Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Living the braless lifestyle

I am tired of bras but I do still want support and I'd feel naked without something on.

Lately, I am interested in buying camisoles with shelf bras/built in bras. Unfortunately, I can't find camisoles with built in bras at a decent price but I have found plenty of shelf bra camisoles. My favorite so far are the ones I bought from Victoria's Secret.

I also like that camisoles seem to be warmer which is helping me during those chilly days. I know the support is minimal but it seems to be enough for me.

Am I the only one?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I've just started wearing them again. I am still trying to find a comfy one. I mean it has been years(!) since I wore them. I really mean YEARS - like 20+!

I did buy another camisole a few weeks ago. The ones I still have are from slimmer days. I'll be back into them soon.

I always wear loose tops and you can't tell.

I have a question for you. How in the world did you find something at Victoria's Secret? Everytime I go into that store, everything is for string beans!

I will be looking for camisoles like you just described. I like camisoles and didn't even think about getting larger ones than what I had. It's funny, now that I'm losing weight, I went and bought a bigger one to fit now. Go figure.

Have you tried Lane Bryant? I think I will look there.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #3  
Just Me

I bought the tops from VS online, not in the store. Although I have found things in their store as well that fits me. Usually when I go pick up my free panties, I go in the store but I like to order stuff online from them. The latest camisoles I bought from them were size L (they go up to size XL).

Lane Bryant is too big for me.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

at the moment, nothing from Vickie's will fit me. I will sometimes go braless, with a heavy sweatshirt or something though, I"m barely a B cup, so I think I can get away with it, or at least like to think I can. I can never find bras that fir me right anyway, 44B's are hard to come by and when I do find one, it feels like the cup size is HUGE and makes me look awkward under shirts. So, it's pretty much braless or sports bras for me.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

no braless for me I am a 36 long and need as much support as i can get!

i am so jealous of those that can go with out. it is only in my future at the hands of a crafty surgeon!

I have bought cammi's here http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C 4%2C14

This site seems to be good for fitting if you are looking for some help finding a "real" bra www.zafu.com.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #6  
Just Me

Actually the ones I've been lusting over are from travelsmith but way expensive

http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?...50%2C254%2C278

Oh and every time I fly, skymall taunts me with theirs

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/deta...639545&c=10030

Last edited by nelie; 11-28-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I prefer the definition that a bra gives me. I'm just too busty to wear the shelf bra camisoles. They are comfy though, I used to have some that I'd just wear around the house.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I prefer the built in bra over the shelf bra in camis and tanks, but they're hard to find. I've gotten the ones from solutions and they are probably the best I've found. I have to say that the material isn't always the same. The first ones I bought had a little sheen to them (kind of like nylon) and the newer ones are more like T-shirt material. Not that it's bad, but I expected they'd be the same.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Solutions (the ones in the sky mall catalogue) has the ones with built in bra. I have a few and it took me a few tries to get the right back size to fit right. I love them for the summer and thry are comfortable for for larger size, I am a 34 DD and can wear these no problem....

Last edited by L144S; 11-28-2007 at 03:03 PM.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I HATE bras! I sometimes go braless...usually while wearing a sweatshirt with a t-shirt under and mainly just around the house. But I would love to go braless always...just too big and I don't want them sagging later on, worse that is. Need to have a reduction and then I can go braless!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

There is no way I could go braless... it's too uncomfortable to have stuff roaming free on my chest while I bound through my day.

I have the camisoles from Solutions that are t-shirt material. I found the cup sizes to vary from color to color, oddly enough. Overall, of those that fit, the support was good and the lack of bra rolls on my back made it worthwhile.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #12  
Just Me

The camisoles I do like do give some support but I still can't find ones with cup sizes at a decent price... sigh.

I've also started wearing jogging bras around the house because I get cold.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #13  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I despise bras. And since I'm only a B, and usually work from home, I'm braless 90% of the time. I don't like shelf bras either and the ones with built in bras never fit me right. I usually wear a snug fitting unlined poly tank top under whatever I'm wearing. I do wear bras to church or when dressed up and want cleavage. (That sounds bad ... for the record, I'm not going for cleavage at church!)
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #14  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I have to have a bra also, I am a 36DDD or a 38DD and my breasts seem very heavy to me so they are surely NOT perky! I like the sky mall ones I have been wanting to try them but they are so high it is hard to convince myself to go for it! But I may have to after hearing what L144S says. I cant do the "shelf" bra either or I end up with a BIG BOOB ROLL on the front...just isnt appealing to me at all. I wear a bra 12 hours a day and a good one is hard to find. I want lift/support/definition/cleavage/comfort/straps that stay in the right position......ect....
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/190/125

Height: 5'3

I wear camisoles when I'm at home and such, but don't feel comfortable in other situations (work, going out, etc.) without a bra. I have a couple I wear out (I believe they're Wacoal) that have real cups so it's like a bra, but they have a tummy tuck function so that may not be as comfortable for everyone.
Ready4aChange is offline   Reply With Quote