Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #1  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Okay for a wedding?

I just got this dress at Torrid- I thought it was cute- my husband's friend's sister is getting married in two weeks and I was totally surprised at this find:

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/p...=1257025110511

I really like the dress but my sister says it's too clubby for a wedding? What do you think? I have no idea what the attire is but it's at night and at a hotel. I will call the bride tomorrow and double check- is the color okay? Or too bright for a wedding in November?

Thanks.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Pair it with a jacket, dressy cardigan or a shawl if you think it might be over the top for the wedding. I always err on the side of being conservative. With a modest covering, you can leave it on during the wedding and take it of at the reception - you have your bases covered - no matter what.

That being said, it is probably OK as is, depending upon the weather where you are. Sleeveless won't work here in northern MI in November.

The color is beautiful and fine for a November wedding!

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-31-2009 at 09:29 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Cute dress!!! I would wear it to a wedding! =) I love the color too! Im excited to start picking colors like that instead of black all the time. lol
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Absolutely fine for a wedding. If you are at all worried about it, I agree with Countingdown, you could pair it with something like a pashmina or a dressy cardigan.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #5  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I agree with CountingDown. I would buy a pashmina or shawl if you do not have one (over a jacket) because you will shrink out of a jacket fairly quickly and they really can't easily be altered...shawls are one size fits all.

More than likely, you will be fine, but it's good to have the extra coverage in case your sister is right...
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh I am in Southern California so weatherwise it's not even cold yet. I don't want to wear black anymore so I wanted something bright and I love blue The actual color is slightly more teal than the photo.

I'm happy at how nice it looks on me! And it's a size 0 at Torrid which is like a large/xlarge according to my friend- which makes me feel good also

Thanks guys- I am considering wearing a cardigan on top and taking it off later- I'm going to wear a gold/white gold jewelry set given to me by my hubby (earrings/bracelet/necklace) and find some goldish shoes.

Last edited by beerab; 10-31-2009 at 10:08 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

LOVE THIS DRESS!

If the wedding is in a church or temple, going with a cardigan during the service is a good idea. But take that cardigan off for the reception and have a great time dancing the night away!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I probably would not wear something like this to a wedding, although I think the style, cut, and color are adorable. It's made of polyester and I don't think those kind of fabrics are nice for such special occasions. I tend to stay away from polyester and jersey knits for dressy affairs, and I'm too scared to wear shiny fabrics when I know a lot of pictures will be taken. It's a lesson I wished I learned earlier, but fabric makes the dress.

Sometimes you can get an indication of how upscale the wedding will be by the invitation. Look closely, is it linen or other nice paper? Or does it look kind of home made? Did they get a real calligrapher to handwrite out the invitations or did they print them out on their computer? Sometimes the invitations indicate the dress code. Black tie means you must wear a long gown. Black tie optional means you can wear a shorter dress but expect that some people will be decked out in tuxedos and gowns. If it's an afternoon or outdoor wedding the dress code is a little simpler. There is a big difference between an afternoon outdoor wedding with a buffet reception, and an evening wedding at a hotel. An evening wedding always costs more than an afternoon wedding, and the attire usually follows suit.

Whatever you decide I hope you have a fun time, I love weddings!

Last edited by Palestrina; 11-01-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #9  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

This dress is on sale now for 20 bucks! I'd get it even if you don't wear it for the wedding, cause it's uber cute!!
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote