Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Can I get a SLEEVE please???

Is it just me? I can not be the only plus-size woman who wants a dang SLEEVE, thank you very much! And if not a sleeve, a layering piece. SOMETHING. Are there really that many plus size women running around in tube tops and halter tops? Do other women not need bras???

I wear like 90% dresses in the summer but this year, I can not find a cute dress with a sleeve! Even tops DO NOT HAVE SLEEVES and other than a denim jacket (thank you, Pinterest, I get it. Everything should have a denim jacket and either a chunky necklace or scarf but I live in the deep south and it's already hitting 90 by 10 am) there are no reasonable layering pieces. I am so over trying to find clothes.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I noticed this too. This season even wedding gowns are 90% strapless/ sleeveless. summer dresses too. I prefer a tiny cap sleeve.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I bought a beautiful dark blue strapless, summer maxi dress on clearance last year. Hubby tried to talk me out of it, " but you never wear sleeveless in public..", but I said, "I'll buy or make a top/jacket."

I've been hunting for a light-weight short-sleeved bolero or cropped cardigan, and can't find anything that matches or coordinates in a color I like AND fits AND will be comfortable for summer.

I bought a few patterns yesterday, but didn't have time to shop for fabric.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I feel your pain! And I'm sad to say this didn't get better for me once I reached goal. After being obese my whole life, my upper arm skin is definitely loose and (to me) needs to be hidden. Whenever I do find shirts I like with good sleeves, I buy multiples in different colors. I also wear cardigans a lot.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

Height: 5'5"

Oh me too! I'm looking for something nice to wear to my daughter's graduation ceremonies and there is not a darn thing with sleeves. It will be the end of June and it will be hot and I don't want to be wearing a sweater over top of whatever I buy. I do see lots of bigger people going sleeveless and I think they look fine but it is not for me.
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #6  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

I know exactly what you mean...the lack of sleeved items drives me nuts! Even half sleeves or three-quarter sleeves would work for me. I'm like JenMusic. Whenever I find something with sleeves that I like, I tend to buy a few, since they're few and far between.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote