Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default How close to maitanance did you start buying your goal wardrobe?

Basically that question above.

Why I'm asking... We're going to Germany in Jan. I figure if I lose about 4-5 lbs/month before that that I have a good chance of being close to my main goal of 155lbs. After that I'll be in my reevaluate where I want to be mode. So I could stop at 155lbs or I could end up going down to 140, I'm not sure yet.

However, buying clothes locally is extremely hard! I'm very curvy and they have absolutely no clothes here for women with larger busts. Jeans/pants I can find but they are still much more expensive than what I'd pay in Germany. So... I'm wondering if It would be worth it to buy clothes there? I ask now because then I'd like to start saving up if that was the case. On the other hand, I don't want to drop a bunch of money there if I then up going down a size or two...

What did other people do? When did you start buying your goal wardrobe?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I'm 7 lbs from goal, but on a short person such as myself that can make a big difference in clothing size ^_^

I think it's a tiny bit risky to buy clothes for goal since you don't know where the lost weight will come from. I always considered myself hourglass-shaped until about 5 lbs ago, when I shrunk a cup size! I'm definitely a pear, with a bottom half destined to be more stubborn to shrink than my top.

That said... clothes that "almost fit' you at 155 surely will look quite good at 140! A couple pounds ago I bought a pair of jeans that are too tight to be good for my circulation; I can barely get them on. I certainly think in 7 lbs they'll fit pretty well.... we'll see.

So it's a bit of a risk, but it's a fun motivator, so why not
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/136/125ish

Height: 5.6

I'm 10lbs from goal and still digging through the back of my closet to find my "skinny Paints" I'm not spending any money on clothes till i hit my goal
It's ALL OR NOTHING
tethatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I waited until I was at goal and then went on the mother of all shopping sprees.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I've already started to get some nice clothes than I did for the rest of this journey. I figure I'll be in this size for longer than the previous sizes and I've started a Sunday job and plan to start looking for a weekday job soon. I wanted clothes that fit and would look nice because when I feel I look as good as I can, I feel better about myself and do better at interviews, work, etc.

So, I bought quite a bit in size 12 (a few tight 10s) and I figure that might be my last size or 10 will be. I cannot imagine getting any lower than 165 and that's just in 15 more pounds.

However, you are further from your goal than that AND I know you want to try for another baby. That makes it tougher. I would probably get a little bit, but not much.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

how quickly are you changing clothing sizes at this point? If it's still taking 15 or more lbs, then you probably would be ok to buy a few more things at 155 and that should fit or maybe need just some small alterations at 140.

But if you are changing sizes every 5-10, then chances are there will be a big enough difference between 140 and 155 that it would not be worth it to buy more than just a few new things.

Also, pregnancy can change the shape of your body even afterwards. I think you may have 1 already? but even a subsequent pregnancy can do things that a first pg doesn't. So you might get to 140, then get pg, then get back down to 140 again but still not fit into the same clothes as before.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #7  
Just do it

S/C/G: 157/152/137

Height: 5'4"

I'm getting the size 8 pants after losing 5 lbs. I want the 8's to feel as tight as the 10's did a few weeks ago, and then loosen up the 8's sticking with the program. yay!!!
BlissBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #8  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the advice. I didn't realize that my body could change its shape once again after having a second baby. I mean, I figured more stretch marks were certainly possible but I didn't even think about carrying weight differently! We *might* not TTC right away the second I hit 155 (or 140) for that matter. We have some work related things that I'll need to be able to travel abroad for in 2012 so we're going to have to plan around those to make sure I'm not too pregnant when that happens. So no set dates yet but that means there could be some time between me hitting my goal and getting pregnant (no clue how long it will take to get pregnant either..).

It sounds, though, like it will be better for me to hold off a bit before I go on any major shopping sprees. Sigh... I will still buy some things there just because it's going to be a lot cheaper but I'll try not to go crazy.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I don't know... if you might be the same size for about a year, to me that justifies having a decent wardrobe. I am a person who feels good when I dress well. I couldn't go all taht time wearing 'eh' clothes when I've worked so hard on a new body. Just look for sales (do they have such things abroad as much as here?) and/or buy a few special pieces you can enjoy.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

On a short person like me, just 3 pounds make all my clothes fit very differently. I've had to go out and buy new things, because else I wouldn't have any jeans or pants to wear.

Also, dresses are good, I've discovered. I've had two dresses that have lasted me through 19 pounds down. It's easier to pull off a too big dress than it is pants or shirt.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote