Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #16  

Hi all! Reporting in again.

Working with the trainer is a good thing for me now - and it's free because I am a new member of my gym! Accountability, however you can get it, is a powerful thing. For me, charts and numbers and specific goals always helped when I was losing weight the first time, and I know they'll help again.

We set a 90-day goal of 10 pounds lost and 3% body fat lost. 90 days will run in mid-November. That is good, solid and attainable goal.

I was gratified that even though I have gained fat, my fitness level remains high because of all the exercising that I have been doing. My resting heart rate was 52 (I can go lower and have, but it's still pretty good) and I scored 90th percentile or above on all the other tests EXCEPT for bodyfat. But it is nice to know that the hard work of six years did not go down the drain just because I put on some fat. The fitness level is still there, the muscles still "remember," and I will be lean again!

Today's plan: lunch is already in the office fridge (fixings for a salad of arugula, sliced chicken breast, Annie's yogurt dill dressing, and tomatoes). I will hit the gym after work for lower body weights and cardio, which today will be rowing machine (I like rowing machine after a leg workout). Dinner will be something small and light after the workout.

My all-time high (experienced about 2 weeks ago) was 166. This morning I was 158.2. Things are moving!
Diamonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:13 AM   #17  
Meg

Diamonda - you sound so upbeat and positive!

I am so with you on accountability and charts and graphs. Still use 'em, plus I'm a Fitday freak. Yep, ten pounds by November sounds like an attainable goal - and think how good it will feel to wear all those cute little clothes again this winter.

You've got this nailed, chickie!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #18  

Good going Diamonda. You are really taking charge of your goals and will meet them in no time. Sounds like the trainer is helping you.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Diamonda - Just wanted to thank you for the shot in the arm that I truly needed.
I just did a WI this AM and I am at an all time high since May.
Not even really in maintenance land - but I have been so slack about my regime, I haven't been losing - just maintaining + now gaining!

Been exercising on a regular basis, so the clothes aren't too tight...yet.

Thanks again - I am re-inspired, want to hit 135 by Halloween!!
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote