Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Default Do you tip your plastic surgeon?

I recently bought a Living Social deal for laser hair removal and in the information it says "please tip on the full amount." I don't know if this is just their generic information that is on every deal and does not apply to this one, or are you really supposed to tip your plastic surgeon? It just seems odd to me.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 04-25-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't think you are supposed to tip medical personnel. Doctors,nurses,plastic surgeons, dentists, etc. tipping not necessary. I actually think it would be unethical on their part to accept tips.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #3  

Is it a medical person doing the procedure, or an aesthetician? I would tip the latter. I have gotten deals for massage therapy on groupon, and although they were at a chiropractic office, it was a massage therapist doing the work. I tipped her.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #4  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I would ask about their credentials and find out if they are a medical trained person. I am guessing they are not. Like PP stated probably an esthetician, a person trained in hair removal, waxing, facials, etc.

I would tip, IF they do a good job. For me tips are based on service. They are earned not given. Just my 2 cents.....
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #5  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

I have a Groupon for laser hair removal so I wondered this as well. It is my understanding that the person doing it is trained personnel SUPERVISED by a doctor or something. I assumed I would tip by my question is how much? I will be getting hair removal on 3 areas 6 times each. So should I tip the first time I go? The sixth time? Every time? I don't really know how much I should tip...
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 306/240/140

Height: 5'5

Basic Guide: People who are licensed to do something permanent to your body (plastic surgeons, certified electrologists, etc) consider themselves medical professionals and generally don't want to be tipped. People who perform "temporary" cosmetic services (ie: waxing, threading, mani/pedi, skincare/ facial, etc) where nothing invasive is happening to the body should be tipped.

For people performing laser hair removal the split between tip/no tip is 50/50, so it doesn't hurt to ask; if they're in the "No tip for me, thanks" crowd they will definitely tell you so.
Kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

I'm a nurse, and it seems odd to think anyone who works in the medical field should be tipped. Heck no, actually. Maybe it's in their policy that they can receive tips, but most places I've worked have it in the policy that we are not allowed to receive gifts. It IS unethical and highly unprofessional, to be honest.
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #8  

Weird! Check their reputation at BBB (better bus bureau).

As far as laser hair removal, make sure it will be effective for you. I'm not platnum, but I'm naturally blond(ish). laser hair removal was disappointing. It was only effective on the dark hairs.

TMI, I thinned out the bush, but I still have a shrub. LOL
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

That would be weird and unethical, I would think. Is laser hair removal considered a beauty service? If it's performed by medical personnel, I still think it's not acceptable to give a tip.

And WOW, everybody is wanting a tip these day! Yeesh!!!
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism21 View Post
That would be weird and unethical, I would think. Is laser hair removal considered a beauty service? If it's performed by medical personnel, I still think it's not acceptable to give a tip.
MOST laser hair removal services are done out of salons and spas. So, yes, it's still a "beauty" service! When I used to get laser hair removal done, I used to tip.

However, I agree that if your laser hair removal procedure is done by medical personnel, there's no reason to tip.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote