Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #1  
:)

Height: 5'7

Default Bra Fitting

Hi everyone!

I'm going to on a vacation this weekend, and I'm getting a Bra fitting at a fancy store called "Intimacy". I have a reservation but now I'm having second thoughts.

Do you think they'll be able to help me? A plus sized girl? I'm wearing an uncomfortable 44 C/D, so I need some advice. I know the bras are ridiculously expensive, but what if they don't even have my size? And I've read some reviews saying they're snotty, snobby, are rude.

How would they react to me?! I wear a FOURTY FOUR C! What if I really wear a FOURTY SIX C?! What if they don't have a bra that fits me?!

How embarassing would that be!

Or am I just being paranoid?

Any advice appreciated, and any stories are WELCOMED!

Thanks.
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Call and tell them you have an appointment, and ask about your sizes. You'll either know it's a waste of time, or be reassured. And if they react to your size with anything but respect, RUN. Not only do you deserve to be treated better, you won't get knowledgable help with attitudes like that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

You could very easily be in a much larger cup and smaller band....also, bra extenders are awesome.

I agree with Julie, if you're not treated respectfully...run...it's too personal of an environment not to feel comfortable.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #4  
Ready2Lose

S/C/G: 308/398.8/208

Height: 5'7"

I would try and call ahead of time and ask what sizes they can accommodate. I was fitted once at lane bryant and they told me I was a 46 DD, which is complete BS! I'm wearing a 44D right now and it's even a little big in the cup so there's no way a 46 DD would have fit correctly. You have to be careful about taking the advice when getting fitted. Just be confident! If they are rude to you, then they obviously don't deserve your business!
NurseKasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #5  
:)

Height: 5'7

I found out one bra is $90.

I don't have the money, and the weariness I had about it was just too much anyway.

Maybe another day...
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

$90 is steep for a bra you're going to shrink out of (I changed bra sizes several times while losing.) Maybe you could treat yourself when you get to your goal? Good bras can be pricey, but they last much longer then cheaper bras.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote