Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default It’s time for spring! What do you see yourself in?

Ok, winter is a drag in the upper Midwest today - who needs windchills -25 below? So I’ve been thinking spring time and changing up my wardrobe a bit - thinking of what might be nice to try or add to my closet. So I’m opening it up to you all - what do you think might add some spice to your journey and changing shapes?

Maybe we can share some ideas, trends, or thoughts on what type of clothing will make us feel good and maybe spur each other on to make a nice change to our same old items.

Look forward to your replies.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #2  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if it'll be warm enough by spring (this may be more of a summer fantasy), or if I'll be small enough by spring/summer, but I'd love to just chill in shorts and a tank top. At my high weight I always had to agonize over what to wear that wasn't super uncomfortable, not too hot yet not too revealing (tanks were out because I'm extremely lumpy when I'm obese and am uncomfortable with accentuating it), etc. It was just so complicated that I'd love to just go simple and enjoy the warmer weather.
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #3  

I haven’t even thought of sleeveless! I did already get to do a dry run to summer having just come back from Florida. I had made a few new pair of shorts for that trip. It was nice to not have to totally alter a sewing pattern and I got to use a smaller size then years past.

I think for myself I’m looking to try a wrap dress and maybe a 1/2 circle skirt. I have lost weight enough that maybe I won’t feel as bottom heavy as I have been in the past. I also want to try some patterns or prints for my lower - again that has been avoided because I have always felt lots larger in the past.

And color. I hope to add some colors that are brighter.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #4  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Cute ideas! And it's so cool that you can make your own clothing pieces!
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #5  

Hopefully this thread flowers with ideas. I enjoy gathering ideas to look at and try. What’s everyone’s view on a cropped pant? I’m in my mid 40s so I need to be mindful of too young fashions. I have been looking around via what people post of current fashions I find I like bits and pieces. The skinny jean I’ve done but it’s just not really me (can I say I only see hips and my calves)?! I would only wear them with a tunic/longer length top so what’s the point. But I am also noticing those ladies that post their fashions also tend to stay in the same type of outfits - just different colors or a little bit different styling - I’d love to say mix it up a bit more please!

Chanticleer: It looks like you are close to your goal. Good for you! Then you should have lots of fun finding all sorts of things to add to your wardrobe.

Does anyone have any go to places for ideas or inspiration?

And one of my top items on my list is to get a well fitting bra to get through the next bunch of numbers. Let me tell you - finding you will fit into a new bra size is exciting until you realize that with the changing body you find you currently will fit in an odd only available at a more expensive size - ugh - we’ll it is something new!
Old 02-07-2018, 12:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/136/125-130

Lemonthyme, I think if you want to rock cropped pants you sure can! I wear them at 28 years and I have a great aunt in her 70s who always wears cropped pants and she looks fabulous in them. They can be great for any age.

I have no idea what this will entail, but I graduate in early May and will need to find a new dress for that, so I'm looking forward to finding a new dress I look great in. Which is always a fun goal for me, because I'm not much of a dress person :P
fofo_bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am in my 70s and I love cropped pants. I am very comfortable wearing them. I think it depends on the individual and how you are built, what you wear with them. Some have a wider leg and those are the ones I like rather than the thinner tapered ones. Age shouldn't matter.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/200/160

Height: 5' 6"

I am going to get a whole new wardrobe for Spring/Summer. I have a few things for early spring, but nothing for summer. I really want a couple of cute dresses, and some pastel colored jeans. I don't know what the colors are going to be this spring, but I am hoping for some green. I hope that I will have the legs to good good in shorts this summer, too.
DiveChick is offline   Reply With Quote