Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236.7/230.2/150

Height: 5'2

Default Woo hoo Fashion Bug....

is changing, I walked in and everything is different. They no longer have one side for misses and one side for plus, it is now casual on one and business on the other. The best part is they make the exact same clothes for both sizes, their clothes will go from size 2 to 30 (maybe 32) and be the exact same thing for all the sizes.

No longer will I walk in and see all the cute misses clothes and wish it was in my size...because it is!!!

Plus, right now they are clearancing the old stock out to buy one clearance at sticker price get the second for $5.....woot woot!!
86tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Im so sick of being limited to buying clothes at only this store. I like their clothes, but I find that they are cheaply made. I will rejoice the day I get to buy some clothes at a normal store, Walmart even.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236.7/230.2/150

Height: 5'2

I pretty much have to buy there or Lane Bryant so I was happy to see that they are making the same clothes for everyone. I do shop at Walmart online because they have the bigger sizes but I buy 1 size up because they seem to fit small.
86tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #4  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

That is awesome, I haven't been there in ages and now I have a new reason to go back!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

LOL - I had exactly the opposite reaction. I went in and had a terrible time finding clothes that fit me. Going in the "left" door instead of the "right" was a huge NSV for me.

While I will still shop there because I love their sale racks, it was a very frustrating experience checking each and every rack to see if they had items in my size.

Personal experience aside, I think they are on to something. 95 lbs ago, I would have LOVED the experience.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #6  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I like their new set up as well, I think it's resulted in a better selection for us plus size ladies. There just aren't a lot of places to buy clothes my size in southern Iowa, so I kind of have to embrace FB.

I do appreciate that they have lowered their prices. The average price of a nice top used to be $35, but now most are $25. Plus, I get a lot of coupons to save $10 on my purchases. It's always nice to save.

I do agree with the comment about quality though, you have to be careful there because I have had a few items that came unraveled or had pieces fall off.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #7  
Losing member!

S/C/G: 360/360/200

Height: 6'

I hate their new set up. We are not fooling anyone with size...so I would rather find what is available and not have to stift thru everything to only have smaller sizes.

It is a smart marketing plan to keep people in the store longer.

Too bad half of their stuff is crap....but you can occasionally find things that are of decent quality.
txestella is offline   Reply With Quote