Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Depressed and Obsessing...Please help me!

Okay all...I've been maintaining my weight around 160 pounds for the past 6 months or so (wow, has it been that long?!!). I just don't feel like I'm thin enough yet.

I'm constantly obsessing about gaining weight. I'm always worried that I'm going to gain it all back. I'm really careful about what I eat. I could definately be exercising more, as I'm down to exercising only about twice a week now. That's definately not good. My husband worries constantly that I'm going to develop an eating disorder. I just feel that if I don't obsess, I'm going to become complacent and if I become complacent, I'm going to gain weight.

I look in the mirror and I still think that I look fat. I'm so nervous about spring and summer coming up and wearing less clothing. I have a decent amount of extra skin on my upper arms, stomach and upper thighs/butt. I know that I will never be able to afford plastic surgery to have it removed. I tried on this great skirt and top the other day at Walmart and almost cried because of how my stomach stuck out. All I can see are rolls of extra skin. I'm going to be embarrassed to wear sleaveless shirts because of, again, extra skin. How does this happen? How do I lose over 120 pounds and then be totally ashamed of what I'm left with?

I guess it's just me, but I feel like I've become very flabby over the past couple of months. I don't know if my stomach is all extra skin or if it's fat that I can lose. I don't know whether I should focus on cardio to lose more fat or on strength-training to tone everything. Not that it would matter if I toned my stomach because of all the flab that's over the muscle.

I am just so depressed and I'm totally unhappy with the way my body looks and I don't know how to change it. I want to lose more weight, but my husband and friends think that I would be pushing it if I did. People are starting to tell me that I shouldn't lose any more weight at all because I'm getting REALLY thin. But, I don't see it. All I can see is how horrible I look naked. I hate the fact that I can't wear the clothes that I want to wear because of the extra skin.

Now, I do eat healthily, so don't worry about me on that aspect. I'm just so down on myself right now. I need to talk about this with people who understand what I'm going through. I need advice because I'm really not sure what to do or where to go from here.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  
Mel

I answered you on your thread in support

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #3  
Jennifer

Wow, is it the time of year or what? I can completely relate, cem-si, as I'm going through nearly the exact thing myself (and posted about it just the other day). I don't know the answer, or I wouldn't have posted about it myself , but I refer you to some wonderful advice I got there and just tell you that you're not alone or crazy. I think there's something about our expectations for losing weight that just does a number on us when we realize everything isn't how we thought it would be.

Hang in there and continue to post!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote