Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #16  

Height: 5'2"

Nope. I sweat it all off and if I don't take it off before my workout, I end up looking like a raccoon because my mascara has melted all around my eyes!
mlk58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #17  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

If I work out first thing in the morning, no.

If I work out in the evening, after work, when a lot of classes are held at my gym, then yes, because I put on makeup for work.

Recently, in fact, I had to give some thought to the makeup question. One of the young, beautiful girls who works the front desk at my gym -- that's the only type they seem to hire ;-) -- covered for a coworker's evening stint for a change. This girl is usually working only mornings. So she got to see me walk in, wearing full "work drag." She blurted out: "You look so good in make-up! You should always wear it!" I laughed at the time, but on reflection, afterward, thought: Ouch, ouch, ouch. And I actually debated whether I ought to start putting something on.

As I was debating, I took a good look around me at the women at my gym. Lots of them wear makeup to class. Lots & lots of them. It has to do with the demographic that my gym primarily targets.

Anyway, I haven't, so far.

BTW, personally, I don't find that makeup clogs my pores. My skin is better now than it's ever been. Maybe my changed nutrient intake, my increased water intake,my annoyingly time-consuming skin care regimen or my calmed-down hormones (who knows?) have offset the combination of sweat & liberally applied water-based foundation. And I do sweat like a horse, so it's not that I just glow or don't work very hard at the gym.

Last edited by saef; 05-04-2011 at 04:20 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #18  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Last week, after a Zumba class, I noticed that one of the ladies had sparkly eye shadow on and a bright red lipstick. She looked very nice (dark, almost black hair). I thought, maybe I should put more effort into my appearance before I go to the gym.
Then reality quickly kicked in. As saef says, "I sweat like a horse", especially when I am doing cardio. My Zumba class is very, very fast paced and because I am very fair-skinned, I usually end up with a red face (heart attack, here I come!) afterwards. Also, I swear that the amount of sweat I produce on my entire body is only a fraction of what I produce on my face. I sweat terribly around my hairline and in Zumba, I do need to have a small towel to wipe off my face in between songs.
So, my makeup consists of mascara only (which I have on anyway). Surprisingly enough, even though I sweat in my face so much and the mascara is not water resistant, it does not smudge. It's the cheapo Maybelline mascara (pink tube with a lime green top).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5''

I go to the gym afterwork. I take my make up off before working out because I want to keep my skin in good condition for as long as I can. I'm in my 30s now and can't get away with neglecting my skin.

I'm not going to the gym to find a husband. Now if a nice guy actually approaches me at the gym for a date, then I'm all for it. If he likes the way I look without make up on and he'll love the way I look with it on.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #20  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird3 View Post

I'm not going to the gym to find a husband. Now if a nice guy actually approaches me at the gym for a date, then I'm all for it. If he likes the way I look without make up on and he'll love the way I look with it on.
Nicley put!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #21  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I go to the gym straight from work, so yes, I already have makeup on. I leave it on. I sweat a lot, but I use good makeup and it stays on. As soon as I get home I take it off, wash my face, and moisturize. My skin has never looked better. On the weekends when I go to zumba straight from home, yes, I put on a little something--mostly just eyes and lips. I do it for me, because I want to. Not because I feel like I have to.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #22  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

well if i haven't done anything prior to that, such as going to school or work then nope. but if i do have work then workout then yes, but i find my pores do
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #23  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

F4L - I've hesitated to reply but I shall, as you've said you're here to listen and learn.

Response starts.

Of course not! I don't wear makeup anyway so I wouldn't to the gymn. Thinking of all the women I see at the gymn, I can only think of two who do. And one is a trainer. A number of gymn rats have commented that they find it odd behaviour. This is a different part of the forest here, though, and we're probably more casual or relaxed about things.

Response ends.

No offence, I hope.

Last edited by silverbirch; 05-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 158/125

Height: 5'8.5"

Default I use high quality mineral makeup

as a sun screen. It seems to look even better after I've sweated a bit. And my pores look good, no break outs.
PamelaViktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I always wear make up and will reapply before going to the gym. I am horribly self conscious and just feel naked without it.

I only wear foundation and chapstick. No mascara, eye shadow, lipstick or anything else unless it was there from earlier in the day. It's not to impress anyone as I'm married with two kids and definitely not looking to score. I would just be too self conscious without it to really focus on my work out. It likely doesn't make that much difference it's just my security blanket.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #26  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Surprisingly enough, even though I sweat in my face so much and the mascara is not water resistant, it does not smudge. It's the cheapo Maybelline mascara (pink tube with a lime green top).
Somewhat off-topic, but Tomato, you mustn't diss the classic Maybelline Great Lash in the pink tube. Seriously, do you know how many professional makeup artists include that very tube in their arsenal of stuff? That is one of the finest, time-tested mascaras ever made. When I lived near Industria Superstudio (on Washington Street in the West Village) the assistants were always running to the drugstore to get tubes of this for the photo shoots.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: current= 162, goal=140

Height: 5"4

my sister as well wears makeup to the gym, i refuse to. it doesn't help your skin, causes breakouts.

Last edited by samantha21; 05-08-2011 at 01:28 AM.
samantha21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Somewhat off-topic, but Tomato, you mustn't diss the classic Maybelline Great Lash in the pink tube. Seriously, do you know how many professional makeup artists include that very tube in their arsenal of stuff? That is one of the finest, time-tested mascaras ever made. When I lived near Industria Superstudio (on Washington Street in the West Village) the assistants were always running to the drugstore to get tubes of this for the photo shoots.
Still off topic but I have to agree, fantastic product!

As for make up, I'd never intentionally wear it to the gym but if I happen to be wearing some from the daytime I don't bother removing it. But I don't wear much anyways.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #29  

Great responses! NO offense taken, btw.

Saef - I wear that waterproof mascara and agree it rocks!

Two things: 1. I have transparent eye lashes - very long, but so blonde you can't see them. Mascara and a tiny bit of eye liner make my blue eyes existent! Also, my eyebrows are blonde as well. When I was younger and blonder, my brother called me "no brow" but at least they're browner now and you can see them. I do not put make up on my eyebrows, but my point is, when it comes to my eyes, they fade into my skin color without makeup. Add to it, I have an unfortunate vein that many mistake for purple bags. If I don't wear concealer make up, people often ask me if I have a black eye. So all I wear is concealer (only Laura Mercier will do - and only under the eyes so no blemish concerns, but I have been blessed with blemish free skin 90% of the time.) and mascara with a little liner. Alas, it still is considered wearing make up.

2. I overslept today. I usually open the gym at 5:15 am for 5:30 open time. I got a call at 5:39 am. I was sound asleep and my boot camp class starts at 5:45!!!! I live 8 minutes from the gym. I jumped into my clothes and arrived at 5:58.

No make up on.

No one said a thing. Not even a "you look so different without make up" comment.

Will it change my habit? No. Why? Coz often life gets away from me and when I leave the gym, I gotta live my life with no time to put my face on.

I guess I am vain. Or....not married and putting my best face on for any possibilities.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

I see lots of women with full make up at the gym. They don't sweat like I do, though! I'm all about looking great but the gym is not somewhere I go out of my way. I'm there to work out, nothing more. I shower as soon as I get home so it would be a waste anyways.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote