Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default Any Suggestions??

I have been reading threads of how the mental image takes a while to catch up with the physical results.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get them together so they arrive at the same place at the same time.

I have sabotaged my weight loss several times and I don't want it to happen again. I want it off and forever.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I've found progress pictures to be an eyeopener. I keep thinking I'm much larger than I really am, so I take a lot of pictures to see my progress and what I really look like. Also, I heard that losing weight at a slow pace helps (no more than 1-2 lbs/week). Other than that I don't have any advice since my brain is still far behind my weight loss, lol. I am interested to see what others have done.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #3  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

Great question! I'm always feeling like I'm gaining weight. My boyfriend tells me I'm crazy but when I look in the mirror I think I'm fatter. It's SLOWLY coming off for me, but (if I'm thinking clearly) I know that it IS coming off.

I know it's why some people take pictures. So they can see their progress. Pictures wouldn't be good for me though, I'm terrified of pictures. I would dwell too much on what's still wrong rather than what has improved.

But if you can handle looking at pictures of yourself you could try that!
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #4  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

I know what you mean and after losing weight and gaining a few times, I think I've come up with a solution that works for me. I've been treating myself to a lot of Rewards lately. When I reached my 10%, i got a hair cut and color. When I have a NSV (non-scale victory) I buy a new lip gloss or nail polish. All these are things I didn't do before I started seriously trying to lose weight, and I'm noticing that giving myself these little treats are really helping me feel great about myself. I used to buy coffees at Starbucks nearly every day and while i can have one and stay in plan, lately I've been giving myself the option of buying one or putting the $3 I would've spent in a jar. Those $3's add up pretty quickly, and I use them to buy new underwear, a manicure, etc etc.
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

For me, pictures and also fitting into smaller clothes. I keep clothes at least one size too small on hand all the time and when I'm feeling down, or tempted, I go upstairs and try them on. I have some size 12 cords I can get into and zip but they are not ready for public viewing...yet. I still feel enormous on some days but really, I used to wear a 32 (2 sizes too large to shop at Lane Bryant) and now I can squeeze into a 12 and wear 14s every day. That makes a big difference to my body image even if I sometimes look in the mirror and see an overweight person.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/135.4/132

Height: 5' 4.5

Taking pictures works for me too. I really struggle to see a difference in the mirror but am often surprised when I see a picture of myself. It is kind of odd really. I also keep a pair of jeans that I wore at my beginning weight, and every once in a while I will put them on. My brain still expects them to fit, but when I feel how big they are on me now it helps me 'see' the changes in my body.
lovingsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #7  
No more +sizes

Thank you all so much. This site ROCKS!!! I love the picture idea.
lovingsam - when you 'see' then what do you do? How often do you have to do that?
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #8  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Id say take pics. I looked at pictures of myself from a few years ago and I didnt even recognize myself. So I just took my "before" pics last week. Ive already lost some weight but Im still pretty high up there so Im hoping to take another set in about a month or so to see if I see a change. Hopefully!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #9  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I know this is not going to help, but I went through a phase during my weight loss journey where I was seriously flipping out! It was when I was about 20-30 lbs from where I am now. I didn't recognize myself when I looked in the mirror at all and shopping was really difficult because I was unable to accept the size I was. I decided that I just had to give it time and stop freaking out about it. Like Sawa, I started giving myself little treats and rewards for staying on track rather than eating my anxieties. With time it has become easier and easier to recognize myself but I sometimes still surprise myself.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #10  

Thank you all so much. This site is cool
juve800 is offline   Reply With Quote