Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #1  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Question Would you stop If you reach your goal size before your goal weight?

I hope this is in the right area of this site...
Anyways, Been doing some thinking about goal weight verses goal size.I have 44 more lbs to lose to reach my goal weight of 150 But I always thought a size 8 would be a perfect goal size for me.(WHO KNOWS)
Anyways~I am in 11's & 12's right now at 194.2 and 5ft 5 inches And was thinking that maybe I might look to frail or thin at 150(Again who knows)
I Think by figuring I will be in a size 8 at about 165 to 160.(just guessing/who knows)
Again~this is just some thinking I am doing And was wondering What y'all thought about it.
I Just would like to keep some of my bazuumbas and some of my j-lo butt.
Plus I am 33 and wanna keep some of my curves~which who know Maybe a size 8 will come with my goal weight or when I get there I might wanna try to get to a 6 since I have never worn either size before.
Or maybe I am just freaking out because this is all gonna come to me in the near future because I am so use to the way I eat I never binge and I know I'm just gonna keep losing Staying on plan.I just do not wanna feel like I never made it to my 150 if I stop at a size I feel & look great at. But I do not wanna go to 150 if it's gonna make feel to thin ~ect ect ~Which who knows what size I will be at ect ect ect. I may even wanna get under 150 eventually~it's so confusing sometimes!

Anyone else feel this way???

All suggestions helpful.

Last edited by Lori259; 06-27-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I let my body pick my weight. My original goal was 165 then 145. I didn't change my eating or exercise much when I hit goal and settled where I am now (anywhere from 135 -139 depending on the day). If you are eating a healthy diet with enough of everything you won't keep losing forever. Eventually your body will reach a comfortable place, at least that was my experience. As far as looking too thin, 150 isn't a bad weight on a 5'5 frame, but you need to figure out what feels comfortable for you. That's harder than an absolute perfect weight to height. If you haven't seen this page, http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml, check it out. It really helped me figure out how I looked before and how I might look. It's a good dose of reality.

Congratulations on your success so far!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #3  
NEVER GIVE UP

Thanks CYNDIM`that site is aweome! 150 at 5 ft 5 looks perfect to me.
The girl in that space for that size and height still has curves and Upper and lower as I am wanting so that is making me feel better.....Plus she at 150...I think I am just totally freaking out...Why? who knows LOL! Guess I have never been skinny before ever And When I get there I wanna feel pretty and comfortable I guess.

Everything you said makes alot of since! Thanks for posting
Old 06-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Personally I think you're freaking out because you are normal I know I did last summer. I'd been fat most of my life and the only times I lost weight I gained it all back with interest within 6 months. I was afraid of that but I was also just not sure what it meant to be thin. I'm still figuring that out because it is different. I'd spent most of my life seeing myself as a fat person and there was a certain comfort and familiarity in that. What do you hide behind when you're thin?!

Your body won't be perfect when you reach your goal and being thin won't make your life perfect. If you accept those two things I really think the rest will fall into place. Have you started reading the maintainers forum yet? I did a lot of that and it helped me get ready for the day to day highs and lows.

I wouldn't gain weight back to be a size 8 but I did love being an 8. It was the best size at the thrift store - tons of cute clothes in great shape. Isn't it fun putting things on and knowing you will look terrific in them?! Sure beats trying to squeeze into something so you don't have to buy a bigger size.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

My stopping point is definitely about my body and health and lifestyle rather than about the scale. I wouldn't say it's about size either, because sizes change over the years. I realize "body and health and lifestyle" is really vague but that's OK as long as I know what I mean. Mostly, it means whatever weight/size I am when I'm eating and moving in ways that I feel are healthy and reasonable and make me feel good. But if I thought I was living "right" and still felt too big or had some other problem, I could reconsider whether further changes in my lifestyle were warranted. It's a give and take process. I won't sacrifice my lifestyle to reach some arbitrary ideal set by society; and at the same time I'm human and not completely immune to vanity. I seem to be maintaining 140 with fairly sloppy eating and without consistent exercise. So I do think I'll reach my goal with just a healthier daily routine and without restriction just to lose weight.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #6  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I'm an inch shorter, and currently at 145-148, and I still have plenty of curves. I hit size 8 in pants at about 155. I'm still in a 10 in dresses in order to fit thru the chest, but I'm a 34DD, so everything is a size bigger on top. I thought 8/10 was my goal size, but I might revise it. The last poster nailed it when she said that this size is abundantly available in thrift shops. I've bought more clothes in the last 3 months than in the previous 3 years.

