Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Default Pampering on a budget!

Hey, guys. This morning, I weighed and I had whooshed 3 pounds off! I am so happy, and after all this hard work, I need a little reward! I'm going to do my kettlebell swings earlier in the day (right after I put my ferrets up from playing). I'm making some body scrub, face mask, and homemade hot oil hair treatment for myself, and then I'm going to watch a girly movie and do a self manicure.
Recipes I found:

Face mask: 1-3 crushed asprin (I have a bit of acne), 4 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons water. Wash face first, pat dry with towel. Apply and leave on for 15-20 mins, and then wash well.

Body Scrub: 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 drops essential oil (I'm using eucalyptis), 1 tbsp. honey, 1tbsp. lemon juice. This is best to use in the shower.

Hot oil treatment: 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tbsp. honey. If you're blonde, I hear adding a teaspoon of lemon juice will brighten up your hair. Heat in microwave until warm, not hot. Apply to hair with hands, making sure you get from root to tip. Wrap with towel or plastic shower cap/bag/plastic wrap and leave for 30 minutes. Then wash! I have frizzy hair, so I'm hoping this will help mine calm down a little.

What do you all do to have a little spa at home?
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I make a very similar body scrub. I also have made bath bombs in the past (they are so easy to make). My favorite beauty treatment though, is to get some great smelling lotion or body butter, if it is unscented or lightly scented I'll add my own essential oils or a little vanilla extract, and enjoy the feel of massaging the lotion in from bottom to top. I will usually follow this up with a manicure, with a nice soft pink color on my nails.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #3  

That sounds awesome too!I definitely have some great botty butter, and I'm so doing that.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #4  

wow - i love your homemade spa treatments.
where did you find these?
anawhatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #5  

Google! I just googled for everything I wanted, and I got it. I already knew about the olive oil/sugar scrub, which btw works like a dream, but the other stuff I just googled. The face mask and the hot oil for hair is great also. I am glowing!

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 05-02-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

occasionally i put egg whites on my face. it makes it really soft and smooth.

I heard that if you want to whiten your face, you can put a bit of lemon in it. I am asian so whitening your face is a huge thing in asia. lol

sometimes when im at work and my hands feel dry and yucky, i just grab 2-3 packs of sugar from the coffee shop, wet my hands, pour the sugar on my hands and RUB RUB RUB!!!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #7  

wow, i love these ideas.
thanks for posting this!!
anawhatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #8  

Yeah, bellaella, I absolutely love the exfoliating/softnening qualities of sugar. Finally, something I can use sugar for that doesn't hurt me! I also use egg whites sometimes, and really does make your face so soft
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #9  

This is a really basic, cheap thing, but I LOVE epsom salts for body exfoliation.
After getting wet in the shower, turn the water off, grab the salts, pour some in your hands and get scrubbing all over. You can wash with soap after, but I find that the salt + scrub = no need for soap. Just rinse off and you're done! Gives you really soft, exfoliated skin and is good for acne prone skin.
You can get a half gallon size for a couple of dollars at the drug store. They are often near the first aid, because you can also use some in bath or soaking water to fight injury inflammation.
Two pieces of advice though. 1. Be careful when using because they may make the shower floor slippery. 2. Don't use if you have deep cuts or skin injuries because it will sting like a mofo.
TerraIncognita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #10  

Epsom salts really are great. I use them in my foot soaks a lot, or sometimes, just in the bath with me. And they are good for your skin. ^_^
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #11  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

I've soaked in sented epsom salts baths, this is very good for the skin, and you soak up minerals... well, I forget which ones - but just read the label.

I also use an african oil for body massage. You can find it in the hair/skin aisle. Makes your skin SO soft and the massage is wonderful!

I love the sugar/olive oil recipe! I'll be trying that one.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote