Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

Default right fit jeans

Has anyone out there tried these? Are they the magic pants Lane Bryant is claiming on their website? I'm trying to decide whether I want to haul myself through weekend metro traffic out to a mall this weekend, if it's worth it.
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

ive tried them on. didnt think they looked good on me. but, my mom tried some on and she looked great! so maybe you might wanna check it out
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #3  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

i tried some and didn't like them. they were either too long, too short, would fit in the hips but not in the waist. I just didn't like them. Not sure....maybe it'll do fine for you. You have to try them on yourself.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #4  
on a mission

I tried some on in every "color" and NONE worked on me...but everyone is different.
Salubrious Fervor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I work at Lane Bryant part time...I truely like the right fit jeans...on some people. I mean, for myself...I'm one of those people that are always between sizes. when i first started at lane bryant I wore a size 4 yellow. they say to go a size down...so they're a little tight because they stretch like a half size. So I took a 3 as well. The fours were huge on me by the time i wore them a few times. the threes were wayyy too tight to the point they didn't look good. So then I decided to go to the reds. I don't really have a butt, but I thought they'd help out a little...I wear a 2 red comfortably...but they do stretch and tend to be way too big by the end of the day i'm wearing them.

You would definitely have to try them. They work incredibly well for some bodies...some (like mine) not so much :-S

...BUT I must say...the right fit dress pants ROCK. I absolutely love those on everyone (including myself!!!)

I got some jeans at New York and Company the other day... I don't know what size you wear or anything, but definitely check them out. They're all on sale now too! I got 2 pairs for less than 15 bucks! How can you beat that!?
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about my experiences of buying a pair of right-fit jeans. My advice would be to check with the sales assistant on the ones which are right for you as I was way off. I was looking at blue-fit and ended up a yellow 3 which fit me fine (a little big in the waist but nothing a belt can't fix). These jeans are lower rise than I've been wearing but cut so that they are two or three inches higher at the back so you don't get builders bum when sat. They are definitely flattering for me through the hips and thighs.

Kitty

p.s. I don't know your shape/size but I would guess at 165lbs (40lbs less than me) that even the smallest size will be too large for you.

Last edited by KforKitty; 06-21-2008 at 05:37 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #7  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

These are like the BEST invention EVER!!!!!! i own a ton. Sadly they are all too big not so i went about bought a smaller pair. I have a pretty much dont have too much of a booty and its straight from my hips down and the yellow ones are just wonderful! i definalty think you should try some on.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sadly, they don't work for me either. I fit into 38/30 mens jeans. Womens plus sized jeans always have too much material in front for me. Got a great pair at Costco the other day. DH wear 36/32 so it's not like we can share!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #9  

Right now I'm wearing a 14, but not all 14's because I carry in my backside/hips. I thought Lane carried down to 14? If not the thought of not shopping there is totally wierd to me ...I never even go into the other stores in the mall heh. I do remember liking New York and Company tho so thanks for that!
The site says I'm an R2 so maybe I will just go check it out. I don't want to spend alot of money at a weight but I have to have one pair of jeans that fit great!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I like em. I got 3 pairs. I even invested in a nice belt cause they are big on me now, but I can't afford to buy new ones just yet
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Yea check out NY and co! I think the MOA has a great one! ... also, depending on your budget... I'm a size 16 who can sqeeze into a 14 (sometimes a 14 is actually the better size depending on maker)...check out the buckle or ebay even. There are a brand of jeans, a little pricey (96 dollas)...they're Big Star brand.... I LOVE them and they look GREAT!!! seriously. I decided it was my present to myself for losing nearly 50lbs. I have a pretty flat butt...and these make my butt look dang good! And they're amazingly comfy.

You don't know how shocked I was to walk into the buckle and actually be able to fit into something. They were so nice to me...usually when I've gone in there I feel like they're looking at me funny...like I'm not going to fit into anything, you know? The sales lady brought me a pile of like 10 pairs of jeans...and EVERY pair fit! It's seriously an awesome feeling. Now...If i can just keep going.....

Also, at NY and Co, cuz of the awesome price...I bought jeans in 16, 14, and 12. I figured if I keep going like I am... 8 bucks for a pair of jeans is a stellar deal, and I'm gonna be prepared!

Last edited by mxgirl737; 06-21-2008 at 05:08 PM.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #12  

Oh you know you can keep going Look how far you've come!
The right fit werent really the "right fit" for me, not quite what I was looking for to justify the expense. And the average size was so long! Also I guess I am getting a little small for Lane, there were 14's there but hard to find in anything I liked (those cute denim bermudas with the oversized belts). It was the same at NY & Co but I saw alot to look forward to!
Not that I got off cheap ... On my way out through Herbergers I spotted a little black dress that I had fallen in love with months ago on a sales rack. Back then they didn't have it in a 16 and it was 159 bucks. Tooooo much but I had wanted to try it on anyways lol. Out of 5 remaining dresses there was one size 14 knocked down to $80. Welcome back to my closet, little black dress =) (now I just have to think of excuses to wear you)
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I have two pair..one in bootcut and one in flare. I got them around Christmas because they were 20 dollars instead of 40.I tried on tons of the styles in the three different colors. I got the red 2 because I have a large bum and hips. I love my two pair because they do not bag in the back
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote