an implant and the worst part is that I can't eat apples without cutting them up first, lol. I don't know much about implants so I can't speak to that but my bridge has served me well.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for the replies! I’m just concerned I’ll make the wrong decision and spending that much money in ones teeth you hope to make the right one. My two big concerns are the teeth I bridge to and the ongoing care and cleaning under said bridge. If I can get over that then maybe the way for me to go.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

The cleaning is actually easy! My bridge is fixed on one side only so dental floss goes on the unfixed side up and over as far as I can get it. I don't know if all bridges are installed that way but my dentist explained that by attaching just one side it would allow it to have some give while I'm eating. He said otherwise it puts a lot of stress on the bridge and it can cause trouble (I hope I explained that correctly!). Ultimately I would go with what your dentist recommends. My dentist was very thorough when explaining my options so make sure you are satisfied with the info your dentist gives you. Either option is a lot of money so make sure you have everything you need to make your decision.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:41 AM   #6  

Thanks for the information.
jamesdahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote