Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #1  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Default Considering Clarisonic

So I'm really into pampering myself these days and I'm considering purchasing a Clarisonic.

Does anyone have one or have experiences with one (good or bad)? What model do you use? Which brush head(s) do you use? Did you use it for face only, or face and body?

Thanks! I really want one, but want to know real experiences before shelling out that kind of $$$.

Thanks!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't have the Clarisonic, but received the DDF Revolve 400x for my birthday and absolutely love it!
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I used to have it (got it as a gift) and it broke. Make sure you get it from a store that would stand behind their product. I did love it but I don't recall the model or brush. It left my skin very soft. On the other hand, I've read that it's really bad to exfoliate more than 2-3 x week (according to Dermatologists).
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

I love mine ! I've had my mia for 3 months now and its made a huge diffrence in my skin texture, I have massive pores on my cheeks, nose, and chin. I'm genetically cursed with very bad skin but the mia has really helped to soften the texture of my skin and shrink my pores down to a reasonable size. I just choose the original mia because the beeping and stuff that come on the other models would get annoying after a while. I use the delicate brush head. i tried the deep pore, normal, and sensitive brushes but they were all far to abrasive for my skin, they would leave it red in a some spots. if you do decide to purchase one get it right from the clarisonic store. Some people on amazon and ebay have been selling knock offs that end up breaking after 2 or 3 months of use.

Last edited by Tibbits2u; 06-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Tibbits2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

It didn't work for me. It actually caused terrible breakouts that took a while to clear up. My dermatologist told me that it can actually spread bacteria around your face, and those that are acne prone might break out from it. Once I stopped using it, my skin got better.
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I have very acne prone skin and I love mine. I have the mia (not sure which brush head). They take a little bit of maintenance b/c you have to clean and charge it regularly, however I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. I feel like it's just a deeper clean, which keeps my pores from clogging as much as they used to. The lady I bought it from suggested I use it twice a day, however I found even once a day to be too much. I only use it every other day or so and that seems to be enough exfoliation for me. Ultimately, if you have the money I'd say it's worth it.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/150's/140's

Height: 5'6.5

I got the Olay Pro-X face brush, I use it every night to make sure I get all the makeup/grit and grime off my face! I have a T-zone complexion, and I've found that it makes my skin smooth without over-drying or being too abrasive on the dryer parts of my face. There are lots of comparisons/reviews to the Clarisonic on youtube as well.
tofulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/140

Height: 1.69m

Are any of you using it as part of a natural skincare routine? I have dry and sensitive skin and always hear you should not exfoliate so often, so I am wondering if the clarisonic is harsh to the skin and how it works with oil cleaning method for example.
Andee3112 is offline   Reply With Quote