As for stopping, I never plan to. What I mean is that I plan on maintaining an active lifestyle and eating in moderation.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #7  
NEVER GIVE UP

Totally true Julie08....And your totally right~I am freaking out because even though I am still overweight I am more so normal now and yes its freaking me out a bit.

I will also checkout the maintainers section on here.
I am so glad you replied to this thread....You have helped me out so much!

Last edited by Lori259; 06-27-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #8  
NEVER GIVE UP

dixied~I am never gonna stop either but I meant maintain.Stop eating and working out enough for losing and just maintain.
I guess I will have to see when I get there what size is good for my body & health ect. ect.~What is feeling right for me I guess.Since everyone is different.
I guess we know when we get there....Thanks so much for replying too.HUGS!

Y'all have been a great help for me.

Last edited by Lori259; 06-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #9  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

When I can fit a UK12 consistently, then I'll stop, regardless of how far from target I am. I'm only 5'2" and have the definition of a barrel, so that will still look cuddly.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #10  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

My goal weight is right now in the middle of a healthy BMI range. Not too small, not too big, but at the weight that will have the fewest long-term risks for disease.
I would be equally comfortable at the high end of this too, because for me, health is the priority. The rest is vanity. So once I get to the high end, I'll reassess and go from there. If I'm at the high end of a healthy BMI and I really like my lifestyle and diet, I'll stop, regardless of the size.
Currently I am a solid size 12, sometimes 10 (and sometimes 14 depending on the label!). I am higher than the top end of the BMI scale, so I'll continue down.

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-27-2009 at 10:28 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
My stopping point is definitely about my body and health and lifestyle rather than about the scale. I wouldn't say it's about size either, because sizes change over the years. I realize "body and health and lifestyle" is really vague but that's OK as long as I know what I mean. Mostly, it means whatever weight/size I am when I'm eating and moving in ways that I feel are healthy and reasonable and make me feel good. But if I thought I was living "right" and still felt too big or had some other problem, I could reconsider whether further changes in my lifestyle were warranted. It's a give and take process. I won't sacrifice my lifestyle to reach some arbitrary ideal set by society; and at the same time I'm human and not completely immune to vanity. I seem to be maintaining 140 with fairly sloppy eating and without consistent exercise. So I do think I'll reach my goal with just a healthier daily routine and without restriction just to lose weight.
I agree with Julie. I think I'll stop when I reach my goal size (or a size I feel good at) and have a lifestyle that's healthy. I've been 188lbs+ for my adult life, and I don't know how my weight and clothing sizes correlate with each other, so I can't really rely on a number. I left this forum for awhile and gained a bunch of weight... I'm 223 right now, which is the biggest I've ever been, and I'm still a size 16, the same size I was at 185-190.
gigantosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:43 AM   #12  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I plan on stopping when I feel that I look healthy and toned, no matter what the scale or pants size says. We all carry our weight differently, and I've been overweight so long that I don't even know at what point I'll be happy.

I'm about the same height and weight as you (5'5", 193lbs) but where you're in a size 11-12... I'm still fighting to get into size 16's, so who knows what my body'll be like -40lbs from now. I figure I'll know when I get there what a proper weight will be.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #13  
NEVER GIVE UP

Thanks for your replys everyone.
I Thinking I was just having a freaking out moment.
It's only been 7 & 1/2 months since I was wearing tight size 20's(needed a size 22) and now 10 size later So soon I am just freaking out I guess~Do not get me wrong I am happy as heck at my progress~I just think My mind finally noticed yesterday when I posted this thread. I got to panicing...I am sure I will know when the time is right to maintain and I would love to get to a heathly BMI ~since I have worked so hard to do this and to be healthy~I even quit smoking about a year and a half ago. I plan to be healthy~I told myself that was my goal when I started ~I am already feeling like a new me and my doctor told me 140 to 150 is healthy range for me.
He actually told me My lungs sounded like a 20 year olds And was super clear When I went there last week ~he said due to quit smoking and losing so much weight and told me to keep up the good work.
(I am 33 ) Anyways~Thanks for everyones support.
You all are great and each make good points.
I will check back in later to see if anyone else has posted.
THANKS AGAIN

Last edited by Lori259; 06-28-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #14  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

Height: 5'7"

I would use one of the online Body Fat Calculators. These are based of real scientific standards. What you want, is to get into the "normal" range based on your height and weight. This is really just a ratio between your height and weight known as your Body Mass Index. Everyone's BMI should be between 18.5 to 24.9 if you are in a healthy weight range.
Samantha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

My goal size is a size 2 because that's where I'll look my best in my opinion. I think my goal weight will accomplish that size. We'll see when I get close to it. I can always adjust as needed later.
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote