Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Default Specific bra recommendations?

Okay. Here's my deal. I need a new solid color nude bra for under T-shirts and low cut shirts. This is the list of things the bra needs to have:

-Minimal coverage. Full coverage and T-shirt bras cover too much and I wind up looking like a flat chested girl trying on mom's molded bra. Balconettes look and support me the best, which brings me to my next bit..
-Low center gore. I have a lot of low cut shirts and the gore on balconettes come up a little too high.
-Either minimal cup seams or no cup seams. Seams are pretty visible when shirts are tight on the girls.
-Padding. Doesn't have to be a lot. I have a pierced nipple and I do not like to advertise that to the world through a thin bra.

To give you an idea of my size (I haven't measured recently), I have a 36DD and 36E that are FAR too small and my 38F Freya Deco fits in the band but the cups really have a ton of space. Side note about the Deco, too much coverage for me. Underwires dig in too but the gore is good.

Should I try the Freya Deco half cup? Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

I have the Feya Deco underwire molded half cup.
Hides my pierced nipples, doesn't show under low cut shirts, I haven't noticed the seams. I usually wear a 36E but for this bra I have it in a 36F.

I just discovered Herroom.com, they have a little side thing where you can see what the bra would look like under different cuts of shirts.
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

My everyday are Lane Bryant balconettes til I shrink out of them - I'm currently in their smallest band (36). I have a couple of their cotton plunge bras for lower cup tops - they're seamless and padded. What I don't like is that I seem to spill to the center in them. They might be worth a look at, though.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #4  

Soma. They are expensive, but worth every penny to me. They have a unlined, front closure that sucks in "back fat".
CosmosHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I also suggest professional bra fitting -- I came out with a completely different bra size by several sizes. Wannabeskinny's got a good suggestion to look for the boutiques, but Nordstrom's also has good people. You'll pay more than you ever have for a bra, but you can buy just one and, with a little luck, do better shopping on your own in the future.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Can I suggest that you go get properly fitted for a bra by a professional? And I don't mean Victoria's Secret! When I did it was the best thing I ever did. I came to find out what kind of bras worked best and guess what? I thought I was a 38DD when I was actually a 36G!! I was way off the mark. These professionals don't normally work in chain stores, they work in more hole-in-the-wall old fashioned lingerie stores, somewhere where your grandma might be shopping but don't let these places food you, these girls know how to handle your girls lol! They'll most likely just look at you and know what size you are it's amazing.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #7  

Oh, I know my bra size! I measure myself. All of the bras I mentioned fit perfectly when I bought them but through weight gain and loss none of them fit anymore. I use to think I was a 38C but then when I learned on this forum how to measure I measured myself and found I was a 36DD at the time. My bra size changes like crazy with my weight. Just in the last month I've lost 4 inches from my bust. I'm currently a 38E, measured last night lol.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Daki; 03-22-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #8  

I have bras from Soma. They have an unlined low plunge front closure that sucks in back fat.
CosmosHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

Height: 5'3"

I would try this: http://www.herroom.com/parisa-fe-pt1...unge-bra.shtml or this (push-up version): http://www.herroom.com/parisa-fe-pt1...h-up-bra.shtml

I just got the pt1025 & love it. I just posted more about the fit on this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...lunge-bra.html .
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #10  

Thanks Amy! I already bought the Freya Deco half cup (It's almost what I wanted but not quite). I will certainly bookmark these for next time. Which should probably be in like a month haha. The only bad thing about finally wearing bras that fit is I can't stand it when they fit badly anymore. It's gunna make me broke =)
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/182/165

Height: 5'6"

FWIW I second the Lane Bryant balconette.

Not sure if they have one that's as smooth as you'd like but it's worth checking and they have frequent BOGO sales.
greengirl536 is offline   Reply With Quote