Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Default I dress differently!

When I shop (which is a lot now), I find myself going for the sexy stuff. My new thing: tube tops and tube dresses.

I can't believe I buy shirts with no sleeves or straps. I can't wrap my brain around it, but I can totally wear them. And look good, too! Amazing!

Anyone totally change their style?

Well, I don't know if it's fair to say that my style has "changed" or if I'm simply returning to dressing the way I like.

I used to always like to be pretty and feminine and....yes...sexy, but I'd gotten away from it (at over 200lbs). I simply wore things that *I thought* didn't make me look fat.

The funny thing is...when I first started losing, my friends were commenting about how I was trying to be sexy. But, I was thinking, "I'm not trying to do anything. Now, I get to dress like ME!"

Just another one of those weird weight-loss things...

Today I bought this really cute red tube top dress (from Express). It's waaaay too short for me to wear as a dress so I'm going to wear dress pants underneath (or jeans, I have to see which looks good). Anyway, I can just hear my friends now.... lol!

Last edited by Cali Doll; 10-22-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

My body type changed a lot after losing weight. Before I looked good in v-neck shirts and had the boobs to pull off some cleavage. Not anymore...I stay away from them because I'm boob-less...and I actually wear fewer sleeveless shirts because of extra skin under my arms (hello, bat wings).

I'm trying to dress with more style now than I did before, but find myself also trying harder to cover up parts of my body I used to like...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #3  

My boobs didn't go anywhere. Trust me, I wanted them too. I'm told they got smaller, but I don't really notice it.

My arms aren't perfect, but they look better than they did. I'm working on building up the muscles in my arms. I LOVE relatively muscular (toned) arms on ladies.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 10-22-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #4  
Workin' It

I've started dressing sexier, I'll admit it. Of course, that really ramped up after the boob job. I find myself wanting clothes that accent the chest and contour to the waist. And lately, I've taken to wanting to show off my arms. I never used to dress like that, ever... I dressed to fade into the background, now I want to attract attention.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I've started dressing sexier, I'll admit it. Of course, that really ramped up after the boob job. I find myself wanting clothes that accent the chest and contour to the waist. And lately, I've taken to wanting to show off my arms. I never used to dress like that, ever... I dressed to fade into the background, now I want to attract attention.
LOL! Show it off, girl!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11

I know the feeling a year ago I would have NEVER worn a tank top out in public and now I feel weird in sleeves. Go figure. I feel you on the whole boob issue. Ive always been larged chested since I hit puberty and they just wont go away but im growing to love them.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote