Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/127/110

Height: 5' 1''

Default So before i got in the shower today i noticed some brand new stretch marks...

nasty bright red ones on my upper thighs...
SERIOUSLY?!
ahhh!
this is awful.
i know this is probably a "no" before i even ask, but i'm going to go for it anyways...is there ANYTHING i can do for these suckers?
i never thought the extra 20 lbs i've packed on would cause this. i always associated stretch marks with a huge weight gain. guess i was wrong!
rrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

You might want to read my post here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ach-marks.html
I did manage to rid myself of most of my stretch marks (still working on the really old ones). And yes, I did completely get rid of them. So it can be done. (it bothers me so much when people say it can't) Just be persistent!
Good luck!

Last edited by Jenteal; 08-26-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Jenteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'3''

stretch marks happen because the dermis (low layers) of the skin stretches quickly and is damaged. a plastic surgeon i work with recommends that patients use aquaphor or mederma or any emollient like shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil (really anything you choose) to massage scars 15 min twice a day or 30 min once a day. if you can do it more then great. and you want to make sure that you are firmly massaging even to the point where the skin is a little red (that's the second reason why you need an emollient, so you don't rub the skin raw). this will help to flatten/soften the scar that forms in the deep layer of the skin so that it will become softer and fade. they won't completely go away but this should help.
uvachic1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Since yours are red and you just noticed them, you could try Retin-A prescription strength. Ask your doctor. That's about the only thing you can do for red ones.

There are many other alternative ways that people are trying. With glycolic acid and peels, body brushing and such. There is also Fraxel laser that is an expensive alternative with a little success, but not huge.

~BreathingSpace~
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote