Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/278/150

Height: 5*3

Default Bathing Suit Advice Please?

Can someone please give me advice on buying a swimsuit? I don't have any large family members or friends so I have nobody to really ask. We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks and I still haven't found a suit. I wear a size 24 and my bra is a 40H so I really want something that will actually hold my boobs up.
ReeseJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Swimsuits usually have useless bras. Those with underwires can be decent, but if they're cut too low (which most of them are), you risk your boobs slipping out, right over the top with any activity more strenuous than sunbathing.

I recommend wearing your own bra under your suit - fullbeauty.com sells a swimsuit bra. I bought one. It is a strapless underwire, with detachable and adjustable straps that can be reconfigured in a variety of ways. It also comes with a set of transparent straps. It's made of quick dry fabric and has a thin silicone band along the top edge, which adheres to your skin enough to keep the "girls" from going AWOL.

If you have very delicate or sensitive skin, the band isn't very comfortable, and it's not the easiest bra to put on without help if you don't have the dexterity to put on a bra properly. The no-slip features make it nearly impossible to hook the bra in the front and then slide the bra right side around (as I need to do).

It's wonderful though for strapless swimsuits (and dresses. I wore it under my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding last summer).

A less expensive, more comfortable option is any of your favorite regular bras, but you'll need to take along a few extra, because they can take longer to dry.

For swimming, I like cotton jersey (t-shirt) knit bras, especially the front-hook style. Fullbeauty.com I believe carries only to G, but in my experience, the unpadded jersey bras almost always tend to run about one cup larger than other bras, so there's a good chance that a 40G would fit well, or you might want to try a 42G.

Fullbeauty and swimsuitsforall.com have a lot of nice suits, and both sell separates which is very convenient if your top and bottom are different sizes (I'm a size 26-28 on top and a size 32-34 bottom, so I'm of course partial to separates.

I also like separates, because of the mix and match options. Also, tops seem to wear out faster than bottoms, so when I buy a new piece (top or bottom), I like it to match the other pieces I have already. Black bottoms print tops (with a little black in the print) are my personal favorites. With a matching or coordinating bra, even if the straps show, they will look like part of the swimsuit.

If you can, I'd recommend getting two tops and two bottoms (or two suits) so you can avoid or limit the need to wriggle into a wet suit while you're on vacation. One suit can be drying, while you're wearing the other.

Bcoutlet.com (fullbeauty's sale and clearance website) sometimes has AWESOME
swimsuit sales and both sites have great sale promotion codes (20-50% off) they'll email to you if you register to the site.

Wearing your own bra really increases your swimsuit options, and I find it really helps boost self-confidence and minimizes self-consciousness because you feel like your normal, clothed self in the water, not like you're wearing a swimsuit or nightgown.

Last edited by kaplods; 04-12-2015 at 09:05 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #3  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Echoing kaplods on swimsuitsforall! They have a lot of super cute & fashionable choices for plus sized ladies. Thank god!!
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote