Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Anyone else have a hard time accepting smaller sizes?

I am still walking around in clothes that I know are too big for me, which, of course, does nothing to flatter me. But I just feel self-conscious when I wear something form fitting or something that shows a body part I am not confident about. (I don't have a problem showing off parts of my body I like... just the parts I don't like.) As a result, most of my clothing is probably at least a size too big.

Anyone else struggle with this? How do you get over the hump and finally get into clothes that fit?
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I find that once I lose some weight, the old clothes feel more comfortable to me, and remind me of my accomplishment. When I put on clothes that once again fit, it serves to remind me of how far I have to go still. So sometimes I will wear the poorly fitted clothes, even though I know they look like I found them in the dumpster and just put them on. You know: butt all sagging down, crotch of pants pointing out, thighs wadding up, shirt hanging like a sheet, etcetera.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #3  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

same problem...

Know what I did, although it's drastic? I bought a few smaller things that I know fit, but are not as comfortably baggy or as hiding as my old stuff and donated all of my bigger stuff.

That way it FORCES me to wear better fitting items, or I'd be wearing nothing at all.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I had no problem getting into clothes that fit. When I reached goal I went on the mother of all shopping trips. I overdid it a bit and now I have too many clothes but I was so ecstatic to buy clothes that were not labeled xtra large or that I could buy in the regular department of a regular store.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

Dr. Phil says to throw out clothes that are too big for you. Then if you gain weight you will be naked.

he probably says nekkid though.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I am a cheap that happened to have an affinity to the wardrobe I established at my former size. I chose a couple of nice pieces that I just couldn't give away and had them tailored. Getting one item tailored will show you exactly how far you've come and still allow you to wear your former armor, just modified if you don't feel strong enough to let the go quite yet.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #7  

I can totally relate to your problem, I feel uncomfortable wearing fitted clothes as well. You could just take it slow: tight jeans and a baggy sweater or comfy pants and a fitted top. Maybe it just takes time, go shopping and try on clothes you really like. If you buy really cute clothes it's more likely you'll wear them. Dresses are also a great option, because you can go for flared ones that hide your hips but are tight on your chest and waist. They're feminine and very flattering.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

I have only lost 19 pounds so far but the last few pairs of pants I bought were already slightly big because the smaller size was just too tight and I really needed pants for work. So now having lost the 19 lbs I had to go down two sizes because I really looked like I was wearing someone elses pants. And as side note I'm also down one top size as well. YAY ME!!!
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I don't know what it was, but a switch flipped inside me one day and now I'm fine wearing tight stuff. It's good because now I stop getting the "you're too thin" comments. I looked so tiny in the baggy stuff.

I still have a hard time accepting the fact that I'm a 0,1, or 2. I was told for years that I "just wasn't built that way" and that I should hope to be that thin in another life or something like that.

I can eyeball my size again, at least. That was always nice to be able to do.

Today I went to a store where the clothes are cheap but there is no dressing room. After searching around I find a nice pair of size 1 shorts. I bought them and brought them home, kind of uneasy that they would fit, despite the fact that I have several pants in sizes 0 and 1.

I started to pull them on and remembered thinking "oh crap wtf is wrong with me? Size 1?? You are delusional they will never fit!!"

Well they did. They fit perfectly actually!

Even though I can see my size, that stupid label is giving me anxiety. Even my mom thought I was crazy until I put the damn things on.

Last edited by sontaikle; 04-12-2012 at 08:28 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote